Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Know It's Weird And All, Of What Zergs Remind Me Of In Cyrodiil *Has to do with wildlife

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
(besides all alliances are guilty of zergs including myself.) But no offense I totally believe, zergs are always migrating. Zergs usually always gather, in no particular order. But out in the Wild, in real life. It's always a particular course to follow while migrating.

I know it's awkward to think of Zergs in Cyrodiil as animals. I could also say that us Zergs could be a herd. But I would be mistaken, however you know what really fits. As a good example, For a zerg?

As I was watching Geese flying over me, "They" geese reminds me of a zerg. As the flock (or Skein) was flying by. There was 2 different groups of Geese. The one large and 1St group of Geese, had about 14 in the flock. These 14 Geese I would consider a zerg. Let's pretend these geese from 1St group was I Cyrodiil.

I know it's a very bad example for what zergs are. But I really considered a zerg as these geese. Always migrating, always finding a fight (Not in real life) always want to overwhelm another alliance. (Still not real life)But these "flock of 14 geese" wants to have fun, but could also represent a guild and or solo people banding together. To try and overwhelm another alliance and or be evenly matched.

However there was also another group of geese, little late but they where following the other geese. However these where only 2 geese in this 2ND group, that flew past me. The 1St group of geese was further ahead.

So I pondering if these 2 geese from the 2ND group, that flew past me. Could represent a tiny group and or solo PvPer's in the game. These geese could also represent followers of the zerg (1St group of geese) and or guild mates with slow mounts trying to catch up in Cyrodiil.

Event though I am considered an animal lover of sorts ( Mostly due to 13 yrs living in the forest and mountain growing up, before went foster care, then life on farm) I also didn't mean go off subject. I believe that the wild life (From both above and below) could also bring us answers.

In which I totally believe that these 2 different geese groups. Was my answer and perfect example of what a Zerg in Cyrodiil. Truly represents and I know it's odd thinking Zergs in Cyrodiil as these 2 flock of geese in real life. I know it's bad analogy to say.

But If I was asked by a new PvPer of what is a Zerg? I would honestly say, a zerg represents flock of geese. But if there was another flock of geese trying to catch up. (usually is) Then I would give an example with this 2ND flock of geese to. I know I'm very odd, but I honestly believe this was a good example and actually kinda Understand. Least to me of what a Zerg is in Cyrodiil.

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

I don't know why, but I found this post to be extremely amusing.

Here, have an awesome :D
    Edited by Morbash on November 19, 2017 8:20PM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    @pzschrek Please read. Youd enjoy this
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread totally inspired me to watch a National Geographic video about army ants and in my head I hummed the Die Hard version of The Ants go marching one by one ... (When Johnny Comes Marching Home).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3Me_MVR90

Try to make that work watching the geese next time. :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, interesting observation serjustin. It reminds me of a conversation I had in ts a few months ago about how my core group of eso buddies each remind me of a particular animal based on their play styles and also their demeanor and personalities. This led to another very interesting point that was made regarding zerglings, which is why I bring this up.

See, it’s too easy to paint the poor wandering zerglings, banding together in herds for protection from the big bad wolves, as innocuous little herd animals. But in reality, no one in Cyrodiil is innocent, besides maybe the random PvEer collecting skyshards with baited breath. They don’t just herd for protection and group safety, but they also herd to be able to gang up on the predators that they have no hope of killing alone. In this way, zerglings aren’t actually innocent little herd animals like sheep, caribou, or geese (ok geese are devil spawns but you get my point). No, zerglings are actually pack predators like filthy Hyenas that will gladly murder the more noble creatures of the Cyrodiilic ecosystem in droves, whom they would run from in sheer terror in more even sized engagements.

So that being said, my message to those who like to shame small scalers and AP farming guilds....leave your sympathy at the door. More specifically, at the resource tower door, which no longer exists but still bares silent witness to the legions of zerglings that get farmed there on a daily basis.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Hmm, interesting observation serjustin. It reminds me of a conversation I had in ts a few months ago about how my core group of eso buddies each remind me of a particular animal based on their play styles and also their demeanor and personalities. This led to another very interesting point that was made regarding zerglings, which is why I bring this up.

See, it’s too easy to paint the poor wandering zerglings, banding together in herds for protection from the big bad wolves, as innocuous little herd animals. But in reality, no one in Cyrodiil is innocent, besides maybe the random PvEer collecting skyshards with baited breath. They don’t just herd for protection and group safety, but they also herd to be able to gang up on the predators that they have no hope of killing alone. In this way, zerglings aren’t actually innocent little herd animals like sheep, caribou, or geese (ok geese are devil spawns but you get my point). No, zerglings are actually pack predators like filthy Hyenas that will gladly murder the more noble creatures of the Cyrodiilic ecosystem in droves, whom they would run from in sheer terror in more even sized engagements.

So that being said, my message to those who like to shame small scalers and AP farming guilds....leave your sympathy at the door. More specifically, at the resource tower door, which no longer exists but still bares silent witness to the legions of zerglings that get farmed there on a daily basis.

This is great. Now all we need is David attenborough to sit through a few load screens then do a full length ESO documentary. Zeni get on it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice job senor :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed @kynseon.

I found this nature documentary of a streak-sorc 1vXer facing down the zerg that may illuminate the point as well:

https://youtu.be/e-7UbU45a1U?t=35
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helen Keller on a Jet ski
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole