The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can I buy a fireplace???

LokomotivBreath
LokomotivBreath
✭✭✭
ZOS, could you please include fireplaces in the housing furnishers or crown store. I really want a fireplace in my Strident Springs house but have neither the patience nor the crowns to buy all the materials needed to build one. It would be awesome if you would offer some of the in game fireplaces for us to buy and place in our homes. My personal favorite is the one in Red Squall Armory and The Gardener House (yes they are the same)
DC - Ban D'aid - Breton Templar Healer
DC - Ken Worth - Redguard Dragonknight
DC - Shock n Oz - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer
DC - Shaahni the Blade - Khajiit Nightblade
XBoxOne
"I believe you have my stapler"
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you don't need the crowns. you can build some very nice fireplaces with materials bought solely with gold. not saying that it wouldn't be awesome to have an option to buy just prebuilt fireplaces. and stairs. etc. it would rock if ZoS added them, especially for gold, or crown option. just saying that you don't need crowns to build one. a tiny bit of patience - yes, crowns? no.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can build a fire place and buy a flame to put into it. My forsaken I suck rough cut stoned into the floor and brought 2 fire logs with a good amount of fire and placed em in the middle giving a sunken fireplace in the middle of the room.
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    "Redguard Firepit, Stone" does the job well. You can buy it in guild stores or craft.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if we had a fireplace in game; but, I became impatient and built my own using 2 (3 if corner) statue bases and Serien’s Stand. Good luck :)
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I buy a fireplace???

@LokomotivBreath Of course you can! There are various selections here, here, and here.

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make decent fireplaces with ayleid benches/thrones/tables + any fire or brazier. Tables and benches are craftable, and thrones are sold by Coldharbour achievement merchant (though theyre pricey, like 50k each).
    2 upside down ayleid thrones, 3 tables, firelogs (flaming) and one bench:
    JclqKFL.jpg
    2 benches, 1 table, firelogs (charred), statue base (square):
    QtjCS4P.jpg
    I took firelogs from my Cliffshade house which I use as furniture storage, theyre also available in crown store I think. :) "Khajiit firepit" works fine, too (its craftable).
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on November 15, 2017 2:33PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you need are some stone blocks and a flaming firelogs. That's the cheapest option.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orcish brazier, smoldering is also a good substitute for the firelogs, if you don't want to spend crowns. Sink it in the ground so just the lip of the bowl shows (matches the stones) - can also push it back a little to make a semi-circle.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Custom made fireplaces are cool, no doubt about it, but ready-made ones would be nice too.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a aleyid benches sunken fireplace
    4 benches and 2 fire logs cost 6 slots.
    hu850z1t4gr0.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on November 17, 2017 4:37PM