Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Xbox One X - 4k High Res textures

Uberkull
Uberkull
✭✭✭✭✭
What is up with the saturated colors on Xbox One X? Even with HDR off, the colors are so vivid, its overboard. The dark areas are really dark, and the brighter areas have color saturation.

With HDR on, the is only a subtle change in color depth and high/low separation, so its not HDR. And why doesnt the HDR brightness slider work at all? It does nothing.

I think the 4k high res textures need to be scaled back a bit. Something is off.

Oh, and nope...not my TV. I have the Samsung MU6300 and its fully calibrated. Assassins Creed Origins look glorious.

Also, this is a complaint on PS4 Pro also. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/313094/what-happend-to-the-graphics-o-o
▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I just noticed that in game adjustments of the regular brightness control...slider until middle image is barely visible does almost nothing from min to max. If I go to character select screen, the slider does adjust the character brightness some.

4k HDR tested at all?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is so much wrong with HDR on this game but you’ve touched in other things too.

Seems it’s due to factors that begame in 2013 that were never addressed. And now we are here.....
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to make a clip of the HDR Brightness slider doing nothing. In fact, you can see that my 'Adjust Brightness' slider is all the way up to in ESO settings, also does nothing. This applies to character screen and in game.

How can this all be completely broken?

HDR Brightness Slider
    https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyRichJayOMGScoots

4k HDR in-game on Xbox One X - Let the darkness consume you
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SpineyArtisticCodSeemsGood
  • wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry some are having issues with the picture settings, I for one am not having problems with it being too dark. I have the Xbox One X, and LG 4k OLED HDR 60mhz tv, and it looks glorious!
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    sorry again, I made a mistake my tv is not OLED it is UHD. LG 60UH6035
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the HDR brightness slider ever going to work on the Xbox One X? Ever?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works now actually on the Xbox one x at least.
    Noticed it during a new TV tweak session LG 4K HDR using the HDR tv setting mode not game mode

It’s possibly TV and tv setting specific but i didn’t notice it until i used the Xbox advanced setting setup first and then changed my color mode to no effects vs any medium or cool, or c20, etc on LG and on a Samsung there’s an option too but oddly using the game setting doesn’t seem to allow the HDR slider to work well or at all

I still consider HDR done wrong by ZOS but after the last console patch it works a little.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 27, 2018 12:00AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works now actually on the Xbox one x at least.
    Noticed it during a new TV tweak session LG 4K HDR using the HDR tv setting mode not game mode

It’s possibly TV and tv setting specific but i didn’t notice it until i used the Xbox advanced setting setup first and then changed my color mode to no effects vs any medium or cool, or c20, etc on LG and on a Samsung there’s an option too but oddly using the game setting doesn’t seem to allow the HDR slider to work well or at all

I still consider HDR done wrong by ZOS but after the last console patch it works a little.

Unfortunately running outside ‘game mode’ is never an option for serious gaming. Input lag is always much higher and impacts gameplay.

My Samsung MU6300 has one of the lowest input lag values in HDR for todays tvs,
    4k @ 60Hz + HDR : 20.2 ms

However, outside of game mode: 97.9 ms

All tvs outside of a game mode setting will not have a acceptable input lag value.

HDR isnt a issue in other games like ACO, seems ZOS could ask Ubisoft for some tips.
    Edited by Uberkull on February 27, 2018 1:29PM
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always thought it looked pretty incredible on my my 4k Sony, sometimes I don’t even really feel like playing but I do cuz it looks so good lol