The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Install Morrowind and after the Gold Edition

WolveZeta
WolveZeta
Soul Shriven
Hi guys, I have a question. I bought the Morrowind edition, but I want all the four DLC part of the gold edition. Can I install base + Morrowind and later the gold edition (the boxed version on Amanzon is cheaper) and get all the DLC? Sorry for my bad english...
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe so. I think getting the gold edition would get you a second copy of the game which had the dlc but wouldn't have morrowind.

You can buy the 'guilds and glory' bundle of dlc in-game, and if you buy crowns in the Crown sale (possibly happening around black friday) it is comparably cheap.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • WolveZeta
    WolveZeta
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for answer ^^ If I install gold edition before morrowind it's going to be good, right?
    Edited by WolveZeta on November 18, 2017 4:02PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolveZeta wrote: »
    Thanks for answer ^^ If I install gold edition before morrowind it's going to be good, right?

Yes, @WolveZeta, if you install the base game + gold edition then Morrowind you'll be fine.

There is one gameplay issue where you can't obtain a skill point on player characters in the Soul Shriven tutorial after installing Morrowind. Just something to be aware of ... if having all skill points available is important to you.
  • WolveZeta
    WolveZeta
    Soul Shriven

Yes, @WolveZeta, if you install the base game + gold edition then Morrowind you'll be fine.

There is one gameplay issue where you can't obtain a skill point on player characters in the Soul Shriven tutorial after installing Morrowind. Just something to be aware of ... if having all skill points available is important to you.

Thanks, so I have to do tutorial and after install Morrowind?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, so I have to do tutorial and after install Morrowind?

You'd want to do the soul shriven tutorial before installing Morrowind on any new characters.

It's only one skill point, but it's worth noting so that players aren't surprised later after installing Morrowind.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't install Morrowind. You activate it with a key. I would buy gold edition and then the digital Morrowind upgrade. I don't think the full Morrowind game key can be used on an account that has the base game. Or if it does work it would be more expensive probably.