The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A question about DLC dungeons and their boss mechanics.

Ankael07
Ankael07
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I would like to explore these dungeons in the normal version, slowly and by myself. Do they have any mechanics that would require at least 2 players get pass? I know some Cradle of Shadows bosses have such co-op mechanics.
If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.

Best Answer

• Seleval
    Seleval
    ✭✭✭
    One Boss is Cradles pins you on the ground and you would need a team member to bash him indeed

In White Gold Tower, the first Boss puts you in a Cage, and if you are alone, she resets herself.

Ruins of Mazzatun has Xal-Nur, who becomes invulnerable at some point, and you need to carry some green liquid to a water-spring. It also will drain all your Stamina, and everything will be attacking you.
    Last boss in RoM has the statues, and you need a team member to show you which Statue it is.

In Imperial City, there are levers, some of them need to be pulled at the same time.

Bloodroot etc, dunno, havent been there much.

If you want, I can go exploring with you, if you are on PC/EU. :´D
    PC/EU
    Answer ✓
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruins of Mazzatun

The Xal-Nur fight definitely requires a healer and 1 person to collect his poison (spice) and run it to a geyser to purify it. Xal-Nur is invincible and charges you while hold the spice. The longer you carry the spice, the slower you get.
    The Tree-Minder Ka-Nesh fight requires someone to mark/destroy statues and totems

White-Gold Tower

The Adjudicator boss can throw you in a cage where you will burn while you're trying to unlock the door to get out.

The Planar Inhibitor boss requires the tank to grab a pinion in the beginning of the fight and have a team mate grab it when the flames under the boss turn from orange to blue. The blue flame will wipe whoever it touches and after kills a player, it fixates on to the next player etc etc. When she is fixated on you when she's blue, you become increasingly slower as time goes on and she eventually gets you with her flames. Plus you have portals you have to destroy and if you don't, you'll have a room full adds wiping everyone

Imperial City Prison

Ibomez the Flesh Sculptor will turn invincible and summons zombies who walk towards the middle of the map to an area filled with poison. You have to throw these poison pod/grenades at the incoming zombies. The zombies come from every direction...too many to kill by yourself. If they reach the poison pond, they turn to flesh atronachs .

To get to the last boss, you need to throw switches and it requires two people to accomplish this.
    Edited by AbysmalGhul on November 8, 2017 6:02AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of these can be worked around. Check out some videos of people soloing vet DLC dungeons, I know @Vaoh has some good ones.

For example, Planar Inhibitor can be kited through blue fire phase with streak or a charge ability (if adds are up). The boss in CoS can be made to pin a summoned pet instead of you.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    I would like to explore these dungeons in the normal version, slowly and by myself. Do they have any mechanics that would require at least 2 players get pass? I know some Cradle of Shadows bosses have such co-op mechanics.

Most of them do. It's likely not going to work.
  • Seleval
    Seleval
    ✭✭✭
    Most of these can be worked around. Check out some videos of people soloing vet DLC dungeons, I know @Vaoh has some good ones.

For example, Planar Inhibitor can be kited through blue fire phase with streak or a charge ability (if adds are up).

Yeah, the planar inhibitor can be worked around, true

The first boss can be worked around too, if you kill her fast enough, if thats not the case, she resets with putting you into the cage.

as far as i know

PC/EU