Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Why does no one use shalk for magdk?

WhoThenNow7
WhoThenNow7
✭✭✭
Just curious, seems like a heavy armor aimed for ultimate Regen dks. Why does no one use it?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gives the same buff as Heroic Slash, so they cannot stack.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^

Some one uses it, but yes. There are a lot of sets that give players a buff that is easily gained elsewhere. Some are fine for sub optimal builds players do for fun, but that set is probably does not even fit into that category.
    Options
  • NegativeVibes
    NegativeVibes
    ✭✭✭

why would a magicka dk use an ability that scales off of stamina?
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@NegativeVibes

The set was a decent set for a siphoning tank build tanking dungeons. It is a type of tank that is capable of doing decent damage. Granted, even with that use in mind it was not a great set.

A tank would use S&B skills that scale off stamina even if they were a magicka based tank.

This is what was behind his/her reply. Any other use would be even less beneficial but each to their own.
    Edited by idk on November 6, 2017 5:38AM
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not for the damage. It gives a good snare, reduces enemy damage, and generates ulti. Heavy armor is also more of a hybrid setup than light armor, and most tanky builds use a mix of stam and mag skills.

That being said, I was assuming a tanky build using sword and shield. If we're talking about a more burst oriented magDK with an inferno staff and a set like burning spellweave then shalk may be a good option. I'm just saying that the redundancy of named buffs is the #1 reason shalk is not used in ulti builds.
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried it for a few when 1T came out used it for about a week before I trashed it. I felt weak ult was not up enough and when I did drop ult didn’t hit very hard I tried a bunch of combos to make this set work. In the end I always go back to my same set up
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, seems like a heavy armor aimed for ultimate Regen dks. Why does no one use it?

On the magicka side, before mDK had a good leap, ult regen builds were common. Now if you build for ult regen, you have lots of ult... but no damage. Plus most mag DKs (at least on PC NC) have switched to light armor, and Shalk only comes in healthy jewelery.

On the stam side, WW Hide generates 50% more ult than Shalk plus the Asylum 2H is... extremely strong.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ve tried out Shalk on magicka Warden in PvP. Shalk+Dragon+Bloodspawn + master resto on backbar. The setup is nice for supporting your group without the need to run up to your enemy and use heroic slash. It´s a funny build where I can more or less spam the Tree-ultimate once every 10-12 second. In some pressured fights (where I proc major heroism from the warden shield) I´ve had 80-90% uptime on my tree-ultimate xD
    Options