Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ZOS Catering to BOTS with **** RNG

Vizier
Vizier
✭✭✭✭✭
We've all noticed it for the longest time now. The RNG on acquiring gold mats has been turned WAY DOWN.

Common experience now is gathering 1400 raw mats and 3 golds or less. Gone are the days of getting 1 -2 per 100. Is it even worth refining anymore?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was refining large amounts of mats pre-HotR, I was getting approx. 1 gold temper per 200 raw mats on PC/NA.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed getting any less
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are hitting a bad patch with RNG. I have not noticed a difference, as I have been playing for three years and am an avid farmer. The drop rate for refining my raw mats is all over the place, some weeks good, some weeks bad. Only once in awhile do I ever get 1 per 100.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I almost always get 7-8 per 2000. Been like this since Homestead. Feels low to me.

Edit: Whenever I get more than that and I happen to get lucky its always with wax and never for the more expensive tempers which is disappointing.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on November 7, 2017 3:57AM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't noticed too much of a change for tempers; I've refined a hundred and gotten 1, I've refined 23 and ended up with 2 gold. Refining rng gremlins don't hate me too much.

Now the nirncrux gremlins in Craglorn....they hate me. I've gotten 0 after 2 hours on many, many days. The day I found a potent and fortified nirn in the same node, I stopped at the local store and bought a lottery ticket, just in case.
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bots are awesome... wish I could have one on Xbox
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bots are awesome... wish I could have one on Xbox

You can! I'm not exactly sure how but I see them all the time outside of Bearclaw mine delve in Stormhaven and also west of Sentinel killing mudcrabs. Have reported many times and yet more keep coming back with different gamertags.
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    I always get about 1 per 100 mats refined.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't gotten 1 per 100 in months. More like 1 per 300. Last round was 3 for 1400... Sad
    Edited by Vizier on November 9, 2017 2:02AM
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say refining at home seems to really increase the drop rate. When refining in a city I am all over the place, at home I am at 1 per 150-200, you can set your watch by the results. Its worth the WV to get stations in your house. This has been my experience, YMMV.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say refining at home seems to really increase the drop rate. When refining in a city I am all over the place, at home I am at 1 per 150-200, you can set your watch by the results. Its worth the WV to get stations in your house. This has been my experience, YMMV.

I mean, I'm willing to try anything. Will do it at my house next time.