The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Issues with the Mac client

barrrt
barrrt
✭✭✭
Does anyone else have issues with the Mac client “crashing” in the last few days? Since Wed (10/25) I’ve had 3-4 “crashes” each day. Usually during combat, but once just standing around in Belkarth looking at my skills debating some morphs, and once… at the ESO log in screen (got called away while typing in password, did not realize it was incorrect, came back 2-3 minutes later, pressed Alt, started typing password again, and it froze after the first character).

So, why “crashed” and not crashed?

It’s… weird… the game freezes, a second or two later the entire iMac freezes for 4-5 seconds, then kicks me back to the macOS login screen (does not reboot). After logging back in, all programs I had open restart, including the launcher, but not the eso executable. But… eso is still running (I can hear music / sound effects), although eso is gone from the dock and the Force Quit Applications window. I have to go to Activity Monitor and kill it there before restarting the game.

So far, all crashes have been while eso is running and has focus. I work from home, so my iMac is on from early morning to late at night, and it has been stable while eso is not running.
EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    Also on iMac here. No crashes so far.
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - can someone at ZOS help me open a ticket related to this? On the support web site, I can get to the point where I fill out the id/error code/description, but.... there is no SEND button (or any other way to actually send the ticket that I can see). Tried on both Safari and Chrome (on macOS), disabled all ad blocking, etc.

Here's my ticket's content (it was too long to paste into in game /bug screen):

---
    After the 10/25 patch, my game started crashing few times a day. Once it crashed as early as the ESO login screen (it has been on for 1-2 minutes, while I was called away), but usually during gameplay (it can be anywhere from 30 minutes into a session to 3 hours into a session, and doing anything - in combat, or while examining my skills pondering morphs, and today when exiting a delve). The crash is to macOS login screen (no reboot), and I can log back in without problems, then all apps I had open restart, including the launcher, but not the ESO window (I play in windowed mode). In some, but not all cases, ESO executable is still running in the background (I can hear audio, but there is no eso game window, and the process is in Activity Monitor, but not on the dock, or in Force Quit window). When looking through the Console application after today's crash, I found the following:

12:32:12.124470 -0400 eso com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.ioacceleratorfamily.gpu_hang
    com.apple.message.responsible: true
    com.apple.message.application_identifier: com.zenimaxonline.eso
    com.apple.message.application_version: 1.0.0
    com.apple.message.device_name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M
    SenderMachUUID: EE8DFD57-EA47-355E-A43D-4360F92EBE0D

I have both the crash report and the system report, but when I try to attach them (in a zip file) to this ticket, the web site is telling me "The file could not be uploaded. Only the following file types are allowed:" (without specifying what can be uploaded). If you reach out to me via email, I'd be happy to send those.

I have not had any issues (crashes or otherwise) during the last few days when eso is not running.
    ---

EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
  • Kettleone
    Kettleone
    ✭✭
    I have the same issue on my iMac since the patch you mentioned. Incredibly annoying and it happens quite often. Sometimes it fixes itself and I can still play (very rare) but it typically requires my needing to restart my computer completely. It always worked fine before the last patch.

Did you hear anything back from ESO?
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    No, not a word... I finally opened an in game /BUG referring this thread, but no response whatsoever to either this thread or the bug report.

:-(

• curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet another mac user here having the same issue. In addition - sometimes even after restarting my computer, just starting the launcher again will cause the same crash again. Other times, I play for a while with no issues, log out of the game with no problem, come back later, fire up launcher and crash happens again. The only thing that seems to (temporarily) fix this is running a Repair on the client.

This is a serious problem - it's bad enough when the game crashes, but causing the whole computer to crash is a whole new level of bad. Please please please get this fixed!

@ZOS_BillE (who seems to be the only support guy around these days) please get this thread in front of the right people's eyes.
    Edited by curlyqloub14_ESO on November 3, 2017 11:51PM
  • nicotee
    nicotee
    ✭✭
    Hello

I am having the same problem. My computer has frozen and crashed 4 or 5 times since the last big patch while playing ESO. Everything freezes, and I get booted back to the MacOS login screen. The ESO music continues to play in the background, but the game doesn't show up through 'force quit' and I end up having to restart my computer. A few times it happened while questing and twice while using the guild store at a banker in the middle of putting something up for sale.

I've had no other issues with my computer crashing, and I also work from home and use the same computer for work every day. My iMac works like a dream other than crashing while playing eso since the last big patch. Please advise! I'm hesitating about playing much until fixed--the whole computer crashing thing is a bit worrisome.

Thanks.
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    FYI: when that happens you can still quit eso, then start the game again without rebooting. Just log in normally, wait for everything to load, the open Activity Monitor. On the CPU tab find "eso" under process name, then use the first icon on the tool bar (Force a process to quit). Once done, the game can be run again.

Aside from that... still haven't heard anything from anyone at ZOS. Had multiple crashes yesterday in Cyrodiil, and today when browsing merchant's inventory after turning in master writs.

• Bird298
    Bird298
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same problem. Seems to be getting worse in that today (Monday 6th) I'm booted out to the MacOS log-in screen while trying to load the game.
  • Kettleone
    Kettleone
    ✭✭
    Still having the same issues, and today there's a new one.. Every time it rains it turns into a rainbow mess. I didn't change any settings and can't figure out how to fix it. When I change graphic settings and reload UI, the game gets stuck on the loading screen. Every. Time. No addons are enabled. Seems like every update keeps screwing it up more and more for me :neutral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7BXrc5ji2k