The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why can't we preview locked dyes and armour styles?

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously, why? I'd like to know how stuff looks to decide whether to go work on achievements or motiff hunting.
This makes no sense :(
  • Mithoron
    Mithoron
    ✭✭✭
    Good question.....
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very good suggestion on both counts, @Octopuss
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can guess on locked dyes, you have to get the achievement for the dye.

On armor styles - that IS a good question. The tiny previews are often misleading, and I really do want to see what it looks like on my character before crafting with an expensive style material. ESO fashion is a good reference, but it can't cover all the body types and possilbe stretch issues.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be really nice to be able to preview locked dyes. That was you could be like "OOOH that's nice" and prioritize your achievements!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes no sense on the dyes either - of course you have to earn the achievements, but what's stopping ZOS to allow us to dye the armour piece without being able to confirm the process or something when the requirement is not met?
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deserved bump.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair point, OP ... would be a nice feature.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree!
    PC-EU @lientier
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't answer that. However I can point out that there are websites like eso.mmo-fashion.com where you can look at all styles, colours, items, etc. Not the perfect solution, but never the less a solution.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I can't answer that. However I can point out that there are websites like eso.mmo-fashion.com where you can look at all styles, colours, items, etc. Not the perfect solution, but never the less a solution.
    Yes, and it's extremely inconvenient when you want to craft something.
    The whole point is to be able to immediatelly see what stuff looks like ingame when you have crafting station opened - typically how the crafted piece would look like in combination with the rest of the armour you're currently wearing.
  • Korlian
    Korlian
    ✭✭
    Not being able to preview the armor style etc before crafting it has been frustrating me for years already. It's also lead to me not really bothering to craft stuff for myself even though I want to. Trying to look this stuff up on the web is far from ideal, it's frankly quite misleading. This would be a super addition to have in the game, and honestly, they already got it for their crown store motifs, please let us do the same when crafting.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    You can see all racial / rare styles in the crown store as a preview for medium/heavy/light.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP 100% but I need to google how game mechanics work so I’m not surprised that I need to see how motifs look at the university of google.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC