The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vMSA 585k with magicka templar (CWC)

DeHei
DeHei
✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP86mePueno&feature=youtu.be

I hope this can be helpful for some guys to learn how to beat vMSA with magicka templar. I am vamp stage 4, so dont be afraid to stay as vamp in vMSA ;)

enjoy
DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
De Hei(Youtube)
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to work on the quality... dont know why i have sometimes this problem...
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not played for a patch or so and haven't read changes so I'm actually surprised to see you using a resto and also using Backlash over Radiant, is there a reason other than survivability and the little bit of magicka for the resto?

Also why no execute, has it changed? It just feels weird as I've glossed over some of the rounds but you seem to be missing hits on backlashes because everything is dying so fast. Are Templars out Dps'ing their execute?

Other than that, of the 15-20 minutes I have watched it was quite a solid run! Definitely room for improvement so hoping to see a near 590k Magplar score at some point!

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    I've not played for a patch or so and haven't read changes so I'm actually surprised to see you using a resto and also using Backlash over Radiant, is there a reason other than survivability and the little bit of magicka for the resto?

Also why no execute, has it changed? It just feels weird as I've glossed over some of the rounds but you seem to be missing hits on backlashes because everything is dying so fast. Are Templars out Dps'ing their execute?

Other than that, of the 15-20 minutes I have watched it was quite a solid run! Definitely room for improvement so hoping to see a near 590k Magplar score at some point!

Most things die so fast there´s no need to use Radiant, and the scaling of Radiant is skewed as well so it does less damage than intended (Working additive instead of multiplicative).

@DeHei 5 IA + 5 Julianos and Maelstrom weapons??
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Most things die so fast there´s no need to use Radiant, and the scaling of Radiant is skewed as well so it does less damage than intended (Working additive instead of multiplicative).

@DeHei 5 IA + 5 Julianos and Maelstrom weapons??

Yeah 5 IA + 5 Julianos + vMSA weapons. The reason for 5 pieces IA is my low sustain. I deal nearly same damage with heavy attacks instead of puncturing sweep and can hold my magickapool high. The vMSA restrostaff restores enough magicka while using rapid regen. Together with this great sustain it is also my best skill for survivalbility.
    Next time i will try with 3 IA + 2 Ilambris. Against the "little" targets i cant benefit with 1 full loaded heavy attack, because they die to fast. I can be faster, but need to look for my sustain again. So it will be tricky.

This setup is really solid and not difficult to copy. Heavy attacks when your magicka is going down and puncturing sweep for more speed. Just save magicka for bosses.

Like @Qbiken wrote, there changed enough. Oppression is just useful for big bosses in trials anymore, because of the calculation. Purifying light is much better now for fast fights, but also i should use it only for targets with 150+k life.
    Puncturing sweep is good, but the calculation is addictive instead of multiplicative like it should be.
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome really, so skilled. I've seen this yesterday but was in a hurry and didn't comment, your video anc comments are helpful indeed and gives me hope about my templar tragic sustain/very low survability. I main a templar but (as many others) I find so difficult to run that place with that class, so I shelved the char at the moment, will try again with your setup when possible; thanks a lot for sharing.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GJ bro, very impressive!

I did around two runs for about 500k on my magplar using BSW+lich+ice heart about half a year ago :smiley: Didn't touch it after, but IA with Julianos looks interesting. I use Elegance + IA on my magdk with just heavy attacking everything for easy mode
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq