The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Group finder is behaving strangely (surprise)

Mephisto939
Mephisto939
✭✭✭✭
It seems to be putting random dungeon queues ahead of specific. Several times now I have queued my dps for a specific dungeon, and waited in queue over 30 minutes. I cancel, queue random, and within minutes I get the dungeon I was looking for. I would just queue random all the time, but half the time I end up in Bloodroot Forge etc... and get a 15 minute penalty. ZOS is this working as intended?
Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest the title of your topic to "Groupfinder is *still* behaving strangely (suprise)" as it has been since Homestead.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah as said above it's been really wonky pretty much all of 2017. Whether it's the glitch that makes everyone ready up 50 times in a row, or when it sits you in what I like to call a "phantom queue" where you could sit in it for 24 hours and never find a group. Many times I will sit in a queue for 15-20 minutes as a DPS and not get a single ready check. Then, if I leave the queue and restart it, I'll get one in 3 minutes. Based on how long it's been broke I feel like it's just one more of the things that will never get fixed.
    Options
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    Something's up. Either everyone is queueing as a healer now or.......????? I at times in the past week or so have sat in queue on my healer for 20 or more minutes before I give up. Hop onto my tank and wait 10 minutes or so. Odd.
    Options
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    And while I'm at it, change the bleeping cancel button away from B. I can't count the number of times I've been in a menu and hit B for back just as my queue pops thus canceling my queue.
    Options
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something's up. Either everyone is queueing as a healer now or.......????? I at times in the past week or so have sat in queue on my healer for 20 or more minutes before I give up. Hop onto my tank and wait 10 minutes or so. Odd.

Random or specific?
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, it sounds like it is working fine. Random queues tend to be shorter due to just pulling whoever is in that queue together. And the fact you get a geode from randoms means more people will queue for it compared to do a specific dungeon.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always quit the GF after 15 minutes and try again.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One tips then doing dungeons is to queue for multiple at once, pledge, dungeons you need quest for and dungeons you want gear from.
    You can mix normal and vet who is nice, typical two vet pledge and normal for dlc, vet queues is shorter and they are no issue for easier dungeons, normal for quest if you want the story please :)
    Another tricks is to queue for both normal and vet for the same dungeon if farming gear.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, it sounds like it is working fine. Random queues tend to be shorter due to just pulling whoever is in that queue together. And the fact you get a geode from randoms means more people will queue for it compared to do a specific dungeon.

So you are saying
    zaria wrote: »
    One tips then doing dungeons is to queue for multiple at once, pledge, dungeons you need quest for and dungeons you want gear from.
    You can mix normal and vet who is nice, typical two vet pledge and normal for dlc, vet queues is shorter and they are no issue for easier dungeons, normal for quest if you want the story please :)
    Another tricks is to queue for both normal and vet for the same dungeon if farming gear.

i didn't know you could. Thanks!
    Options