The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An explanation: An Elder Scrolls Story

havingacow
havingacow
✭✭✭
This happened two days ago, and I decided to write this and share it with all of you. I'll admit this seems like a 4chan story though, or something someone would animate on YouTube. I know this doesn't look related to ESO, but it is.

I need to preface the story with a lot of details so here goes: I work at McDonald's in a Wal-Mart (unnecessary detail, but whatever), I was working a pre-close shift which means I work right before close happens and I prep for tomorrow, but stocking, cleaning things, putting up chairs, changing garbages, etc. My shift is supposed to end at 8:30 pm. Proof: https://i.imgur.com/8TNXKUP.png As you can see I don't normally work pre-close.

Next, my college is on strike, the union that represents the professors has declared no school, so I'm not currently in classes so I do have more open availability. My managers know where I go to school so they know I don't have homework or class to attend...here's the proof: https://www.fanshawec.ca/about-fanshawe/news/updates-faculty-strike

Lastly, where I work, there are a lot of people that aren't born in Canada, English is not their first language, but they do speak it, they just don't understand everything right away.

Story:
It's a normal Friday night at McDonald's, however someone did not show up for their shift for Kitchen (the person who makes food), I'm a Front Cash person. Not the most untypical thing to happen, but I already thought they would ask me to stay, but I couldn't. This is where Elder Scrolls Online factors in, the trial guild that I am with has their guild runs at 8:30 pm every night. As you saw with my schedule I don't usually work pre-close so I can make the guild runs. I committed to doing a guild run on Friday night, I told them that I would be late because I get off at 8:30, but I live close and it only takes like 5 minutes to drive home.

As I'm cleaning the different *** in the back, they ask me if I can stay until 10:00pm tonight.
I literally said "Ummm, I don't think I can sorry."
So I couldn't lie and say that I have homework or class at the time, because of the strike.
She replied: "Pleaseeee, what are you doing, you could make some extra money."
I responded: "Sorry, I can't I have a guild run tonight I can't."

Then I proceeded to try and explain what Elder Scrolls Online was and how you join a guild to complete end game content. Then they're staring back at me like I'm creating the most elusive lie to not work later. First I tried to compare it to Skyrim or Oblivion, but no one had heard of it or played it.
Then I tried to show them discord on my phone to show that I signed up as a DPS for the trial at 8:30pm and that I was already going to be late.

I guess they got tired of asking me to stay late so I ended up getting to go home and make it to the trial. GG me. ESO is life.
Toons:
fugly elf - AD Templar AR 32
fugly's brother - EP Nightblade AR 23
moist aphrodisiacs - EP Templar AR 13
t h i c c - DC Nightblade AR 13
Sir Velyn Harbor - AD Nightblade AR 22
it's pronounced zed - DC Sorcerer AR 17
Nothing is True Everything is Permitted
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You should shift your priorities.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More money = more crowns
    more crowns = more ESO
    more ESO = win
    Edited by Ratzkifal on November 17, 2017 1:29AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wouldn't have this problem if you worked at Burger King.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK, now imagine this happening to a 70 yr old female. Not working at McD’s of course, but explaining this sort of thing to my daughter, who is not a gamer, is surprisingly tough: “Sorry, I can’t babysit....Granma’s got a raid tonight.”