The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New lvl 50 Alt - PvE Champion Point Scaling

Gothic
Gothic
✭✭✭
I earned 125 Champion Points on my main, took a year long break and started a new character with Morrowind.

Now that I went from having level 48-49 equipment at level 49, I have level 48-49 equipment and I am fighting mobs in the 100-140CP range and I am getting slaughtered. I can't craft any new equipment because I just *now* learned how to make CP10 stuff. I can't finish any of my quests because I can't stand up to anything anymore. It's kind of unplayable now.

This just seems wrong. I mean, I get it... "gear up" and all that - but this seems like such an artificially unnecessary road block right in the middle of the storyline that makes me just want to shelve this alt and go back to may main... which will just exacerbate the issue later on as I get more CP. Is there some way to make this not suck so much? How am I supposed to catch up at lvl 50 if everything is going to scale up several tiers on me?
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All mobs (and players) are scaled to CP160 since One Tamriel. But even with level 48 gear you should not "get slaughtered" by overland mobs. Except you're talking about world bosses, those have been massively buffed in One Tamriel.

Can you be more specific? What race, class, role and resource do you play? Which skills do you use, and what mobs specifically do you have what kind of problems with?
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you can’t craft gear at CP140 ... but a guildie or friend can for a modest amount of gold in return.

If you’re broke, you can always trade your services for crafting in return.
  • Gothic
    Gothic
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Loc2262 and @Taleof2Cities ,

To be a little more specific, I've been playing a stamina-based Nightblade as my alt. I've done Savior of Morrowind and Bane of the Gold Coast, and all of Glenumbra solo (minus the World Boss requirements - they are tough nowadays!). So playing up until the lvl49 / Champion Point transition hasn't been an issue at all.

Playstyle: Stupidly casual, solo, PvE, storyline / lore hound.

It went down like this: Doing a generic overland random quest and killing groups of three cannon-fodder when I level up mid-quest. Spend my points, tweak my skills, and go back to it. This time around, these same groups of three are seriously wiping me. Repeatedly. Embarrassingly. I manage to kill a few solo mobs and when I see that the white deconstruction-trash they're dropping is a significant upgrade to my blue PvE / Crafted / Set gear. Then it hit me what happened.

There's just no real way around hitting that wall, is there? Every alt I play is going to have that same issue, huh?

It just seemed unnecessary and very frustrating. Was just looking for some insight on how to deal with this step-change in difficulty. 'Cause... you know... stupidly casual and all. :)

It's good to know that things cap out at CP160, though. I guess I just play slow and cautious until my gear and skills catch back up.

Have a groovetastic weekend!
    Edited by Gothic on November 17, 2017 7:09PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a quick trip to CP 160 and I'd suggest trudging through until then and don't worry about gear in the mean time other than drops.

As you get more CP and gear it becomes easier.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It's a quick trip to CP 160 and I'd suggest trudging through until then and don't worry about gear in the mean time other than drops.
    agree.gif

I would simply make use of enlightenment, jug a few XP pots and go to a place like Vivecs Antlers and quickly grind those last 30 CP levels. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours if you have full enlightenment.

I know that probably isn't your playstyle but you are close to CP160 and once you get there you'll be able to buy lots of good gear from guild traders.
    shades.gif

Edited by SirAndy on November 17, 2017 7:46PM
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to use food/drink to increase your health/stamina pools and regen even while overland solo questing. Eating isn't just for dungeons anymore! :-)
    Edited by ZioGio on November 17, 2017 8:10PM
    PC NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothic wrote: »
    I earned 125 Champion Points on my main, ............I have level 48-49 equipment and I am fighting mobs in the 100-140CP range and I am getting slaughtered.

There is nothing weaker than a CP Ranked Character wearing Sub 50 Gear, even L49 stuff. You have less than half the stats you would if your wearing on level gear, even trash gear. Your a paper tiger, wearing toilet paper armor and wielding a wet newspaper page as a weapon.

If nothing else, use the drops that you get in the game. In the meantime, go join the Alikir Dolmen Zerg, take a Bow, and tag every mob you can. In not too long you should be at CP160. I say a bow because that is the quickest firing weapon in the game and you only need to tag the mobs once. Other weapons it will be harder to tag a lot of mobs with those zergs. You can still have your regular weapon skills or class skills on the bar for leveling purposes if you need to.

Anyway, the zerg will insulate you.

Or, scour the guild stores for CP10 to CP120 gear, but that stuff is rare.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is very squishy, since you don't have as strong self-heals as other classes and you don't have a shield unlike magicka classes. You can try getting Vigor from Alliance War, or use the Killer's Blade which is a heal-on-kill in the stamina variant. Also the dual wield has some heal-on-damage like Blood Thirst and Blood Craze. Also Draining Shot from bow. Self-heal is most important.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting doesn’t matter that much at your point in the game. Just wear whatever drops for you as you quest.it will work much better for you than very underleveled gear.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • Gothic
    Gothic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone! I used a combination of pretty much all the suggestions above. Played it safe, bought some gear, did a little Dolmen grinding, and got some lucky loot drops so I'm not dual wielding wet newspaper pages anymore. ;)

I still have a bit to go to really catch up, but I can see the situation isn't quite as dire as I initially thought. I can at least survive overland PvE questing again. That's a good start.

*internet high five*

Catch you in Tamriel.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another option is the craftable set "Vampire's Kiss" which gives you a strong heal-over-time every time you kill any enemy. I usually use that when leveling up a stamina alt. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I play a stamina NB and I understand your feelings. I saw someone mentioning food, this fixed most of my issues.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!