The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vMA MAGE Sorc - Text Guide (requested)

Lukums1
Lukums1
✭✭✭✭
The Maelstrom text Guide:

Requested by guild members and followers, here it is a step by step (off the top of my head) guide to not just beating vMA but making it your ^^%&! seriously, everyone should be able to follow this and secure some kills! Let's get to it!

Applicable for all classes: With skill tweaks however the fundamentals listed here are exactly the same.

Rules of Engagement:
You must understand that each sigil lasts for 30 seconds, by taking the defence sigil you can mitigate MOSTLY all damage from all sources reflecting range attacks at 100% value at the caster. Healing Sigil, over time damage from breath, poison, ice, blade damage 30 seconds as well this is netting you 1 minute of no incoming damage. When timed properly you can get through EVERY single round in vMA.

The haste sigil – most of the time super situational if you’re only after clears and you’re near by take it, extra regeneration from all sources as well as a nice little speed boost.

Power Sigil, now this is questionable apart from round 9 fighting the last boss. By obtaining this sigil and needing to (run back to boss) you generally LOSE more damage than gain, yes I’ve tested this and know it to be true. HOWEVER, if you’re close by DURING the boss fight taking it will NET you DPS. However, this it NOT true commencing the fight, round 1, 2, 4, 6 (for reasons which I’ll mention later through this guide), 7, 8. Which is over half of the rounds as you can see NOT worth it.

Round 1.Let the fun commence.

Round 1.Over time you’ll know where spawns are and frankly the damage from the few adds as a sorc is nothing to shutter at. Keeping your damage flowing with thundering and power surge on I can almost 100% safely say it will be impossible to die. Unless… well… I think it is actually impossible with these 2 buffs up the damage is next to nothing.

Round 2. And Round 3. Will just have to be dealt with an experienced player will easily rotation these down without any type of sweat rolling down your face.

The BOSS round, as a mage sorc. The following is advised:

Power Sigil off the bat. Go into Energy Overload ulti, ulti, ulti…. Ulti ulti…. 20% mages wrath… dead. If you however have issues during the fight initial fight when he teleport to the left grab the defensive sigil throwing ALL damage back into his face with 1 add currently up, ignoring the add continue to smash your ulti against him for the kill.

Round 3. – Things are heating up.

ULTI CHANGE FROM METEOR OR STORM TO SUPPRESSION FIELD!
First RULE: This round will PUNISH you if you move (within reason). Once you teleport in this will be your place UNTIL boss round, dig your feet into the ground.

You can easily force pulse, crystal frag every add during each round, by stepping to the left/right 1m-2m basically side stepping you can avoid ALL damage as magicka sorc just ensure you have rolling shields on just to mitigate any damage you may get hit with.
This is true for all 3 rounds once you get the hang of things by not moving and side stepping you’ve made round 1-3 a complete joke.

BOSS Round – Collect the Power Sigil, go into energy overload begin hitting boss, now be careful at 75-78% generally he goes into shield we will let this one do it, however! The 2nd one we will hit him 2 times and suppression field him, this will stop him sitting down while letting you continue you’re general rotation.

a. Please NOTE: You can STAY in overload the entire fight and just ball each one without using suppression field this idea is generally only for STAM Sorcs. It will be whatever works for you.
b. If you run out of ulti collect the defensive sigil or healing to mitigate damage.
c. Once you have done you’re full rotation boss 1, boss 2 and boss 3 pick a spot against any wall preferably near the defense of healing if you get into trouble and SIMPLY side step, left and right when cone skill is used or the circle AOE remember, MOVING will get you killed, keep your power surge up and thundering up and keep moving to a minimum and you’ll easy smash this out of the park.

Round 3. Get Slowed &^*!
1. The Slowed rounds… this level is quite simple all you’ll have to do is ensure that when the plants spawn that you force pulse then down quickly or you’ll be slowed, and generally you’ll be slowed in a debuff (circle AOE) which boss spits from her pedestal.

3. The main rule of thumb is this – every single time the mini boss spawns on round 1, 2 and 3 that the defense sigil is collected! If lightning is going on in the water roll through to collect the range adds hits like a blood truck and this will ensure you won’t die. This is the biggest tip for Round 3 as a whole, MINI Boss = Defense Sigil it’s a MUST get.

