The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Asylum Sanctorium - Normal Guide Request

Daila820
Daila820
Does anyone have a written guide or some tips for Asylum Sanctorium on normal?
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a quick write up on each boss, please note this is how most pug groups I have joined have done Normal Asylum.

1. Going up the right side you’ll run into Saint Llothis; he’ll summon two additional minions that can either be off tanked or just ignored and their damage healed through; these adds were never a problem with any group.

- The boss will teleport every so often around the room; he’ll target a random player and do a poison type attack on them which is a frontal cone, if you are the target just stand still it’s the job of the other DPS to move out of the cone. The boss will occasionally do a AoE around him, just hold block and get ready to bash him afterwards because he’ll do a poison AoE volley on players, which hurts. Just a quick bash and he’ll stop; this continues for the rest of the fight with his adds coming back after they are killed.

2. Saint Felms – All the groups I have run with on this boss just stack on top of him, healers just spam heals and DPS just do their rotation. If someone is standing at range, he will ambush to them, so everyone needs to just stack on him. He has a lot of red around, but its very easily healed through if everyone is stacked. This boss dies very quickly on normal and I don’t think to date I’ve seen anyone die on this fight who does the stacking strategy.

3. Saint Olms – At 90%, 75%, 50%, and 25% Saint Olms will jump right to left several times pretty much killing anyone who is in the way. In-between phases he will do a lightning attack that will target players where they are standing and send out bolts along the ground; he will also do a frontal cone steam breath attack and summon little robot adds, they look like the pet you can get from Vvardenfell that make him immune along with a few Firepot Spiders.

a. Strategy – Tank needs to face Saint Olms toward a wall, most groups face him toward the gate that you enter, when he does his steam breath attack he will not follow the tank, so the tank needs to side step it. No DPS should be in front of the boss at all during this fight. As a DPS make sure you stay loosely spread around the boss for when he does his lightning storm attack, this attack will target you and send a bolt of lightning to your location; please note that it targets everyone, so the whole group will need to move around to dodge, try not to stack on top of other players. When he reaches 90%, 75%, 50%, and 25%; you will need to move to the side of the room; the gate you come in at or the opposite side and hold block. He’ll do several jumps in the center of the room that will literally one shot anyone there, while doing minor AoE damage.

b. During the fight lil robots will come out and make Saint Olms immune, make sure you switch to them right away and kill them. You’ll also have Firepot spiders, but the damage they do on normal can easily be healed through, I believe they kill themselves or just die very quickly to AoE damage. They have never been an issue at all.

c. At 25% Saint Olms will start shooting fire into different portions of the room. Meet in the center and watch where the flames go, once a flame goes off in an are, you can move there as the flames won’t hit that area again. With very good groups, healers can most likely heal through this too, but most pugs I am in they cannot, so its best to avoid the damage.

That’s pretty much it; hopefully if I missed anything others can add to it. Please note, this is just Normal Asylum, I have not done Veteran at all.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I ran vet I repaired my gear to full before Olms.By the time he was at 20%(not sure if the percentage is correct)all my gear was broken.Had to duck into a corner to repair my gear.Cleared it though.I was wondering why my sorc shields weren't doing much.