The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Plus should have actual benefits aligned as a subscription length?

NewBlacksmurf
NewBlacksmurf
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In the main pinned discussion on improvements to ESO Plus I thought to suggest that the benefits offer more value to subscribers based on the length of an active subscription. I’m curious if you agree that an added benefit to the length would be of interest.

In that suggestion, I also think non-subscriber who purchase eso plus once and stop or crown purchase only customers could find some access to paid features currently locked under eso plus.

Comment link: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4597150/#Comment_4597150

I know some subscribers feel offering some of the current benefits outside of a subscription would devalue their subscription, therefore it seems obvious that the current model is of little value. If ZOS were to continually reward customers who subscribe and remain under a subscription longer, it should make way for a lesser version of some benefits to be purchased outright.

This incentive would create a decision to subscribe for value, as well as offer non-subscribers value in order to allow more customer types to spend money in different ways.

This came about as I’ve noticed I’ve spent 200% less this year than prior years due to annual changes. If not for Morrowind, I wouldnt have spent $60 this year so that can’t be good for revenue when I spent $120-$250/year prior. Now I’m not suggesting anyone should need to spend that, but if they are willing to, whether it’s a subscription or non-subscription, there are opportunities to establish value for each paying customer.
Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 26, 2017 1:57PM
-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501

ESO Plus should have actual benefits aligned as a subscription length? 26 votes

Yes, this suggestion wouldn’t devalue a subscription
57%
MojmirNewBlacksmurfRawkanMetamonEasily_LostJaybe_MawfakaKrainor1974DrazkythShinshadowStrawberryKitsuneInsanepirate01Zhaedri6lackzeu5Electrone_MagnusPrayingSeraph 15 votes
Yes, but this suggestion still devalues a subscription
7%
RABIDxWOLVERINEeirinnpryderi 2 votes
No, this suggestion still devalues a subscription
19%
ElsonsoMenegrothJim_PippWhiteNoiseMakerPwoo 5 votes
No, there are other reasons not mentioned
15%
Kahinanetch_a_sketchAlienatedGoatTrepis26 4 votes
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    They tried a subscriber loyalty reward system early on and it didn't go down too well at all. Suddenly people who had been subscribed for x amount of months got rewards, and people who had just subscribed found it unfair that they'd have to subscribe for ages to get that reward that they wanted.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this suggestion still devalues a subscription
    Accidentally selected the wrong "No" option.

ESO Plus is already complicated and is the frequent source of questions. Just keep it simple. You subscribe, you get benefits A, B, C. You don't subscribe, you don't. Just the way it is today.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you need to give us more information on what exactly you're suggesting.

Do you mean something like in the first month you only get a 1% increase in gold, XP, reduced crafting time etc. and then 2% the next month, 3% the next month etc.

Or are you thinking more like in the first month you only get 10% extra XP, in the 2nd month you get 10% XP and gold, 3rd month you get that plus the craft bag, 4th month you get all that plus you can dye outfits...and so on.

Because there's a big difference between those two systems but at the moment your post could be interpreted either way.

(Also what would happen if you subscribed for say, 10 months, then stopped for a month, then carried on? Would you start over from the beginning? What if you only stopped for 1 day?)
    Edited by Danikat on November 1, 2017 11:19PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but this suggestion still devalues a subscription
    ***, I meant to select the top choice. Damn touch screens... I like this idea. They never should have went away from the eso plus rewards like that badass tiger mount.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I think you need to give us more information on what exactly you're suggesting.

Do you mean something like in the first month you only get a 1% increase in gold, XP, reduced crafting time etc. and then 2% the next month, 3% the next month etc.

Or are you thinking more like in the first month you only get 10% extra XP, in the 2nd month you get 10% XP and gold, 3rd month you get that plus the craft bag, 4th month you get all that plus you can dye outfits...and so on.

Because there's a big difference between those two systems but at the moment your post could be interpreted either way.

(Also what would happen if you subscribed for say, 10 months, then stopped for a month, then carried on? Would you start over from the beginning? What if you only stopped for 1 day?)

@Danikat did you click the link?
    Its detailed there and this isn't an ongoing thing. It starts with what exists now and after 30 days and 60 days it gets better. The point is to offer a reward for actual subscribers and keep benefits for ESO Plus buyers who aren't subscribers.
    The ESO Plus buyers aren't loosing anything but I do suggest new offerings for crown buyers as they are similar to eso plus buyers who are non subscribers. One console there are legitimate reasons why people can't, wont or don't buy eso plus but who do buy crowns so being that they pay the same or more, they should have some offerings too but not the same as 30-60 day subscribers.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 2, 2017 12:14AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Loyalty Rewards" are an industry standard. Rift, Archeage, FFXIV, WoW, and im sure many others offer some kind of reward system.

meh at least I still have my striped senche
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    No. Your purchases last year make your purchases this year no more valuable for game longevity than anyone elses.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahina wrote: »
    No. Your purchases last year make your purchases this year no more valuable for game longevity than anyone elses.

Sorry if unclear, but this has nothing to do with prior year purchase of eso Plus or crowns. This would only apply going forward
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if unclear, but this has nothing to do with prior year purchase of eso Plus or crowns. This would only apply going forward

Color me crazy if prior purchases of ESO+ subscription have nothing to do with ESO+ subscription time length.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahina wrote: »

Color me crazy if prior purchases of ESO+ subscription have nothing to do with ESO+ subscription time length.

Your not crazy
    Any new change seemingly would consider current subscribers but there had to be a start date so when I️ commented that last year had nothing to do with this suggestion, it should be understood in context to a start date for the ideas above.
    Last year wouldn’t count and also consider that one Xbox one we only buy in 30 day timeframes.

On PC we can grab 3-6 or longer months at a time so I’m those active subscriptions, sure from whatever start date, those would apply

Secondly the non subscriber who buys crowns at X amount set, those ideas would apply to them on said start date