4. Boss Round – Take the boss or wait for the boss on the island with the defense sigil and power sigil next to it, what you want to do here is to dps the boss to roughly 80% (don’t quote me) adds will spawn at this time you want to IGNORE EVERYTHING collect the defense sigil and power sigil, place your aoe’s down and continue on boss, range adds will automatically die with the malee adds dying from wall of elements/liquid lightning/force pulse.

5. The aim of the aim is to keep spinning around boss in a 360 degrees rotation to ensure you never get stunned by her scream as well as (sometimes) mitigating the swiping claw attack as she has to pivot and turn every time she gets line of sighted.

Round 4. The shielding Dilemma

There is really nothing to worry about here. There are the little mini adds that will spawn around the arena slowly moving to a core position after a few seconds they will shield themselves and begin throwing lightning attacks in a line at you, they can be line of sighted from the middle section however the idea is to deal with them to negate that extra damage. The shields can be DPS through however I don’t suggest this as a Magicka sorc, it’s best just keep rotating your camera to ensure you keep an eye out for possible spawns. Pro Tip: the spawn for these little ones are the exact same so after time you’ll memorize the locations.

1. Mini Boss of round 1. – It’s basically a silly little mage which will flame trail you in one direction easily avoided dps him and move onto round 2.
2. Round 2. Again, nothing really to mention here few of the same adds while watching for mini adds keep an eye on them. The mini boss on round 2. Will spawn with 2 mages, the mage near the power sigil can and WILL use mages wrath if you’re low “under 20%” and it WILL kill you if you don’t have your shield up. To mitigate all this damage from all 3 adds collect the defense sigil to make it a TROLLOLOL. Round.

3. Round 3. Ok, this is where it heats up MAJORLLY compared to the previous rounds. There will be 2 Sphere adds which HIT LIKE A TRUCK they spawn between the defence sigil you have 2 choices
a. You roll through the adds collecting the sigil, ENSURE YOU HAVE A SHIELD ON (harden ward)
b. You kite them around 45 degrees then go back to collect the defence sigil basically allowing you not be cleaved obviously, option b will be advised as it will secure yourself not dyeing.
c. 4 Spiders will then spawn you can aoe them down between the healing sigil and haste sigil with in impending adds incoming.
d. Mini Boss DK + 1 Mage + 1 Healer - Nothing to worry about none of them do significant damage to stress, just watch out for the DK upper cut mainly and AOE circle DOT.
4. Round 4 BOSS Round – Power Sigil and you guessed it, back into energy overload ball… ball … ball … ball dead. You must ensure you get back to boss and stay inside his green circle to ensure you don’t get ZAPPED with electricity!

Round 5. It went from BURNING to FREEZING in SECONDS!

What you need to know: Trolls, trolls will spawn throughout the entire level, even without crushing shock allowing you to interrupt them they can be easily taken care of by running over or dropping force/force/crystal frags. The ice hurts, a lot. If you don’t have 30 points into thick skin I suggest you do so now.

Round 1. Nothing to stress about, 1 ranger and 1 malee 2h. By dropping liquid lightning and force they die pretty quickly the heavy attack from the 2h you should try your best to either burn before that occurs or block getting heavied into an arrow spray is not fun and will… generally lead to a death. The mini boss is a warewolf and will regenerate health when hitting a certain percent, you can either drop wall of elements, liquid and start your weaving process OR you can energy overload that *** for a few hits it’s your call.

Round 2. The Pain…

There will be 2 Rangers 1 Orge on the haste platform it’s imperative to get rid of the orge as the enrage heavy attack can hit anywhere between 10-15k it’s pretty disgusting. If you feel like this will be an issue especially with 2 rangers, what I can suggest is starting at the defense platform grabbing this sigil it will allow you to mitigate ALL damage for the next add spawn also so it’s very very handy, you’ll only have to deal with the orge as the rangers will generally kill themselves.
There are more spawns of a mage and a 2h but as mentioned the mage should die with the continuation of defence sigil and you’ll have to deal only with the 2h remembering to block.

