The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

can I go pvp?

Elfhunter194
I'm a magsorc 211cp and was wondering if I could do pvp? Or should I wait till I'm a higher cp?

If so, what would be a good build? I'm just curious as pvp sounds like a lot of fun but I'm also asking because I assume the majority of the players are high cp
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can, it'll probably be pretty difficult for you just getting use to combat.

And yes you'll find high levels playing too.

Practice makes perfect, don't worry about dying, and have fun.

I don't have good advice for a set up yet
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Elfhunter194

Thanks For that! A couple of friends saying magsorc isn't a good choice? Is this true?
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks For that! A couple of friends saying magsorc isn't a good choice? Is this true?

It is a good choice, but you'll be best suited using a class you are comfortable with.

If you're comfortable with a sorc go for it.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp is a lot of fun...it's "end game" for a lot of players...

mag sorc is really challenging because you usually operate with "low" health in pvp - 22k or lower...

because of wearing light armor (5 pieces provide great magicka benefits), you have to practice a bit on fighting while moving a lot and staying shielded all the time...

you can can find specific sets to help with your resistances and sustain...

try to find and join some groups when you start out...just to get a feel for the game and watch up close how other mag sorc's play...

fyi - right now there's an issue with using the cyrodiil keep wayshrines and respawning at keeps on the consoles...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 11, 2017 9:40PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorc is probably the best class for a new player to learn PvP. You’ll learn really quick how important it is to keep up your shield rotation, which is not as instinctive as it was during PvE because of all the distractions in PvP.

Stay in a large group and kill *** from range. Get a sense of when to push and when to fall back. Be very comfortable with dying and learn that half your deaths are due to you messing up and the other half are due to being in the wrong place.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. You're better off in Sotha until you have > 300 CP.

The learning curve is steep. The longer you stick the more fun you'll have.
    Shadow hide you.
    Options
  • Elfhunter194
    Thogard wrote: »
    Mag sorc is probably the best class for a new player to learn PvP. You’ll learn really quick how important it is to keep up your shield rotation, which is not as instinctive as it was during PvE because of all the distractions in PvP.

Stay in a large group and kill *** from range. Get a sense of when to push and when to fall back. Be very comfortable with dying and learn that half your deaths are due to you messing up and the other half are due to being in the wrong place.

Thanks for that man! Shall I go pvp now or wait till I'm a much higher cp? At the moment it feels the only real damage I can really do is through using AOE's, but that's in pvp, this may be due to my setup though. What's a good build for pvp? If you have one haha
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that man! Shall I go pvp now or wait till I'm a much higher cp? At the moment it feels the only real damage I can really do is through using AOE's, but that's in pvp, this may be due to my setup though. What's a good build for pvp? If you have one haha

Go now. Have fun. Spam sorc execute :)

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should definetely go out and PvP right now. All the CP in the world, will not make you a better PvP'er. Only experience will. Go to a NO-CP campaign, and those CP will not matter at all.

IMO MagSorc is the best newbie class. It is the easiest to play for inexperienced players.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • Elfhunter194
    raasdal wrote: »
    You should definetely go out and PvP right now. All the CP in the world, will not make you a better PvP'er. Only experience will. Go to a NO-CP campaign, and those CP will not matter at all.

IMO MagSorc is the best newbie class. It is the easiest to play for inexperienced players.

There isn't literally no one on the non champ campaign, eu server
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stick to no-cp till you get higher CP.
    You have almost no chance against someone with cp 500-600.
    but in no-cp there will be people like you who are new to the game and you will have a fair fight on your hands.
    And I wouldn't call sorc weak at all.
    both mag and stam sorc are pretty strong at the moment.

I do play a stamsorc myself. It has some issues but Its really, really fun to play.
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can 'go pvp' but that doesn't mean it's gonna go well
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes you can pvp but it might not go well because of the infinite load screen's you will get if you play on console
    Options
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are above level 10, you may enter Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I PVPed from cp130, because I didn't want to start the other alliance stories or worse grind.

Expect to die and die alot. Even cannon fodder has a use, sometimes you reveal the ganker with your death
    Join a group: type LFG in zone chat, hope you have a good general. Having a good general adds a lot to your PVP experience.
    Buy and man Siege including Oils, they are the best way for you to contribute as a low level. Oils are one of the most important defensive tools.
    Heal and buff your team: Healers are also great in PVP, if you have the buffs others can slot more damage. Just like in PVE.
    You can run with the zerg or you can look at the map and learn where to be. There is acutally a lot of PVE in PVP. I mean faction useful PVE, where you run around taking resources and fighting gaurds.
    Edited by Narvuntien on November 13, 2017 4:49AM
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is a lot of fun but takes practice

You will get rekt but honestly I enjoy PVP Much more than PVE

Join people and be willing to learn, follow the crown and be patient. You'll be fine. Also take sets that provide regen (for instance liche).

Options
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭

Surely youre not talking about sotha. For one there isnt a second where there isnt an EP group taking empty keeps there. And the server is very much alive and kicking at primetime any day of the week. Which color do you represent?
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
    Options
  • Elfhunter194
    montjie wrote: »

Surely youre not talking about sotha. For one there isnt a second where there isnt an EP group taking empty keeps there. And the server is very much alive and kicking at primetime any day of the week. Which color do you represent?

Yellow

Options
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs are also a good option for learning PvP. I prefer it, actually, when testing out builds. Because the short respawn times, you aren't facing a 5 min horse ride for dying. In BGs you just respawn and try something different.

Plan on sucking at first. Then once you start to get the hang of combat, it's a lot of fun.
    Options
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a magsorc 211cp and was wondering if I could do pvp? Or should I wait till I'm a higher cp?

If so, what would be a good build? I'm just curious as pvp sounds like a lot of fun but I'm also asking because I assume the majority of the players are high cp

You for sure should go PvP. Now, yes at low CP you're gonna die. a lot. But, pay attention to what's killing you, start figuring out what works and what doesn't. Even if you were max CP, learning to Pvp where you're not playing horse sim every 5 minutes takes a lot of time. You'll get there, just keep at it. There is not one player in this game with magic PvP powers (except people who use Miats, but that's cancer). Everyone got to where they are by putting the time in and practicing.

(edited to include witty jab at miats users)
    Edited by Hecker777 on November 14, 2017 5:17PM
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a magsorc 211cp and was wondering if I could do pvp?
    I have a dedicated PvP character that went to Cyrodiil at level 10. And no, that's not CP10, but 10 as in ten.

There's really no reason to wait, there are plenty of ways to survive and even thrive in PvP at lower levels.
    bye1.gif
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the Miat’s addon. Whether you agree with it or not, it is an allowed and approved part of the game and you’d be handicapping yourself without it, especially in the beginning. Once you get better you’ll know what o look for and can turn the addon off if you disagree with using it (or if ZOS changes their stance on it)

Options
  • Elfhunter194
    Created a brand new character, stamblade. This does more damage at level 20 than my magsorc at cp220 which is kinda ridiculous.

I spent most of today in pvp trying to get vigour, I got it! I managed to get myself a few kills, feels good seeing that title come up saying who you have killed. I have also died quite a lot, I guess I just need to learn a good rotation and find what works for me that's efficient. Regardless off me getting rekt I was having a lot of fun, working with a bunch of other players, planning out next move etc.
    Edited by Elfhunter194 on November 15, 2017 6:36PM
    Options