Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Transmuting Willpower Items to Nirnhoned

Reorx_Holybeard
Reorx_Holybeard
✭✭✭✭✭
Someone brought this up related to our Build Editor in that they couldn't find any Nirnhoned Willpower items. I checked the item data and as far as I can see there is no item data for Nirnhoned Willpower/Agility/Endurance traited items in the game itself.

I don't have any Transmute Crystals on Live so I can test it and I don't have any Willpower items on PTS to test it either. I'm curious in exactly what would happen if you tried to transmute a Willpower/... item to Nirnhoned. Would it just fail or would it give you an item that we don't have data of for some reason. If its the latter we can fix our item data collector to get the missing data.

Can anyone try testing this on Live/PTS and let me know the results. My guess is the devs forgot about these sets and their lack of existing Nirnhoned traits for them.
Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reorx_Holybeard

The devs also forgot to include these sets in the character templates on PTS. Maybe not a big issue. However, a process improvement item for ZOS on the next PTS cycle. ;) That said, the templates have come a long ways since the beginning of this year. Players like you and me that theorycraft and sandbox in PTS appreciate that.

Fortunately on the Live server I have a couple pieces of gear that can be transmuted for future build projects ... without the 100 transmute stones being lost for the sake of "experimentation". Please see screenshots below.

1. I do have a Greatsword of Agility that would be best put to use as you described in the OP. No issues transmuting the trait to Nirnhoned. You are probably already aware, but transmuting weapons and equipment does not use a trait stone in inventory or the craft bag. That might hurt the Nirncrux economy in the long term as more players become 9-trait crafters ... a discussion for a separate forums thread.

2. I also have a Gauntlets of Bahraha's Curse that needs to be transmuted to impenetrable. Again, you're likely aware, but Syvarra's Scales and Bahraha's Curse don't offer medium or heavy sturdy/impen in the Hew's Bane loot tables. But, as can be seen from the screenshots below, players can now transmute the traits on those extremely rare pieces just fine (for tanking or whatever build they have envisioned).

Success!

J3ZfwC6.png
    CGEpYws.png
    gYHuQj6.png
    I4b00lp.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 9, 2017 1:19AM
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reorx_Holybeard

The devs also forgot to include these sets in the character templates on PTS. Maybe not a big issue. However, a process improvement item for ZOS on the next PTS cycle. ;) That said, the templates have come a long ways since the beginning of this year. Players like you and me that theorycraft and sandbox in PTS appreciate that.

Fortunately on the Live server I have a couple pieces of gear that can be transmuted for future build projects ... without the 100 transmute stones being lost for the sake of "experimentation". Please see screenshots below.

1. I do have a Greatsword of Agility that would be best put to use as you described in the OP. No issues transmuting the trait to Nirnhoned. You are probably already aware, but transmuting weapons and equipment does not use a trait stone in inventory or the craft bag. That might hurt the Nirncrux economy in the long term as more players become 9-trait crafters ... a discussion for a separate forums thread.

2. I also have a Gauntlets of Bahraha's Curse that needs to be transmuted to impenetrable. Again, you're likely aware, but Syvarra's Scales and Bahraha's Curse don't offer medium or heavy sturdy/impen in the Hew's Bane loot tables. But, as can be seen from the screenshots below, players can now transmute the traits on those extremely rare pieces just fine (for tanking or whatever build they have envisioned).

Success!

Great, thanks! Could I get the item links for all these transmuted items to figure out what item data we're missing or exactly how it works?

I'm guessing it doesn't actually change the base item ID but inserts the trait index somewhere into the item link itself. This will require some work on our end to permit that to work.

Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any Willpower items on PTS to test it either
    Just spent 15 minutes in the IC sewers on the PTS and you should be able to get some Willpower items ...
    shades.gif
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you find the item ID, @Reorx_Holybeard?

Right-clicking does not seem to do the trick for me ... :|
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you find the item ID, @Reorx_Holybeard?

Right-clicking does not seem to do the trick for me ... :|

I have an addon that helps copy the item link to the clipboard (though I think you can select and CTRL+C in the chat text input) as well as show the item data (our uespLog add-on).

But I've figured it out anyways by transmuting another item on PTS. They are using a field in the item link to indicate the new transmuted trait. For example:
    Original   = |H0:item:123262:363:50:0:0:0: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:50:0:0:0:10000:0|h|h
    Transmuted = |H0:item:123262:363:50:0:0:0:18:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:50:0:1:0:10000:0|h|h

Here 18 is the new trait of the item (Armor Divines in this case) which matches the known trait value for divines.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC