Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to lower the lag in Cyrodill

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
Lower the population cap.

Please
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't, invest the time in server call optimisations which is the real cause (from our understanding).

Cyrodiil population has been hit so much since launch already any more and it might as well be a 4v4v4 battleground with a huge map.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lowering population cap isn't the solution.

You need to spread the current players out to different locations. The problem is there only being 2 fights on the map at any one time. If you lower the population cap this won't change, there will still only be 2 fights on the map and there will be just as much lag.

Need to make people not travel in groups of 50 from location to location.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Lower the population cap.

Please

Apologies, and I certainly understand the frustration, but lowering the cap is not the solution. As @Turelus mentions, making server call more robust is the solution. And this is coming from someone that missed a keep cap after a 45 minute epic battle last weekend, because right as we breached the inner wall, Cyrodiil decided to freeze on me and then kick me to login. I listened helplessly to my guild in Discord as we flipped the keep while I was stuck relogging and then having to re-qeue and re-enter Cyrodiil. At least we reclaimed our elder scroll that AD was protecting there.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can split the populetion between servers @IxSTALKERxI , by forcing them to change campaign since it's full. (lower caps, better fun)
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it not help if we went back to the days of "One faction/one campaign" game play? Would that break up the zergs at all? Rather than the faction jumping that happens now?

Also, was there ever a time when Cyro didn't lag people out? From my understanding, there wasn't until ZOS did something to stop the gold farmers out there.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    You can split the populetion between servers @IxSTALKERxI , by forcing them to change campaign since it's full. (lower caps, better fun)

Yeah the population should be split up between the servers a little better but I don't think lowering caps on vivec would be the best way to go about things. The population needs to also be spit up on the map. The less total players the less fights on the map to choose from potentially. Although at the moment everyone stacks at the same fight anyway which is the main issue.

Some changes I think that could help are:

-Adjust map layout so people don't run in a line from objective to objective (Eg. stagger poition of the outposts more to help break up the emperor ring)
    -Reduce o'tick values by 33%
    -Reduce maximum group size to 18 down from 24.
    -Reduce healing on players you are not grouped with by 25%.
    -change objective scoring values
    -dynamic scoring / population caps
    -give better incentives for fighting on the outnumbered faction (eg. more ap)

People may not agree with everything on this list but I think some of these changes would make a much more positive impact to gameplay and latency in cyrodiil than further reducing the population cap.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel