The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request: Bonemold dye please for the love of ALMSIVI

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
With the release of morrowind I was excited to finally get my hands on bonemold armor, only to find out that all house armor was in metallic variants instead of in bonemold, dunmer's iconic armor material... I've tried every yellow dye combination possible and they all come out making the armor looking shiny and metallic gold and the closest to getting to it is the new collossal brass trial dye on the scarlet judge outfit that is redoran medium armor but mettalic color isn't what I'm looking for

https://m.imgur.com/Hc7NyQI

screenshot borrowed from @paulimonps

So please Zos consider adding a bonemold dye we can use on our house hlaalu, redoran and telvanni motif (and scarlet judge outfit) that makes the armor not shine like metallic gold but look like actual dunmer bonemold armor. @zos_ginabruno
Edited by Aliyavana on July 22, 2017 10:08PM
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try dominion yellow (or one of the ones near it, not 100% sure which one just around there when sorted by hue) its pretty good for bonemold on Redoran heavy armor.

Also, the Telvanni armor would more likely be chitin than bonemold.
    Edited by Tyrobag on July 22, 2017 10:47PM
  • Tarum
    Tarum
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is necromancy, but for the love of Vivec, Almelexia and Sotha Sil please do that.
    It's not only a fact of color / material, the very details itself on the House armors is too decorated and not Bonemold enough.
    I think there's no need to use a picture for it, just type Bonemold on google, both Morrowind and Dragonborn (Skyrim) variants have a good texture.

EDIT:
    Something like the Xivkyn armour that was made to save the bad Daedric design could work very good.
    You could make an "Ancient Bonemold" Motif that resemble real bonemold, with no intricate details at all.
    I know that in the end we craft the "metal" version of it, using Ingots made of iron, steel, dwarven (lol), voidsteel etc,
    but I see that that is no longer a design limit as Mazzatun, Bosmer, Argonian and some new other heavy armor does not look metallic.
    lnx3wp2qtzba.png
    For the love of Dagoth Ur.
    Edited by Tarum on November 7, 2017 6:31PM
    Some of my sculpts (the ones i'm allowed to share, not under copyright)
    andreatarabella.blogspot.com.es/
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any yellow dye makes the armor look too metallic sadly, an dye made esp for that would be nice.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bonemold please. Please!
  • Tarum
    Tarum
    ✭✭✭
    Bonemold please. Please!

Just reading at your signature made me want to create a Telvanni Wizard in Bonemold armor, with a cephalopod helmet dyed in violet :(
    Is there something like that, even similiar?
    Some of my sculpts (the ones i'm allowed to share, not under copyright)
    andreatarabella.blogspot.com.es/
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tarum wrote: »
    Bonemold please. Please!

Just reading at your signature made me want to create a Telvanni Wizard in Bonemold armor, with a cephalopod helmet dyed in violet :(
    Is there something like that, even similiar?

I Imagine that perhaps Hlaalu style helmet could resemble a cephalopod helmet. The main problem is still the lack of a dye wich would give the House armors a bonemold look.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be nice that's for sure.

I spent ages on my Ashlander trying to find something to dye the bone segments of the armour and in the end just went with an "off-white" as the best I could do.

The game does need a lot more matte dye types.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."