Round 3. I strongly suggest starting on the defensive platform grabbing this sigil straight away, 1 water/lady chick 1 ranger and 1 BIG troll to kill it’s a pain it’s a lot of incoming damage and guess what you’ve mitigated ALL of it because you’ve hit the defensive sigil deal with this quickly and move onto the platform with the healing sigil, couple adds, nothing to really worry about mage, orge deal with the orge first.

Last wave of adds are spawning stay on this platform grab the healing sigil, 1 mage, 1 ranger 1 BIG Troll and if you’re UNLUCKY a troll to break the platform from the centre. It’s hard there is RNG factored in here but grabbing the healing sigil will help mitigating as much as possible. – The Key is DON’T be in MALEE range of the mage add the cone attack and aoe are generally 1 shots if you don’t have harden ward up!

Round 4.
1. Believe it or NOT it’s exactly the same as Round 3. Sigil wise.
2. Grab defensive sigil off the bat, mage, TROLL, TROLL, mage it’s a cluster &%!@. Legit. However by taking it the 2 mages are automatically “dead” reflecting damage back.
3. Few more adds for next spawn (deal with it)
4. Last Set of adds now this is where it gets tricky again. Healing sigil collect (exactly like round 3) DO not Ever take your eyes off this troll he will 1 shot you with the line ground aoe if you get hit by it, you can stay in MALEE range and 360 degree side step. Kill the mage, the bears will die from liquid and wall of elements or from general splitting of force pulse do not go out of you way to crystal frag the bears. Continue a 360 degree motion until the phase is over.

Boss Round – Surprising easy. A lot of people get this wrong however the strat is the same for most classes.
DPS Boss – range, 2h comes out kill the adds, burn boss until he breaks this platform.
Make your way to healing platform continue dpsing ensure you don’t stay on the platform as he breaks it or it will be a death, when adds come out from the torch facing to the power sigil grab the healing sigil kill the adds.
Continue dpsing boss until he again breaks the platform. Move to the defensive sigil platform. DPS Boss, when adds come OR EVEN WHEN you go to it after breaking the 2nd platform grab defensive sigil and power and burn boss.
You can safely ignore adds ensuring that defensive buff is up and power surge/thundering is on! Round
COMPLETED!
Round

The Creepie Crawlies

What you need to know: If you stop moving on this stage you’re dead simple fact. There are plenty of mobs which will push you back, slow you down, knock you down. There will be electrical storms every now and then don’t quote me on seconds as I don’t know. If you get hit by these while dealing with adds you’re going to die, you can avoid this happening by keeping those legs going!
Web Spinners, it’s important that you continue to source the hoavers these are little critters that run around the arena will borrow back down after some time, grab them and take them to the totems unwebbing all totems will grab you a “grace period” allowing you to dps at you’re will remaining adds. NOTE: This DOESN’T mean lightning storm won’t happen so you guessed it! Stay on the move!
NOTE: Whatever you DO, DON’T UNWEB ALL PILLARS UNTIL ROUND 3, mini boss! I’ll explain in the round 3 explanation below.

Round 1. Overall nothing to worry about, general mages, malee guys, lurker nothing. Easy peasey, keep in mind even though I’m not suggestion sigils that doesn’t say that they shouldn’t be used to make it a no death round (saving you time, energy and patience)

Round 2. Continue to kill adds at your leisure remembering not to unweb all pillars, if you get hoavers you can simply (let them go) or kill them NEAR the pillar for easy throw when mini boss round 3 spawns! During this round 2. The “Take Back Spiders” will appear at unwebbed pillars KILL THESE to ensure they don’t ruin all your hard work!

Round 3. Adds, Adds THEN MINI BOSS. This is the time you’ve been waiting for throw or take a hoaver to the last remaining pillar. As a Magicka Sorc this is particularly hard as he transforms himself into a lightning form you literally hit like a soggy noodle if he is not brought to his knees, if you don’t have a pillar opportunity your best bet is to energy overload him UNTIL he transforms at this point you want to grab the defense sigil as rangers are about to spawn! Deal with him while reflecting range back to rangers, now these archers won’t die so you’ll need to dot them up while you tackle the mini boss.

