Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Leveling builds for Wardens?

Eirianbryn30
Eirianbryn30
✭✭
I'm looking for advice or location of info for a leveling build for my warden. I have noticed there are so many different builds for end game, but I'm only lvl 23. She is magicka based and I tend to only use my bear against single targets.

Best Answers

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Short... and rather sarky answer.. pick another class...

Now that I’ve got that out of my system... o:)

The better answer for me is buff using lotus and the netch, then fire up scorch morphed to deep fisure followed by wall of elements followed by winters revenge. As long as all three hit the same point at roughly the same time you can move through open world pve mobs like a lawn mower

Leeching vines and harness magic will get you through most tough stuff, for an ultimate I double slot the ice storm one, can’t remember the name, morphed into the version that gives plus 8 percent magic and also double slot mage light morphed to inner light, with passives that’s plus 16 percent magic and it makes a beefy diffrence to your damage, after that just chuck in the odd heavy attack
    Answer ✓
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    Generally while leveling any character simply use any set that buffs your main stat. (magicka or stamina) Training trait on everything for XP and your weapons would be the same as you expect to use when you are leveled up.

I would go front bar lightning or flame staff. Back bar resto staff. Julianos for a crafted set and Necropentence (for your Bear) for your rings/Necklace +2

Base you skills around some of the end game builds and realize you need to be flexible. Leveling is a good time to learn what all your skills do and when they are useful.
    Answer ✓
  • Eirianbryn30
    Eirianbryn30
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys! I have a night blade as my main, but I'm really enjoying the nuances for the warden. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A better suggestion would be to try playing a different role than PvE DPS.

There are a lot of good Wardens out there already ... as tanks, healers, and in PvP.

A blanket statement that the class is poor (when you’re only referring to the playstyle you like to play) is disingenuous to new players.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 2, 2017 9:13PM
  • Eirianbryn30
    Eirianbryn30
    ✭✭

A better suggestion would be to try playing a different role than PvE DPS.

There are a lot of good Wardens out there already ... as tanks, healers, and in PvP.

A blanket statement that the class is poor (when you’re only referring to the playstyle you like to play) is disingenuous to new players.

Thank you
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm looking for advice or location of info for a leveling build for my warden. I have noticed there are so many different builds for end game, but I'm only lvl 23. She is magicka based and I tend to only use my bear against single targets.

Here is a cheap and easy magicka warden build that works well for pve as well as pvp, but keep in mind you will need to be constantly drinking potions:

5 x Clever Alchemist back bar - can be dual wield swords or sword & shield
    5 x Julianos front bar - destro staff or resto staff, whichever you are leveling
    3 x any arcane jewelry with potion cooldown enchants on all three (best is 3 x willpower, but any green or blue arcane jewelry is fine)

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on November 3, 2017 8:42AM
  • Eirianbryn30
    Eirianbryn30
    ✭✭
    I am having fun leveling her and tweaking my rotation. It's a learning experience for sure
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you have the morrowind part, cause there lvling goes fast, if you know what you are doing.

ask a buddy or guildi to craft you some blue gear lvl 26, 36 and 46. jewelry you dropp along lvling, pots as well, just cook your char some blue meals for the time

do the dailies in morrowind at least all 4 once a day, takes about 20 minutes, then dump yourself in one of the 2 public dungeons and kill all and everything that comes across, as warden you can do that easily

and in about a week you are lvl 50, with some love from yourself
    Edited by Azurya on November 3, 2017 2:34PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I level I try to rotate all the skills and the relevant morph for that build on my bar so I have all 3 class skills and at least 2 weapon skills fully leveled by 50. I usually level to 50 in normal Maelstrom. Then I level 2 more weapon skills by rotating on dolmens. I never spec passives in this phase. At the end I do a respec and only spec the necessary skills and passives, then start questing, filling the rest as I go and get skill points.

For magicka is destro/resto 1-50 then also train 1H+S. Gear 5 Seducer 3 Torug's 5/1/1 with training trait at levels 14/24/34/44. Any arcane jewelry to 50 (from Maelstrom chests) then arcane Willpower.

For stamina is 2W or 2H/Bow 1-50 then 1H+S and 2H or 2W (the one I haven't trained). Gear 5 Hunding 3 NMG 1/5/1 with training trait at levels 14/24/34/44. Any robust jewelry to 50 (from Maelstrom chests) then robust Agility.

Important skills for Warden: Lotus, Predator, Netch, Shalk Bird, relevant weapon skills.
    Edited by Asardes on November 3, 2017 2:44PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |