Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Crafting Writs - Armor styles

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
After reading this sub section I have been trying the past couple of months to do writs. Mainly to try and build my bank account by doing the writs.

Alchemy and provisioning have been going well. Farm some flowers every few days and doing a better job of checking barrels. Two pretty much self sustaining skills.

Clothing I have given up on for my maxxed crafter. Can't keep up with the silk. Other two have been going well until recently. I notice my supply of armor styles are getting dangerously low. So I checked the guild traders and see they sell for 50+ each. Well on some of my lowbie crafters the writs ask for 6-9 products for the daily. That would pretty much take over half my profit of $600 for doing the writ.

Two of my crafters have the Hireling but that isn't keeping me in the surplus.

What am I missing ?
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just use the cheap ones from NPC trader that are 15 gold. You need to make 3 items/writ so that amounts to 45 gold which is negligible since you receive 600+ gold from handing in the writ. Also the style alliance races are dirt cheap at under 100 gold on guild stores.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...all the basic race style stones, including nickel for Imperial, are sold by the blacksmith/carpenter/tailor for 15g each - don't ever buy those from guild traders unless they are less than that.

Deconning gear can sometimes yield a style stone. Also, best place to loot these in game are from furniture/backpacks/urns. You can get quite a few just running through Hollow City. Or better yet, if you have Morrowind, you can loot the urns in the various tombs. I've been farming the tombs for furnishing plans and have about 500 or more of each of the basic race style stones.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I just use the cheap ones from NPC trader that are 15 gold. You need to make 3 items/writ so that amounts to 45 gold which is negligible since you receive 600+ gold from handing in the writ. Also the style alliance races are dirt cheap at under 100 gold on guild stores.

Thanks, I just noticed the NPC trader sold them for 15. That works.

... other than my main character who is maxxed in crafting, my other level 50s are lowest level crafter. Those writs you have to make between 5 and 9 items for each craft.

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »

Thanks, I just noticed the NPC trader sold them for 15. That works.

... other than my main character who is maxxed in crafting, my other level 50s are lowest level crafter. Those writs you have to make between 5 and 9 items for each craft.

It's not worth doing them since they only rarely give you gold tempers and never give you master writs. I only start doing writs on a char when it's fully trained so I can get those. Also I see that as a waste of time since each char takes 10 minutes, half of that time spent relogging. I really see no point in it. 4/6 skills you can level just by deconstructing junk, and the other 2 you can level in less than 30 minutes. It's pretty easy to make a crafter once you've hit 50 since it has enough skill points to fully spec into the crafting skills and a few basic combat ones.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No matter when you decide to start doing writs, if you ever do writs at all, getting started on researching traits as soon as possible is generally a good idea if you want to craft.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do it for the 600 cash and the chance for the extra supplies chance (i cant remember the name of the item)