The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skybox and Groundcover Options

Alchemical
Alchemical
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'd like to see options to toggle the skybox, weather, and possibly ground cover options in our homes. As instanced zones I don't think that would be a hard thing to implement. Sure, you'd lose the immersion of being able to seamlessly enter your house from the outside world (or vice versa) and have it more or less seem the same. But as long as it were an option, something we could turn on or off, I don't see what the harm in it would be.

Want to take pretty screenshots, but the rain/snow/ash is mucking them up? Turn it off! Want to admire some lanterns hung up in your garden, but it's daylight out? Just set it to night! Maybe instead of flowers in your garden you want to sear the earth and drop a deadric portal on top of it? Have an option to turn the grassy ground into a scorched hellscape!

My house looks really lovely at night, all lit up with the cherry blossom petals flitting down under the stars... but during the day time it just looks like a sad lump of mud. It's something that bothers me immensely, and while decorating other houses I've had similar gripes about the local weather or ground textures being particularly problematic.I spent a lot of money (and crowns) decorating my witches hut and making it into the perfect daedric shrine, but I wish there weren't so many flowers I CANNOT REMOVE because they are a part of the ground. It really ruins the mood of what I have going on here!

Anyone else bothered by things like this, or would like to see something similar?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can turn off the grass options in Setting at least, which might help with the non-furnishing flowers.
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can turn off the grass options in Setting at least, which might help with the non-furnishing flowers.

True, but I still feel like being able to change the ground textures in general would be nice, if people would rather have no grass. Especially with that surplus of 'burnt limbs' from the witches festival lying around, being able to have some burnt, or at least grassless ground would be nice.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 this, I've had an annoying time placing certain items so they both look nice, and don't have grass clipping through the floor. The best I've been able to do in some cases is to buy the big flat boulder in Eastmarch and put the thing I'm placing on top of that, but that's a clunkier solution than I like.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.