Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My ship is my home.

TheDarkShadow
TheDarkShadow
✭✭✭✭✭
I've suggested this before Homestead update: a ship as a "house". It can board at the dock of a city or somewhere, a bit of land we can decorate.
Edited by TheDarkShadow on November 19, 2017 3:43AM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice. Vaguely reminds me of the Oblivion game and the broken up pirate ship.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    +1.

I'd love to see a small and large ship you can decorate, alongside a bit of space next to a simple dock with a lean-to or cabin. It'd be great to have some nautical-themed furniture to go with it, and perhaps different sails available for crafting.
  • Invoca
    Invoca
    ✭✭✭
    I would love this to happen and not be outrageously prices in the Crown Store.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the boat tavern in Anvil in Oblivion? That was really cool.

I don't think you'd be able to dock anywhere other than 1 place due to technical reasons, but to have a boat to decorate, with a little bit of docks and beach, I'd love that!
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This suggestion: I'm on board :D
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on deck with this idea
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Second best suggestion - just a lighthouse would be better :)
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ship homestead would be good, but available in gold as well as crowns please. I'm not keen on the 'crown purchase only' houses.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With all the cool ships I would really really like one. Even if it was just parked next to a small island or something and I took a small boat to it.

Please ZoS make it so!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most practical way to do this would be to have an enclosed, walled dock and place the ship in water within it. Therefore allowing you to decorate the top part of the ship as well as the interior yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me a boat docked in Anvil give me s decent sized ship with rooms docked in Anvil and I’m good.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on November 20, 2017 3:17PM
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. I like that.
  • therevers
    therevers
    Soul Shriven
    A ship home woul'd be great. If I may offer a suggestion, it could have a crown store NPC called Captain, that we could place in the ship and this Captain could offer a travel service for any ports of tamriel, preventing, of course, the DLC ports wich should only be available if the user had the DLC in his account.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you build a platform at the wall of Daggerfall Castle, there is a gap in the invisible wall near the far right turret. You can get over the wall and decorate the ship in the harbour in front of the house. There are videos on YouTube showing how to do it
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea! What fun it would be to decorate a ship as your house. It would be even cooler if you could zone to different ports with it. :D
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since homestead came out there’s been tons of us on a lot of posts and polls begging for small, med and large ship homes. Hopefully at some point they see the demand and ask make it happen. If it was a decent sized ship with divided sections and door ways I wouldn’t mind if it was a CS special limited time buy.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most practical way to do this would be to have an enclosed, walled dock and place the ship in water within it. Therefore allowing you to decorate the top part of the ship as well as the interior yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

They could also have the ship docked off shore so you can "see" it from land. But you have to take a small boat to get to it, so this could allow them to instance the ship for that purpose.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I built a ship at my Hundings palace. It has a front and rear room, as well as upper steering deck. It’s about...hmm...30 ft long and is a three mast schooner.

But yes...that takes a bit too much dedication for most. I like LEGO, so.