The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Templar questions

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
I'd like to make a Templar that is the main healer in groups
BUT
Also able to solo and deal damage in smaller groups

Are there any builds where I can do this if I prefer Sword and Shield over destruction staff when I am being offensive?
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used a sword and shield when I am soloing with my templar. I use reflective light to attack multiple enemies and dark light for a single enemy. From a distance you can fire off 4 dark lights before they can get to you, killing most single enemies.
    Learning how to tank has taught me how to solo better ie blocking etc, so you might want to give it a go.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My approach has been to fully embrace being a magic healer and the ability to heal through damage when solo.

My healplar is at her best standing back healing/supporting her group, but WBs are a good example of how she can flip on a dime. If there is a tank or even melee dd or two on the WB, she stays back and focuses on heals/support to keep them alive and sustained. If, however, the only others on the WB are ranged bow plinkers (for example), she charges in to the boss's face and hold him - almost like a tank without taunts. To do this (or even solo a WB), she needs big sustain for sweeps (Seducer, EleDrain, 1800 sustain, Channeled Focus, Spell Power potions). With that she can stand in Channeled Focus and sweep all day long. She does moderate dps while getting stunning self-heals. She does 'read' the boss carefully and moves in/out of her Channeled Focus aura to avoid red/stupid. She also wisely uses block/bash at the right time.

Though she can handily solo a WB, there is nothing classically 'tanky' about her. she runs 5(light)/1/1, all attribute points in magicka and carries 18.5 health on blue food. Very similar set up to most group healplars.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on November 19, 2017 3:37AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    If all I do is heal in groups will I get loot rites on kills or even experience?
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you will in dungeons certainly. In the wild, it used to be that you have to do something like either 5% of the damage or of the healing to get the exp and goodies, but I don't know the exact rule.
    I spam healing when doing dolmens when I can't see a thing due to lag, and I get the exp.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, often times when a dps runs past me in a delve, I toss them a rapid regen (HoT) as a greeting/courtesy. Sure enough, I find lootable corpses in the dps' wake from while under the influence of my HoT.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo