The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] A NPC Knockback Too Far

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
Sometimes when a NPC wielding a two-handed greatsword, maul, or battleaxe strikes a player's character, the PC is not just knocked-back supine, but sent flying a very, very long distance through the walls of dungeons and ruins. Often the PC is shown falling through empty space. Whether and where the PC will land is unpredictable. (Ordinarily, I do not engage in PvP, so I don't know whether the same outcome is possible in that context.)

Ordinarily, the PC will end-up outside a delve or dungeon in a "non-existent" place. Typically, the displayed terrain consists of surfaces that are inclined, horizontal, and/or vertical solid, opaque planes. Some planes may be populated with solid geometric objects such as cubes, pyramids, or spheres. Occasionally, a horizontal plane has one or more NPCs positioned on it, but the NPCs neither move nor attack. The PC cannot move to their location, and cannot attack them from where the PC is located.

In my experience, entering the /stuck command has been ignored. When I sought to "teleport" to the nearest wayshrine, the software would not display the main Map (the local map is either blank or its content is scrambled). If the player is lucky, then they can use the <F1> key-bind to access Help, select the Customer Support icon, then choose the Character Stuck feature. Unfortunately, sometimes the player cannot access that feature. When it is accessible, it can also fail to relocate the character to a wayshrine.

If the player is extra lucky, the hyper knockback will land the PC in another part of the delve, dungeon, or ruin, and the player can continue playing the game. The most unbelievable thing about that outcome is that the NPCs which the PC was fighting move through the structure to find the PC. However, if the PC waits until they arrive, or moves to encounter them, and attacks or counterattacks them, then most, if not all, of the NPCs flee to the location where they originally fought the PC.

This type of excitement is not the kind that motivates me to play TESO. It is only a matter of time before this outrageous bug renders the player unable to continue playing TESO with that character, and perhaps not with any other instead. What is ZOS gonna do then, after doing everything they can to make contacting a human employee of the company impossible -- one who may or may not be able to do anything to restore the player to the position which they had??

I don't about you, but it certainly seems to me that the flood of new players who arrived after One Tamriel was introduced as been steadily receding since the first week of August. And I believe that we all know why that could be so, don't we?

Edited by Shadowshire on October 30, 2017 8:20PM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    I have had this problem when running around collecting Plunder Skulls IE not in PVP.

I thought it was related to use of the Ultimate Dragonknight Standard.
    It seemed to stop when I switched to a different Ultimate power.

I ended up 'flying through the delve' and beyond. Most of the time I got killed by the fall damage or arrived back at the start of the delve I was in.

Very irritating

Malborn66
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    The last update should have fixed this. I had no flying away since then.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I will switch back to using Dragon Knight Standard and see whether it still happens.
    Thanks

Malborn66
    PC-EU
    9 Characters
    CP703