The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pet emotes for homes.

Raideen
Raideen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hello all I am about 5 weeks new to ESO and this is my first post on the forums.

I am sure this has been discussed before as there are rarely new ideas, but I am too lazy to search the topic and would rather make a post.

As title suggests, would it be possible for us to have a few emotes for pets when they are placed in homes.

For example, my girlfriend and I like to get pillows and rugs for the pets to sit on, but the pets just stand there and look kinda goofy. In a sense they throw off the atmosphere we are trying to create.

I would like to see pet emotes such as /eating (eating out of a bowl), /sleeping (curled up and sleeping), /sitting/resting (laying down, but in an alert, awake position with head up, like how the Sphinx sits), /playing (running in circles like the thief pet) etc.

I know this ads very little to the game in regards to...well anything but aesthetics, but I think it would make a nice addition to making homes feel a bit more alive.

Thank you,
Raideen
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there *waves* I am fairly new here too. Started playing about a month ago. Tested in the beginning but didn't like the game, but now I enjoy it. I digress, I would also love to see the pets at least sit or lie in the houses. They just stand there looking rather stiff and uncomfortable, but Raideen's ideas are very nice. I'd like to see them do a little more.

(Also storage chests for houses please!)
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you.

I agree on the storage chests thing. I often find myself going to "interact" with chests placed at the foot of beds. Or even crates.

I like the housing feature, but I would like to see it have more interactivity and function.
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    a few pets actually have a variety of animations in a home.

my dro'mathra cub chases a butterfly, crouches and rolls on it's back. it also sneezes out a blue cloud lol
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    SSlarg wrote: »
    a few pets actually have a variety of animations in a home.

my dro'mathra cub chases a butterfly, crouches and rolls on it's back. it also sneezes out a blue cloud lol

That's actually just part of it's idle animation cycle, and has nothing to do with it being in a home aside from the fact it's always idle in home.
  • ChibchanLawyer
    First off, Well-met! And welcome to the ESO Community.

As for my input on your pet emote idea, I do believe it would be a nice little touch to housing, I mean, some objects are interactable, I don't see why pets wouldn't either, seeing as how they're part of the house atmosphere. Sure, it has no other impact gamepaywise other tan aesthetics, but then again, isn't that an integral part of rolelaying games? To immerse?

As for the storage, I completely agree, it sounds like something your personal house should probably have, complemented maybe by a better Trophy display sistem.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As for my input on your pet emote idea, I do believe it would be a nice little touch to housing, I mean, some objects are interactable, I don't see why pets wouldn't either, seeing as how they're part of the house atmosphere.

And the animations are out there - I forget which city it is, but there is a guard that pets a cat sitting on a wall.