Round 4. Adds, Adds, nothing major again considerably easier than round 3 that’s for sure! Your issues will be the rangers and cheeky night blades get the defence sigil at your disposal, when the 2 lurkers come out I want you to stay at range grab the healing sigil. These two don’t stuff around heavy attacks generally stumbling you backwards into the lightning storm which 9/10 will cause a death on a mag sorc I kite them, I hit from range I don’t let them get near me the extra 30 seconds not to die and go through the entire round is worth it to you. It’s also important NOT TO use the totems during round 4 as you’ll want them at the ready for boss round.

Round 5. Boss Round – Dps Boss to Approx 80% then use the remaining bug to light the pillars up! Collecting the power sigil, placing liquid down and going straight into overload SHOULD get the boss to approx. 30% if not lower, after this phase and the boss isn’t dead collect the defense sigil to reflect all damage also NOTE: There will be a lurker which will spawn also!, ensure 1 bug has been taken to the a pillar also you must ensure that 2 pillars are up at all times. You will be at this point going for burn! You can ignore all adds and go HAM which should be an easy kill with defense sigil if it gets nasty you can grab the healing sigil to make life much easier!

Round 7. – Haha I’m a mage Sorc so… IDGAF.
PLACE SUPPRESSION FIELD ON!!!
Important Notes for 7: A plant will kill you if you’re stam, it’s the sad truth. If you’re a magicka sorc you can negate ALL this damage by spamming shields while you walk over to the cleanse pool, HOWEVER with this guide you won’t need it!
The general rules here are arrow spray from rangers = poison DOT so if you get hit with this as a STAM it’s over, as a sorc – You may still die but shield & shield & shield, cleanse.

Round 1. – Nothing major, 1 range a couple malee dudes which are taken care of with liquid lightning, they do a sweeping claw attack which does hurt but generally you shouldn’t die from this. Another set of Ranger adds. Then the troll, here is where the tick plays come in, you can suppression field the troll at 80% to ensure HE NEVER enrages, that’s right no more transform with suppression field this is true for rounds 1,2,4 EASY!

Round 2. – 2 Rangers, few malee adds, then the Troll and 2 critters (bugs) again nothing too hard, suppression field (Done) no enrage no stupid damage nothing!

Round 3. Now this is where it gets harder, Adds, 2 Range Adds with the 2 range adds it’s also important to kill them at the same time if you kill 1 before the other it will Trigger the lizard spawn so this is IMPORTANT, then here comes…. the Lizard &%*! Arguably the hardest mini boss in Vma.
It’s IMPORTANT to know that taking him to the clense pool will mean you don’t have to worry about spore summoners, by staying in the pool yourself and having the lizard outside even if a flower hits you, you will get the immediate cleanse however I’ve yet to see a flower in the pool EVER.
Let’s explain why: He throws a dot on you taking significant DOT as a mage sorc it can be mitigated but I want you guys to collect the healing sigil to make it feel like (no damage is occurring). He also goes up on his hind legs and then sets a circle shockwave out, getting hit by this will lead to a death, so take your time back up and wait for the wave and then move back in. I have experienced times where he does 2 in a row RNG… crap there which I was not prepared for so be careful.

Round 4. Not harder than round 3, however you’ll get the following, Ranger/adds, THEN 3 Rangers! Grab the defensive sigil before this happens MITIGIATE all damage they will kill themselves let the focus aim bounce and 1 shot the adds (sometimes it doesn’t happen).
When the 2 Trolls spawn pick a cleanse pool STAY INSIDE with the trolls OUTSIDE ignore the summoner spawning the flowers, suppression field and BOTH DEAD, no enrage no stupid damage. MUCH easier than the lizard hands down.

