Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AMD FX-8350 & Sapphire RX560 2GB OC performance?

Velanthia
Velanthia
Hi,

I am currently in the process of building a PC. How does the FX-8350 & RX560 sapphire pulse 2GB perform in Elder scrolls online? I will be running a system with 16GB of RAM.

I have read a lot about the 8350 performing poorly in ESO, but according to game debate, the specs will be plenty above recommended requirements.
Edited by Velanthia on October 30, 2017 2:14AM
Matt Firor leaves Palladium in every overland chest he finds

Best Answer

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you build a computer with a 5 year old processor now?
    You should consider using more modern equipment.

I understand you may be trying to go the cheap route, but I don't think you will be happy with your performance. I run a I7 3770K from the same era overclocked from stock 3.5 to 4.5 GHZ. I have issues with lag in heavy zones sometimes.
    My GPU is a GTX980.

This game is not optimized to use 8 Cores, and AMD did a very poor job at that time optimizing cores.
    Ryzen is AMD's first real competitor to an Intel chip in at least a decade.

ZOS's recommended specs are way lower than they should be, to guarantee a minimum 30-45fps experience. They still state the minimum CPU as being 32bit. That will become 64bit very soon, as per ZOS announcement,

The Nvidia GTX 1050Ti would probably give a much better performance than the RX560.
    http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-560/3649vs3926
    But, I would prefer a card with at least 4GB.

Plus if you really look, you will start finding some of the seventh gen intel chips come on really good sale as the 8th gen becomes more available.
    Answer ✓
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Velanthia,

I know nothing about the AMD FX-8350 CPU, but currently I am using the AMD FX-8150 (an 8-core) and it works great with ESO! I don't know what the differences are between them, but I hope that the 8350 would only be an improvement.

An important tip: when you do build your computer, my CPU was automatically set to turn on a silly "CPU boost" setting in the BIOS that would cause it to overheat easily and shut off without warning, even though I have a nice liquid-cooling system. If the 8350 does the same thing, be sure to turn that off in the BIOS. Ever since then I have not overheated once, and with my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU that also has 2GB of VRAM, ESO runs very nicely.

With the recent framerate performance improvement, I get 40 FPS in busy towns, and anywhere from 60-100 FPS outside of towns and constant 100 FPS in dungeons. It's great!
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Velanthia
    Velanthia
    -

Thanks Ettin. Any tips & tricks are appreciated.
    Matt Firor leaves Palladium in every overland chest he finds