The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Counter-Playing a Stamplar

Galenus_of_Pergamon
I am on a Mag Sorc and sometimes a Stamden (Stamina Warden). In 1v1s, Stamplars always wreck my stam pool with their crazy CCs.

Anyone have basic strategies to counterplay a Stamplar as a Mag Sorc and even as a stam character?
14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanna p*ss them right off? Hit them with restraining prison and walk around them. Their bread and butter (jabs) no longer even hits you.

I get so irrationally upset every time someone locks me down...
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Wanna p*ss them right off? Hit them with restraining prison and walk around them. Their bread and butter (jabs) no longer even hits you.

Stamplar here; this is correct. You can beat me my rooting/stunning me and bursting me down while I recover.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Stamplar here; this is correct. You can beat me my rooting/stunning me and bursting me down while I recover.

Why I'm running brass. As a sorc... You lose Curse due to purge, frag is dodgeable. You have to Curse, CC (so no purge) and then burst during CC break. Then Wrath/implosion should finish the job
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a templar, Eclipse em. Their jabs are considered direct damage and is reflected.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a templar, Eclipse em. Their jabs are considered direct damage and is reflected.

and watch them cure it away :lol: or cc break
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing that can beat my Stamplar is a Stam Warden or a Magplar, they just have more resources for the spells that make Templar good.

I'd suggest Zerg it, Zerg it to death.

Or, as a Sorc, drain it's Stam pool by infinitely stacking damage shields, you can't kill it but then it can't kill you either. On Warden you should be able to easily out sustain it until you can land that deadly combo when he's out of stamina.

Stamplar btw has the worst stamina management out of all the classes, play smart and then go ham when they don't have enough stam to break free.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on November 17, 2017 4:35PM
    PC EU
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade cloak works wonders against their jabs
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Blade Cloak is one of the most underrated PVP skills in the game. It provides huge mitigation against
    - Warden Shalks
    - Templar Jabs
    - Sorc curses
    - Every one of the most dangerous ults except Incap

All while providing decent damage ticks in its own right (which can proc poisons/glyphs) and pulling NBs out of stealth.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »

Blade Cloak is one of the most underrated PVP skills in the game. It provides huge mitigation against
    - Warden Shalks
    - Templar Jabs
    - Sorc curses
    - Every one of the most dangerous ults except Incap

All while providing decent damage ticks in its own right (which can proc poisons/glyphs) and pulling NBs out of stealth.

and Zergs!
    PC EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also major expedition...

I think I'll forgo defile and go back to DW
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds