The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Player-built Provisioning Station fireplace?

agegarton
agegarton
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey everyone. I’m looking for ideas. In the absence of an oven or something better, I want to attempt to build a fireplace for the existing provisioning station. The station will still need to function, but I’d like it to look like it wasn’t just plonked on the floor.

For reference, I’m going to be building in Daggerfall Overlook. I can craft most items.

Anyone done this already - anyone have a great ideas?
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think that it will still work if you place it in a fireplace you've built yourself. Can't see any reason why it shouldn't.

If you can craft stone blocks, all well and good. That is all you need for a fireplace.

I build my fireplaces with stone slabs (Crown Store Construction section, in the blocks section. They are very cheap).

I make a layer of the flatter ones (can't remember the name, but they are the ones right at the bottom of that section) sunk into the floor to form a hearth, and then side uprights using the normal light stone blocks, and a layer of the flatter ones on top of those to form the mantlepiece.

If the wall behind the fireplace is anything but stone, I sink the flatter blocks into the wall to make the back of the fireplace.

If you are doing this in Daggerfall you may want to make an extra large fireplace to keep it in proportion with the huge rooms. Just use more blocks.

Then all you have to do is place your provisioning station on the hearth.

If you like, I'll test the functionality in one of my houses later today when I'm online, and report back here.

Edit: Just tried it in my large fireplace in Daggerfall, and yes it does work but takes a bit of fiddling.

Basically it has to sit flat in contact with the surface of the hearth (as when the placing indicator goes green), and the hearth has to be big enough so that the provisioning station doesn't touch the back or sides. I couldn't get it to work in the smaller fireplace in the same room. Whatever surface you place it on, it's all about the bottom going green around the edges when it's in the right position. Sorry, that doesn't sound very technical, but if you are a home decorator you'll know what I mean. :)
    Edited by Aurie on October 29, 2017 12:03PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also. all the basic building blocks are available from furnishing vendors, is starting areas, as well as in a few other places. they are 100 gold each so if you would rather save your crowns for something crown exclusive - you can buy fast majority of things for cheap and without needing any achievements.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/furnishings-vendor/#tab-tab-133488-0-0-0-133488-4 at the top of the page, select home goods to see which vendors sell which blocks.

dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    also. all the basic building blocks are available from furnishing vendors, is starting areas, as well as in a few other places. they are 100 gold each so if you would rather save your crowns for something crown exclusive - you can buy fast majority of things for cheap and without needing any achievements.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/furnishings-vendor/#tab-tab-133488-0-0-0-133488-4 at the top of the page, select home goods to see which vendors sell which blocks.

That's good to know :)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used five of the statue base, square to make a rather huge fireplace to house my provisioning station in Velothi Reverie. It's rather imposing in the side room where I have my kitchen, but I also think it looks pretty good and the stone matches rather well.

I used one base, turned upside down and with collision on, just the very bottom of the base is above the floor, providing a nice low base for the fireplace. I then put the provisioning station on it and adjusted how far the base protruded from the wall so that it didn't stick out any further than it needed to. Then, I put two bases on each side of the station (turned on their sides) as close as I could and still be able to use the station. Then, I put one of the bases on top of one of the sides and then adjusted the height of the sides down as far as I could while keeping the station usable. Then another base went on the other side of the fireplace, intersecting with the first one.

I think it looks pretty good, and is still usable, BUT in order to place it so that it didn't stick out too far into the room, my character actually stands in the fireplace while she's cooking. :D
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 31, 2017 6:32PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, This is what I did in my Linchal Manor.
    It seems to work out pretty well.

rotuu8s766j4.png
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? With the addition of the Clockwork Provisioning Station, I believe new opportunities have been opened up in terms of making stoves or ovens. So I would suggest to start with that as your base and then simply build around it.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on November 1, 2017 6:30AM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I must admit, I moved away from the idea of building a fireplace when I saw the Clockwork City provisioning station. Using tips here and on the other forum post, there are clearly some good ways to creat a fireplace, but they all appear to take up too many slots - more than I want to lose anyway as I’m constantly on the 700 limit. The only issue with the new station is that its collision seems like it is a bigger area than it should be / needs to be.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right, typically I found in most of my homes (before I discovered the way I did it in the above pic), that it just took up a lot of space. I usually tend to like that "Old World" style of the original cooking station and I think at most, I was able to keep it to no more than four spots in total, which includes the actual cooking station.
    It would be nice if the station didn't require so much space around it though, I would have just liked to have put it inside an already established fireplace built with the home.
    best of luck in your search :)
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surround it with all the burnt sticks that you collected from your Plunder Skulls in an upright configuration and small gap for access.
  • JUSTAPHELLA
    JUSTAPHELLA
    ✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I’m looking for ideas. In the absence of an oven or something better, I want to attempt to build a fireplace for the existing provisioning station. The station will still need to function, but I’d like it to look like it wasn’t just plonked on the floor.

For reference, I’m going to be building in Daggerfall Overlook. I can craft most items.

Anyone done this already - anyone have a great ideas?

Yeah house should already come with a provisioning station (fireplace) lol
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »

@Delphinia What did you use for the base and the mantelpiece? I see a statue base square for the back. Thanks!
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

@Delphinia What did you use for the base and the mantelpiece? I see a statue base square for the back. Thanks!

Hi @Jayne_Doe! You are correct. I used the statue base, square for the back. I used the circular one for the base and for the mantle, I used Serien's Stand.

thanks!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @Delphinia! I suspected it was Serien's Stand for the mantelpiece. That's such an odd furnishing that I couldn't fathom what to do with. I don't have any of the circular bases. I did see one recently for around double the original price. Did you turn it upside down?
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pleasure :) That's a really good question, I had to go back to my home and remove it to remember what I did lol
    I just kept it standing upright :)
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know, I like that so much that I might have to revamp my plans and go with a chimney breast like this - thanks :)
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    You know, I like that so much that I might have to revamp my plans and go with a chimney breast like this - thanks :)

I’m so glad you liked it! Would love to see yours when it’s completed :-)
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See if this works........ I took the ideas above and built something that I think works pretty well at Lone Star Manor. Thanks for the ideas, I'm really pleased with how this looks.

6slebj2yalz5.jpg
    Edited by agegarton on November 5, 2017 5:36PM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And from the other angle......

qcrwzrtzayuf.jpg
    Edited by agegarton on November 5, 2017 5:36PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks amazing; thank you for sharing your own creative touch :)
    I also love the other features and attention to detail in the surrounding areas of your kitchen!
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This looks amazing; thank you for sharing your own creative touch :)
    I also love the other features and attention to detail in the surrounding areas of your kitchen!

Hey thanks :smiley:
    It’s given me the inspiration to go around each of the achievement furniture vendors - who knows what else I have missed!?