The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP population dogpile

Prince_of_all_Pugs
Prince_of_all_Pugs
✭✭✭✭✭
At the start of NA PC prime time today, there was a que of 150 to get into vivec (the last active PVP server). Wtf is going on?!?!?!? There is more than enough pop for the other servers to be active. It just seems that everyone wants to Zerg surf, but noone wants to admit it.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main campaigns are normally home to many big guilds, guild members generally don't want to play on another campaign when half their friends are already active in the main one that night.

At least that's always how it's been when I've noticed it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the start of NA PC prime time today, there was a que of 150 to get into vivec (the last active PVP server). Wtf is going on?!?!?!? There is more than enough pop for the other servers to be active. It just seems that everyone wants to Zerg surf, but noone wants to admit it.

Your complaining about to big of a que on PC while ps4 na vivec server is dead how ironic lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 11, 2017 12:46AM
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer that khajiit can give are quite obvious.

Of course this one might say that one should not be on the side that's so zergy. But that would be rude, and we already know that side just uses population exploits and faction alts to bypass the queue anyways.

Or this one might say that some folks should come fight for the side that'll lead to the most challenging fights. But then you'd also be on the side with the most bowtatoes. Plus all those faction alts who just exist to be farmed by the zerg faction.

So Telel must instead say. Meh. There never seems to be any friendly players on when this one is running.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna play with my friends! At least that's why I was one of those 75 when I queued up, which quickly grew to 1 of 140+. I waited an hour in queue, but boy, was it worth it for the fights!
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, its good having everyone playing on the same campaign it makes it more meaningful. I'd love for the population caps to start going back up again it's just a shame the servers could not handle it.
    Edited by Vilestride on November 11, 2017 5:25AM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had fun on Shor today. There is actually decent pop there now during primetime. More people should play on shor. What this game needs right now more than ever is a second populated campaign.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had fun on Shor today. There is actually decent pop there now during primetime. More people should play on shor. What this game needs right now more than ever is a second populated campaign.

Like back in the day when there was Wabba and then there was Dawnbreaker.

DB will live in our hearts forever.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Primetime pops in Shor are in a good place right now generally 2 bars across with the occasional 3. More than this and it’s just gonna turn into a 7 day Vivec. IMO, in light of the way the servers respond, ZOS needs to cap populations at what would now be 2 bars and then add campaigns as needed.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make NoCP campaign give you extra 25-50% of AP and see two populated campaigns :)
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEED to give more incentives to make players leave to play on other servers.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Primetime pops in Shor are in a good place right now generally 2 bars across with the occasional 3. More than this and it’s just gonna turn into a 7 day Vivec. IMO, in light of the way the servers respond, ZOS needs to cap populations at what would now be 2 bars and then add campaigns as needed.

The good thing about shor is the enemies are in groups no larger than 20 or so, so you're not forced into running a ball group meta. I wish players would spread out more in vivec - there needs to be some changes made to the game to promote spreading out and not just running around in groups of 50 or so.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on November 11, 2017 2:11PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEED to give more incentives to make players leave to play on other servers.

Shor should be doorless, randomized spawned camps you can rez at regardless of in range with an objective nearby with that objective only counting towards score, and lock the trip keeps so no faction can Zerg the late hours.

If it's completely different, but removes the headache of seeing a keep on low pop server, you'd see more pop. Especially for those of us wanting a mix of open cyro objective play with the availability of BGs fast rez.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 bars across most of prime time last night in Shor. I had audio loss once (at EP's last emp keep). Shor has it's issues, of course, but it's been shaping up.

I'd like to see ZOS use Shor to try out new ideas. Disable emp. Have different scoring/buff mechanics. Try something new like any of the numerous suggestions people have made.