The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is the new vanity pet limited to Xbox Gold members only?

auronessb16_ESO
auronessb16_ESO
✭✭✭
My husband and I share the Xbox. He has the Gold account and access to base game of ESO. On my account, I do not have a Gold account and I have ESO with DLC and Morrowind, since the additional things are tied to my ESO account and not his. My husband can get the vanity pet, but I cannot. Will there be an option on the future for non-Gold members who play the game to get the brassilisk?
  • DustyNinjaXyZzY
    DustyNinjaXyZzY
    Soul Shriven
    My husband and I share the Xbox. He has the Gold account and access to base game of ESO. On my account, I do not have a Gold account and I have ESO with DLC and Morrowind, since the additional things are tied to my ESO account and not his. My husband can get the vanity pet, but I cannot. Will there be an option on the future for non-Gold members who play the game to get the brassilisk?

Its a pain. I spent the $40 to upgrade to morrowind version on this account and I have a subscription on this account but this is not my Gold account so I cant have it. This is nasty business since they did not state only Gold get the pet.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey you can use a gold pass. One of those trial offer cards
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf I used my free trial period to get ESO when it was on sale last year. If I try to sign up again, I'll be dinged the $10 or whatever they are charging now. We buy very few games for the Xbox and when we do they are digital, so there are no free trial cards laying around, I am not going to buy a new game that I will never play just to get a free trial card so I can get a free pet.

Either of those two methods may work for others, but not for me. Thanks for the info though, I hope others can use it.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite the fact I think Zo$ passes the blame on Microsoft/Sony too quickly and recklessly in most cases in my opinion....I do not believe this is an instance where they are to blame in the least. Microsoft made that call.

Nor really, do I blame Microsoft. It's their call to treat their customers however they want.

Its a pet, I am not going to lose sleep over it unless the pet is Megan Fox or something like that. :D

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    Despite the fact I think Zo$ passes the blame on Microsoft/Sony too quickly and recklessly in most cases in my opinion....I do not believe this is an instance where they are to blame in the least. Microsoft made that call.

Nor really, do I blame Microsoft. It's their call to treat their customers however they want.

Its a pet, I am not going to lose sleep over it unless the pet is Megan Fox or something like that. :D

I've never seen any special giveaways on Xbox that weren't for gold members
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty obvious that Sony and Microsoft wanted extra traffic in their stores, and they wanted to push the "differences" in the platforms. I've gotten used to the platform exclusives for many games, which usually are just cosmetic things anyway. From their point of view, more accounts with Gold or Premium or whatever they call it, means more people who can buy things.

My problem is the original announcement did not mention needing to be a premium member to get the pet. "All" has a very specific meaning, and it doesn't mean "only certain people". I find it hard to believe that the ZOS people in charge didn't know there would be restrictions, and if they did, I think they underestimated the number of people who share consoles.

I do feel sorry for the person who made the original post and the people who monitor the twitter accounts. They didn't know what was going wrong any more than we did.

I am still upset with Microsoft not allowing discounts for multi-month purchase of ESO Plus. Sony gets a discount when you buy 3, 6, and 12 month passes, but Microsoft make you pay the same no matter how many months you purchase.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty obvious that Sony and Microsoft wanted extra traffic in their stores, and they wanted to push the "differences" in the platforms. I've gotten used to the platform exclusives for many games, which usually are just cosmetic things anyway. From their point of view, more accounts with Gold or Premium or whatever they call it, means more people who can buy things.

My problem is the original announcement did not mention needing to be a premium member to get the pet. "All" has a very specific meaning, and it doesn't mean "only certain people". I find it hard to believe that the ZOS people in charge didn't know there would be restrictions, and if they did, I think they underestimated the number of people who share consoles.

I do feel sorry for the person who made the original post and the people who monitor the twitter accounts. They didn't know what was going wrong any more than we did.

I am still upset with Microsoft not allowing discounts for multi-month purchase of ESO Plus. Sony gets a discount when you buy 3, 6, and 12 month passes, but Microsoft make you pay the same no matter how many months you purchase.

You need xbox live gold to play the game....just because that service can be shared doesn't exclude the typical requirement. This is a case where ZOS doesn't need to clarify further as those under friends and family benefits are already benefiting.

And....its a pet....not exclusive DLC or something gameplay oriented.
    But people often offer gold passes if you just ask which is why I made that suggestion above. Its a simple as posting on Xbox Live amongst your friends list or a club.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't even find it in the Xbox store... did I miss it? Was I too late?