The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Flashing snow texture in Windhelm on several houses (video incl.)

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
Happens on:

- Skald-King's temporary court house
- Woodworking house The Tree's bounty

Example:
53mopy50rfwl.gif

• SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's some nasty z-fighting going on :/
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen on both my pc and my wife's.
    Pc eu.
    Nvidia fx1060
    Intel i7 4xxx something

As maboleth (below noted) this came with the CWC patch was not present before - wife has primary residence in Windhelm
    Edited by Ragnork on November 15, 2017 4:19PM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Yes and I don't remember I've seen this prior CWC patch.

Edited by maboleth on November 15, 2017 12:47PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're working on getting this fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this is happening as well - noticed it when traveling from the Windhelm Wayshrine to a nearby dye station....
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also noticed this. Other guildies confirmed. /bugged in game too :)
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the only houses affected. There are other houses doing it in that same zone outside windhelm. I noticed it when in the town just southeast/east of windhelm.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the only houses affected. There are other houses doing it in that same zone outside windhelm. I noticed it when in the town just southeast/east of windhelm.

Are those of the same type as in Windhelm?
  • marcusthebearhunter
    marcusthebearhunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Happens on:

- Skald-King's temporary court house
    - Woodworking house The Tree's bounty

Example:
    53mopy50rfwl.gif

i can confirm this for the x box one x too was writing it in eso live but i think nobody have noticed it and i have think it is same issu whit the 4 k version
    only way is ebonheart
    we are ebonheart the dragonborn coverd in the blood our enemies
    nord templar marcus the bearhunter
    breton healer marcus the healer
    nord warden marcus the bearkeeper
    imperial nightblade marcus the shadow walker
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw it today, heading through Windhelm.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Yes, hopefully we won't wait for big Update to have these fixed.
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am also experiencing this problem still on PC/EU in Windhelm.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the exact same issue as the OP, idk when it started since I haven't been to Windhelm in a while but CWC would be my guess.

i5-7400
    GTX 1060
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still broken.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno , any word on fixing this either on the PTS or live incremental patch?

Thanks.
  • Sektion67
    Sektion67
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm hoping they find the time to fix this soon. It looks far worse in-game compared to the above GIF. Let's make Windhelm great again! :)
  • notnsane
    notnsane
    ✭✭✭
    someone here has a NVIDIA GPU and happens to you?
    Edited by notnsane on January 22, 2018 11:58AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh thank god they are working on this. its so annoying. noticed during the new life festival where i spent a lot of time in windhelm and it drove me nuts screwing around with settings
  • Dolnor
    Dolnor
    ✭✭✭
    Sent in a bug report (with video) on this same issue. Saw it on 3 roofs in Windhelm. Not related to culling or anything.

My video card is a MSi GTX 1050Ti w/4gb DDR5 Vram.

TQQdles™
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no fix on the horizon.
  • Aeph
    Aeph
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still getting this glitch too in the same areas. Kind of gives me a headache so I avoid that area, which sucks because crafting is one of my favourite things.

Playing on Xbox One S, on European megaserver.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, we're working on getting this fixed.

Said @ZOS_GinaBruno in November!!

Three months later and still the same. When can we hope to see this fixed?
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, does it mean lost sales for ZOS? No? Then you can imagine when it will be fixed :)
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, does it mean lost sales for ZOS? No? Then you can imagine when it will be fixed :)

Well, to be honest, they have been maintaining and fixing tiny little details quite well. Surely this bug is not their top priority, but still 3 months should be more than enough, especially when already acknowledged by Gina. :-/
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started getting this problem after a new monitor, I wondered if it had anything to do with like ESV:Skyrim and refresh rates being too fast. I picked up ROG SWIFT PG279Q back in December, after hooking it up this started happening on my game as well. For ESV:Skyrim issue, both having a higher FPS refresher via the G-Sync (fixed by enforcing V-Sync in the Nvidia Control Panel) and higher than 60Hz causes crazy issues making it widely unplayable in certain locations, like horses being rendered into blobs or the water glitching out too often. In ESO its less prevalent, but it can be seen with Houses like that, Ultimate flickering when full becomes static haze, and that quest dog in Glenumbra having seizure fits.

Short answer: Yes, at least on my end. Turning off G-Sync and switching my monitor back to 60Hz via a toggle fixed the issue, but that also caused the game to turn on V-Sync so my game never goes above 60 FPS. Unlike ESV:Skyrim it's not a game-breaking issue, just graphical errors it's not a big enough impact for me to run the game at 60Hz so I learned to live with it and not stare at the buildings...
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Sorry but this issue has nothing to do with v-sync and your problems. This is a cross-platform, universal problem, affecting at least 3 buildings in Windhelm.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just came here to find a fix for this 4 month old problem. It's still happening for me on PC NA.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ You won't find it. Apparently Gina said it would be fixed in the NEXT big update. That means like 2 months from now.

That's right. Zos needs 7 months to fix a problem they were "working on getting this fixed " in November. Pathetic.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it never used to do this and only happens in half the town. i dont see why they couldnt just revert whatever broke it. but hey, 4 months on and still looks like a windows 3.11 graphics program made those roofs
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening on PS4 NA