Round 5. BOSS Round – As a mage sorc, I’ve yet to do it the same way as STAM however let me explain how easy! this can be.
1. DPS boss slightly off the cleanse pool, he will spit the debuff at you take a step to the left or right depending on positioning. Continue to DPS, when adds spawn collect the healing sigil mitigating some damage.
a. IMPORTANT: Do NOT kill any of the mages UNTIL he does his STOMP aoe if you kill the mage as he is doing this it places the casted attack as (enraged) and will 1 shot you, if you get hit with it outside of enrage you’re looking at 7-10k damage. This is about timing!
b. After killing 1 add, go to the 2nd add and wait for bubble to spawn DPS boss and do not interrupt, which you shouldn’t be able to do as we are running force pulse not crushing shock.
c. Once the phase has ended quickly kill mage as she will do a teleport hop and begin casting AOE’s which will pretty much kill you as it’s a knock down with a potential BOSS ground AOE.
d. If all went well, COLLECT THE DEFENSIVE SIGIL + POWER SIGIL AND pick a cleanse pool preferably the power sigil pool as it’s closer sit in the cleanse pool yourself get the boss over (not inside the cleanse pool) as you’ll do no damage if he is within and BURN BOSS. IGNORE spore summoners! Watch how easy it becomes! IMPORTANT NOTE: IF you grab the defensive sigil 10-15 seconds AFTER the c. PHASE you’ll die as the mages will reflect the damage to them which will enrage boss due to both mages dieing at the wrong time!

Round 8. It’s GETTING HOT IN HERE…so take off all your clothes…?

Round 8. Generally nothing to worry about, sure there’s lava pools around but by now I’m sure everyone knows red is bad, plus you wouldn’t of gotten that far without some environmental awareness!
The only thing to watch for is the fire mages, using windmill of death which MUST be interrupted. You can’t get the defensive sigil to reflect this damage!
Last but not least there are lurkers… they HIT HARD. I can suggest every time one spawns Round 1, 2 & 3 the healing sigil is collected to help mitigate. The heavy stumbling attacks into a flame pool will = a death when not careful especially on a light, mage sorc squish squish.
Round 8-1.

1. – Add Group 1. Flame attro x 2, 1 Malee blow these up the flame attros do very little damage the 1 Malee will upper cut sending you flying so blocking is advised.
2. – Add Group 2. Flame Mage (DANGER) + 2 Healers, Defensive sigil before you run over mitigiating some damage, interrupt flame mage when she is using windmill of death.
3. – Add Group 3. 1 Malee 2h upper Cut
4. – Add Group 4. 1 Lurker – Healing sigil and go to town ensure buffs are up at ALL TIMES do not engage without thundering presence on or you’ll die!
Round 8-2
1. – Add Group 1. Flame Mage (DANGER) kill standing next to leave just off the haste sigil. A couple bugs nothing to worry about.
2. – Add Group 2. 2 Healing Mages, few more bugs.
3. – Add Group 3. 1 Luker, 2 Bugs nothing major again grab the healing buff ensure buffs are rolling.
Round 8-3
1. – Add Group 1. 1 Malee, 2 Healer Mage – Burn down while watching for upper cut
2. – Add Group 2. 2 Malee, 1 Healer Mage – Burn Healer Mage, watch for double uppercuts
3. – Add Group 3. WARNING DANGER: Lurker, 1 FLAME Mage, 1 Bug – Defensive sigil and back to the flame mage FAST interrupt and burn ENSURE BUFFS are rolling or lurker will generally heavy or aoe from behind for the kill!
Round 8-4.
1. – Add Group 1. DANGER DANGER! – 2 FLAME MAGES, 2 Healing Mages 1 Bug – DEFENSIVE SIGIL OFF THE BAT!!! The incoming damage is so high, liquid lightning, wall of elements one flame mage and get rid of that! Reapply buffs and continue on the 2nd Fire Mage.
2. – Add Group 2. 2 Malee, nothing to worry about watch for upper cut.
3. – Add Group 3. DANGER DANGER – One of the HARDEST MINI Bosses in Vma and should be treated AS AN ACTUAL BOSS!
a. As soon as the 2nd malee add dies and the next group comes in one… two… ROLL to not get grabbed by the mini bosses chain pull, kill the healer and grab the healing sigil attempting to mitigating all damage.
b. Kill the next healing mage
c. If boss has a DEBUFF circle down RUN OUT OF IT, ROLL ANYTHING! A flame whip to the face while inside will lead to your demise.
d. You’re energy overload here is VERY USEFUL I would just energy overload it while continuing to apply harden ward, NEVER EVER let harden ward go down.

Round 8-5 Boss ROUND

Arguably the easiest BOSS and ROUND! In Vma on a Magicka Sorc.

1. Power Sigil, energy overload 1-2 hits on each pillar is generally all that’s required when running julianos and elegant if 2 hits didn’t do it don’t use energy overload use your mages wrath to finish it off saving ultimate cost.
2. 3 Pillars dead, turn to boss dpsing – do that again and the fight is over.
NOTES: If you don’t have ulti you’re going to have to go old school.
3. Liquid, wall of elements, leave 1 pillar up and wait for FLAME MAGE kill this before continuing.

NOTE: Problems: When 2 pillars are gone boss is now moving at a very speedy rate, and will cleave you with his sword ultimately pushing you back generally into the lava as you’ve run for flame mage so it’s important to either overload the impending mage or deal with them quickly.
4. I Found easiest that every time a mage spawns grab either a defence sigil or healing sigil allowing you for 2 FULL phases plus the start!

Round 10! You’ve made it! … to hell. SLOT SUPPRESSION FIELD (WOOT) (FRONT BAR)!!!
I can’t speak much for myself here as I find these rounds almost IMPOSSIBLE TO die. Reasons being, you have gold ghosts wide AOE Stun AND you have ANOTHER AOE Stun Suppression field!
Rules of engagement: YOU DON’T (NEED!!) the gold ghosts if it’s going to lead to a potential death LEAVE THEM, it’s pointless running in front of 2 blue ghosts for 1 gold ghost causing a death… and a round restart. Don’t let the gold ghosts deprive you from ultimate success!
Round 1
– Add Group 1 – Ranger, Malee. – Nothing to worry about
– Add Group 2 – 2 Mages – Nothing to worry about
– Add Group 3 – 1 CG – DROTH – You have a choice you can either 1 suppression field him for the hahaha get wrecked or save it for the impending one, I’d say harden ward up and take care of this one face to face.

Round 2.
Add Group 1 - Mage, Malees – Nothing to worry about
Add Group 2 – CG – Mage or Malee can’t remember – in any case Suppression field here capturing CG and add if you can to make life easier.
Add Group 3 – Orge!!! DANAGER – DK – Malee, Defensive sigil IMMEDIATELY do not stand still as it will end up DK Root – Orge flame puddle – keep kiting while applying DOTS.

Round 3.
The hardest round of all of 9 (INCLUDING BOSS IMO)
This round is about using your sigils wisely at the right time and saving suppression field for the set of adds of round 3 to ensure the clear.
1. – Add Group 1 – CG – Mage ( deal with them ) DO NOT USE ULTI HERE NO NOT USE SIGILS HERE.
2. – Add Group 2 – MINI Boss – either spectral explosion which you should have here OR burn him, now he will place MINES down which MUST be avoided you can 90 degree him so that you position yourself in front off boss but the mines are now behind him so in the event you get chained pulled which you probably will you won’t get MINEDED! HAHA.
3. – Add Group 3 – Orge – DK – Malee – DEFENSIVE SIGIL MITIGATE all damage! It’s rough this one so stay on the move keep buffs up and harden ward on even WITH defensive sigil it’s crazy sometimes.
4. – Add Group 4 – CG – Mage – Ranger ( I think) – SUPPRESSION FIELD get them all together CC adds and ensuring CG can’t breathe fire for the easy round 3 CLEAR!

Round 4.
Easy, easy easy!
1. – Add group 1 – Mage, Malee – Summoner – Nothing to worry about!
2. – Add group 2 – CG, Malee – Summoner – SUPPRESSION FIELD HERE you get the summoner, cg and add incapacitated this way! Super easy!
3. – Add group 3 – Mage – Summoner (huh? Missing some adds here ZOS)?
4. – Add group 4 – Orge - 2 Summoners. Defensive sigil, liquid lightning the orge hit with force pulse a few times then LEAVE. Kill the 2 summoners and return to Orge if not already dead from the rebounded attacks!

Round 5.
Add group – 1 Malee NB ( which stuns… ) and 1 CG. Deal with this by suppression field it’s *** to get stunned by NB then fire breathe to just use it…
Add group 2 – THE DRAGON – Nothing too bad, dps him at 80% grab the defence sigil he will push you back, BACK UP even further yourself to dodge the incoming fire wall wave which is EASIEST at max range watching stun pools from behind (lava pit).
Move back in continue to dps if not dead grab the healing sigil energy overload and go to town! Kill the incoming adds by any means possible if have spectral explosion now is the time to do it. Orge at the end to finish the round!!!

The FINAL BOSS ROUND!

This is what shakes people up the most and honestly it’s CAKE.
The general rule is as follows when you come down from crystal phase if you get power sigil and have 500-600 ulti as a elegant sorc you can stay in overload the ENTIRE TIME and kill him it’s that simple. But let’s get on with it for now…
1. You want to DPS the boss, once he teleports GRAB DEFNESIVE sigil. We do this to ignore the windmill attack reflecting all damage back to him. Kill the healer so you don’t have to worry about it coming down from crystal stage and prepare for CG!!! DO NOT USE SUPPRESSION FIELD ON THIS FIGHT AT ALL AS WE WANT TO BUILD ENERGY OVERLOAD!
2. Once you kill CG and burn boss to 70% he will PHASE.
3. Take the clanfear to the pad which is glowing. Watch out for tail swipe, lava pools and boss aoe! Crazy I know!
4. Going up top, I’ve seen people block… and I can tell you now that gets newbies in trouble! A misclick and let go and BOOM YOU’RE OFF! So, ROLL! Yes this takes more STAM but you want this or a death? You’re call. It’s up to each person how this is done as it matters on reaction time. Here’s a few tips.
a. Because we have thundering presence on our bar you can stay up top effectively for 5 walls Yes, 5. I’ve done it on stream and probably even 6…. But man that’s fast! So what I’m saying is you have the speed!
b. You must ensure that power surge and thundering is up 100% of the time no acceptions.
c. If you use TRI Stat Pots this fight is a MILLION times easier
d. If you use 5000 Health 487 Regen Magicka the fight is MILLION TIMES EASIER
e. If you strife your camera while side stepping against the walls that spawn it’s a MILLION TIMES EASIER
f. The meteors always! Fall BEHIND YOU if you’re constantly flowing in a direction NEVER will they spawn in front UNLESS 1. You stopped or 2. You changed directions suddenly which will cause issues!
g. The Skull Rotation is this: SKULL / WALL / SKULL / SKULL / WALL / SKULL / SKULL / WALL / SKULL / SKULL / WALL.

5. Going down town! PHASED
6. When killing all the crystals you’ll get blown off it’s important to interrupt BOSS first thing you do.
7. If a gold ghost is incoming and it’s between you and the AOE BOSS KO attack LEAVE IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LEAVE IT!
8. Go get power sigil, you won’t get hit with a windmill yet
9. Kill the summoner to obtain 30 seconds more time allowing you to deal with CG.
10. When CG is spawning the boss will windmill, interrupt boss and grab the healing sigil MITIGATING ALL DAMAGE FROM CG!!! ENERGY OVERLOAD CG – THEN ENERGY OVERLOAD BOSS!!!

It’s all that simple. Kinda... after a 10 page read I know some people wanted this... I'm sorry about the spelling... and some punctuation I'm also doing this top of my head so some adds may be SLIGHTLY different which I'll fix at a later date.

If you have any questions… I can answer, help and guide you through! I will be fixing up spelling and punctuation in the next upcoming days…

Thanks,
Lukums VMA - Wh07e

PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
1600+ vMA runs and counting
Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    BUMP - for requested members... sorry if it's against the rules.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• AlphaAbsol
    AlphaAbsol
    ✭✭
    Nice guide, I'll make sure to use it. Shame that overload got nerfed and you can only store up 500 ultimate now though...
  • Siddhito
    Siddhito
    Soul Shriven
    This guide helped me to clear the Maelstrom Arena. Many thanks for that ... :)
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siddhito wrote: »
    This guide helped me to clear the Maelstrom Arena. Many thanks for that ... :)

You're super welcome sorry I did it top of my head one day at work for a guildie glad it helped you too!
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few folks would benefit from this guide during the event too @Lukums1
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz