The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

SO how come the XB1 EU Server had a meltdown?

Chrysa1is
Chrysa1is
✭✭✭✭✭
Would be kinda nice to know what happened with the logging on issue?

(We all know it was that Gold VK Hacker Group) but still, I wish ZOS would tell us what happened, because that was random.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to know if they're putting measures in place to stop it happening again.
    Options
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking it was DDos'd. I'm not sure of this, but it seems MS opened fire on the gold sellers on the XB EU server first (banning entire consoles I reckon) even though I still am seeing them.

I suspect we have a couple of pro-active people on the XB EU server who are making sure the reports of the GT's are going directly to MS EU. Its also more than possible that an MS EU Xbox team member has been playing the game and went into mod mode when the gold sellers popped up. So, the gold sellers DDos'd the server. DDos bot rings are very easy to come by these days, and there are places where you go and hire the C&C for a few hours.

MS have their EU HQ in Dublin, Ireland.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if there's any sort of "Gold Seller Mafia"? For example, can they threaten guilds if they don't get their "protection" money quick enough? Do they order hits on rival sellers?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I wonder if there's any sort of "Gold Seller Mafia"? For example, can they threaten guilds if they don't get their "protection" money quick enough? Do they order hits on rival sellers?

Skooma Mafia .
    Options
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    I'd love to know if they're putting measures in place to stop it happening again.

Nope
    Options
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    Would be kinda nice to know what happened with the logging on issue?

(We all know it was that Gold VK Hacker Group) but still, I wish ZOS would tell us what happened, because that was random.

Don't put ideas in their heads. It was probably ZOS incompetence.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
    Options
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    "Revenge is a dish best served gold."
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those gold vk people are everywhere on PS4 NA
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on October 25, 2017 1:51AM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has issues every month or more often. Prob diff reasons but I see enough threads that it seems it’s a way bigger issue
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Bonzodog01 Zos have a headquarters in Galway in Ireland, maybe it's the crappy Irish broadband, I should know I live there & get 1 to 4mb/s
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can't go into a region without them popping up, I've heard that whole guilds are reporting them on mass. Don't know how they can still operate with that many bans
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't the first time a server has been held hostage as a result of Actions being taken against gold sellers...

All those GMs banning bots and such and then this as a retaliation. It got way out of hand how much ZoS allowed after the last time, hope they don't let it get worse lol
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can't go into a region without them popping up, I've heard that whole guilds are reporting them on mass. Don't know how they can still operate with that many bans

I can’t keep up with reporting them. Would be nice if GM’s would lurk zone chat more often and nuke them where they stand.
    Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t keep up with reporting them. Would be nice if GM’s would lurk zone chat more often and nuke them where they stand.

That is the issue. They need full time GM's in the game like real mmo's used to do back in the day and banned people on the spot for stuff like this. Now it's gotten so far out of control that some nobody can hold a major game company hostage. Unbelievable but it's Zos fault from the start. You reap what you sow......
    Edited by LadyDestiny on November 10, 2017 11:35AM
    Options
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of anti bot proactive people on xbox eu who constantly report both to ms and zeni. As well as troll bot trains when we see them
    Options
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GM

GM's should start actually spending some time in their game. In Cyrodiil to spot these obvious cheaters, and especially on the "noob islands" and slay the s**t out of these Chinese bots, and in cities like Craglorn, Mournhold etc. and see these zone chat spammers. Dealing with it through us, really isn't a good solution.
    Options
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be some concpiracy going on , i suppose the gold and account sellers are part of the Zo$ company and thay provide additional income for them . Just think about it , why thay are left at peace for so many years . No GMs online , no bans .. nothing . In some MMOS like the good old Mu Online the cheaters and rule breakers were IP and MAC banned and also thay have been desplayed in the web site in the Wall of shame section.
    Options