The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hermes - Stamplar 1vX Build

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Movement is Key

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my new open world build for stamplar. The last build I posted here was a dw/2h setup that quickly became "meta" and thus boring to play, so with this one I decided to switch things up. I must say that currently performance wise there isn't much that can out-do bone pirate, ravager, and bloodspawn on a DW setup. However with that being said, there are some things that the DW meta setup lacks which this build excels in, and coming from a long time stamplar main who has played it all: This setup is WAY more fun to play. Lets get started with the sets.

Sets

Front bar: Nirnhoned VMA 2h (any works)

Back bar: 1x Impen Coward's gear shield - Stamina glyph 1x Infused Coward's gear sword - Weapon Damage glyph

Head: Heavy Impen Bloodspawn - Tri stat glyph

Shoulder: Heavy, Medium, or Light Impen Bloodspawn - Stamina glyph

Chest: Impen Bone Pirate - Tri stat glyph

Legs: Impen Bone Pirate - Tri stat glyph

Waist: Impen Bone Pirate - Stamina glyph

Gloves: Impen Bone Pirate - Stamina glyph

Boots: Impen Bone Pirate - Stamina glyph

Necklace: Robust Coward's Gear - Stamina Regen enchant

Ring: Robust Coward's Gear - Weapon damage enchant

Ring: Robust Coward's Gear - Weapon damage enchant

Skills

Front bar 2h: Executioner, Rally, Biting Jabs, Binding Javelin, Stampede, Dawnbreaker of Smiting

Back bar S&B: Shuffle, Resolving Vigor, Power of the Light, Extended Ritual, Restoring Focus, WW ulti

Consumables

Food: Dubious Cameron Throne

Potions: Tri-Pots OR Immovable, Stamina, Health

Poisons: Double-Dot Poisons on the 2H bar

Race - Redguard

Mundus - The Lover (Penetration)

Attributes - 64 Stamina

Setup Explanation

With this setup I was trying to create something that was highly mobile while maintaining strong burst and sustainability. ZoS has stated that the templar is more of a "Stand your ground" type of class that is supposed to maintain it's "House", however I've found that any medium armor class that does not utilize kiting tends to suffer in 1vX situations. Thus, I bring to you the agile brawler, Hermes. Cowards on the back bar allows this build to be extremely quick when engaging, disengaging, and retreating from battles. Having a gap closer front bar (something the meta 2h/DW setup suffers without) allows for high mobility on both bars, each with it's own situational purpose. Another pro this build has over the meta is the ability to run any potion - You are not pigeon holed into using the Stamina, speed, immovable pots. In my experience with medium armor stamplar, the main lacking component was magicka sustain for lots of purify's and runes while kiting. With a setup that does not require speed pots, we are able to run tri-pots, a consumable I feel REALLY shines on medium armor stamplars. Overall the setup has very solid burst, high mobility, great regen, and strong resistances for medium armor.

Options/Variations

There are a few things you can swap around on this setup depending on which enemies/scenarios you struggle with most. A vMA 2h axe will give the most single target pressure, a greatsword will give the best DPS against shield/light armor/weak med armor users, and a maul will give the best dps against tankier med users and heavy users. The targets I had the most trouble with killing were primarily heavy Stam-DKs, so a nirn maul might best compliment this setup overall. As for the monster set, there are three different variations that I use personally. The first is 2x Heavy impen bloodspawn. This variation has the best overall utility, because it gives us stam regen, ult regen, and resistances. Ult regen is VERY important when playing outnumbered, because you generally require ults to get kills in these scenarios. The next option is 2x heavy impen slimecraw. This set will give you the highest damage achievable with this build and definitely has it's uses, however personally I have found that bloodspawn gives more general utility when outnumbered. The final variation I play with is 1x medium or heavy impen pirate skele, 1x medium impen chudan. This combination will make you very tanky, providing almost the same resistances as a bloodspawn proc, 100% of the time. This setup allows for 6-7 medium to be used while maintaining strong resistances, resulting in the maximum achievable crit, regen, cost reduction, weapon damage, and sprint speed (an often looked over statistic, sprint speed is vital when kiting!). I encourage you to experiment with many different monster setups, you may find something that works even better for you than what I have listed here.

Champion Points
I am a firm believer in diminishing returns and thus spread my CP out as much as possible, while still obtaining every relevant passive. Feel free to reallocate based on your needs.

Red

The Steed

31 Ironclad, 22 Medium Armor Focus, 26 Resistant

The Lady

56 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 18 Thick Skinned

The Lord

11 Quick Recovery

Green

The Tower

34 Warlord, 35 Sprinter, 8 Bashing Focus

The Lover

64 Mooncalf, 19 Tenacity

The Shadow

37 Tumbling, 23 Shadow Ward

Blue

The Apprentice

11 Blessed

The Atronach

8 Physical Weapon Expert, 31 Master at Arms, 23 Shattering Blows

The Ritual

48 Thaumature, 13 Precise Strikes, 22 Piercing, 64 Mighty

Rotation and Playstyle

Your offensive rotation starts on your back bar. With this setup you ALWAYS want to start your offensive rotation with a back bar light attack (unless the situation allows for otherwise, such as execute range and or squishy targets). This procs your weapon damage enchant, and while infused you can keep near 100% uptime on essentially +600 weapon damage. So the actual rotation is LA->POTL->barswap->jabs, followed by either dawny, javelin, another set of jabs, or an execute (obviously each is situational). With over 6k Pen, 4k weapon damage, 37k stam, 40+% crit, and your 2h weapon passive, this rotation can hit very hard and is capable of taking down a wide range of targets. As for the playstyle, I've found this build best suited for open world kiting, constantly engaging and disengaging from the fight. It's very easy to line up burst with POTL, crit rush, jabs and dawny - use this to your advantage to enter and exit battles quickly, leaving single targets dead and splitting up groups between those rezzing and those chasing you around trees, rocks, keeps, etc. While you do have reasonably strong resistances, you are NOT in heavy armor and it is important to play the build as such. Always purify if you get hit by an incap, try to purify things like curses, revarb bashes, dawnbreakers, etc. Break lines of sight and drop a rune to quickly turn around and smack targets with a back bar light attack -> POTL, starting your offensive rotation with no time wasted. Also, don't be afraid to run from a battle if you're overwhelmed. With 5-7 medium pieces on, you can sprint very quickly on your back bar all while gaining major protection - It'll be difficult for enemies to catch up, and those that do will likely strain their resources in the process.

Clockwork City (Next Patch)

As someone pointed out in the comments, there are a few minor things to consider for next patch. I think that the build will likely function better as a 7 medium setup with 1x pirate skele, 1x Chudan, and an asylum 2h. We will retain a large amount of ulti regen without using bloodspawn, lose nothing over the vma 2h because the enchantment is garbage (next patch enchantments/poisons can be used in tandem with Master enchants), have 25k/28k front/back bar resistances in 7 med all the time, have the max crit possible, max sprint speed, and almost the same regen as running 5 med 2 heavy with bloodspawn.

Stats

Front bar 2h greatsword with 1x heavy bloodspawn, 1x medium bloodspawn. Tri-Pot and back bar enchant active, OUTSIDE of cyrodil. Back bar has 3k regen, 38k stamina, 2800 crit resist, and about 2k more resistances.

tmaMwZV.jpg
Edited by React on October 4, 2017 1:33AM
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    I really like this build mate. Couple questions

- Do you think it could work on an orc or an imperial?

- How will you adapt to maelstrom weapon changes?
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
    Options
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive always liked cowards on a stamplar. Great for sustain as well as kiting. You can use it to reposition quickly at will without having to use pots, which can allow you use lingering Hp or tri stat potions.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
    Options
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting choices.

Don't you feel like going spriggans instead of bone pirate is more beneficial? Mundus change to recovery or weapon damage assumed.

Myself I recently have become very impartial towards the healthy jewelry setups (ravager/seventh/you name it) with lava soup food. I suppose ravager/cowards/bloodspawn would be more than functional, both in heavy and medium and allow a 2h/bow scenario. Of course, it would require activation by jabs.

Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With a very similar bar setup, I'm currently enjoying ravager/cowards. Using 1 bloodspawn 1 pirate for monster sets since both the extra resist and resists seemed to outperform what I'd first tried (kraags)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucu wrote: »
    I really like this build mate. Couple questions

- Do you think it could work on an orc or an imperial?

- How will you adapt to maelstrom weapon changes?

Ideally redguard is the best choice due to the sustain and max stam. Orc would run faster, but since we aren't in heavy i feel that redguard is the best overall choice. Next patch this setup will work, however I will likely drop the vma 2h for a asylum 2h, thus allowing us to run 1x pirate 1x Chudan as our monster set with 7 medium while still retaining good ulti regen.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    I still dont get how you reach 3,9k weapon dmg. Do you have continuous attack in the photo?
    Edited by Alucu on October 3, 2017 11:35PM
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucu wrote: »
    I still dont get how you reach 3,9k weapon dmg. Do you have continuous attack in the photo?

Nirnhoned vma 2h, infused back bar weapon glyph proc. No continuous. The back bar proc while infused reads +452 in the tooltip, but that value is affected by brutality, medium armor passive, balanced warrior passives, etc. An infused glyph can be kept up 100% of the time if wanted, and I proc it before each burst while weaving LA->POTL. If continuos was active, I believe it would sit around d 4250 WD.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    No repentence? Son... I am dissappoint
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not needed with that 2k Regen I'm seeing. Better to slot an offensive/defensive spell since he has mobilty and Regen buffs on the " back burner".

Love these recent Templar build looking at mobilty first, stats second. You are all my monk children!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Not needed with that 2k Regen I'm seeing. Better to slot an offensive/defensive spell since he has mobilty and Regen buffs on the " back burner".

Love these recent Templar build looking at mobilty first, stats second. You are all my monk children!

I was referring less to the loss of the regen passives that are attached to that skill and more about the flat health and stam regained by consuming a dead players(works for guards and wolves too :smirk: )

I digress, I'm gonna try this build out for sure
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I was referring less to the loss of the regen passives that are attached to that skill and more about the flat health and stam regained by consuming a dead players(works for guards and wolves too :smirk: )

It's rock solid, I've played with him on both this and his DW set and they're both ace. I also run cowards back bar on my stam warden when I go solo open world since it allows me to kite exceptionally well. Cowards is very under-rated as a back bar set. It's gonna give you nice regen and in a medium setup sprint is super cheap, shuffle+sprint is cheaper than shuffle+roll and when you can proc your speed buff and get ~15% real damage mitigation from the major protection buff then you've turned that cheap sprint into a really efficient tool that allows you to manage your position in an uncompromising way, you still have dodge rolling but you're giving yourself another good form of defense.

It's not gonna brawl like a heavy build and if you're fighting outnumbered you really need to pick targets and get in and out with the quick burst, but since you can't be nailed down you shouldn't have an issue with it once you learn the play style.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

It's rock solid, I've played with him on both this and his DW set and they're both ace. I also run cowards back bar on my stam warden when I go solo open world since it allows me to kite exceptionally well. Cowards is very under-rated as a back bar set. It's gonna give you nice regen and in a medium setup sprint is super cheap, shuffle+sprint is cheaper than shuffle+roll and when you can proc your speed buff and get ~15% real damage mitigation from the major protection buff then you've turned that cheap sprint into a really efficient tool that allows you to manage your position in an uncompromising way, you still have dodge rolling but you're giving yourself another good form of defense.

It's not gonna brawl like a heavy build and if you're fighting outnumbered you really need to pick targets and get in and out with the quick burst, but since you can't be nailed down you shouldn't have an issue with it once you learn the play style.

Cowards can be adapted for magplars too. So really it's a solid set to run if you want to move around like road runner.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    I like the build

I need to get my hands on an asylum 2h :smirk:
    Options