Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Love my stamina warden. But what sets are good to use?

rossk25
rossk25
✭✭✭
So I recently lvl'd up a Stamina Warden (thanks to the halloween event XP boost whistle thinggy) and loved playing with him. I have not had this much fun playing a character other than my Magicka nightblade.

However, I would like to know, what are good sets that pair well with my Bosmer stam Warden Bow/2H build?

Im looking at automation and vipers (I have these equipped on my stamplar) but want something that will pair well with my build. I am thinking about the defiler set.

Currently my abilities are
Bow bar: dive, sub assault, endless hail, focused aim and bird of prey (fav ability!)
2H bar: Leeching vines, spores, ice fortress, momentum and executioner

Any advice would be great.
Bosmer Magicka Templar - Dest/Resto Staff [ex Stamina Templar - Bow/DW]
Dunmer Magicka DK - Dest/Resto staff
Breton Magicka NB - [Dest/DW PvE] [Dest/Resto PvP]
Bosmer Stamina Warden - Bow/2H
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same as any other Stam class, TFS/spriggans/VO/hundings/NMG, vipers is not very good should be avoided.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends if you just play for fun or you want BiS for raiding etc. If the latter, then yeah run the same as every other stam class as quoted above but who wants to be the same as everyone else, this is an RPG after all.

I use Ravager and Defiler on my stam ward ATM (2h bow) but also like the look of that new darkness set from CwC, the crow one.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• NegativeVibes
    NegativeVibes
    ✭✭✭
    Are you going to be playing pvp or pve?
  • rossk25
    rossk25
    ✭✭✭
    Are you going to be playing pvp or pve?

Most likely PvE, but wouldn't mind switching to PvP later on.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same as you, finished leveling a stamden this event.

I'm having a lot of fun with the new crow set (procs on one bar) and briarheart (procs on the other bar) with Velidreth as a monster set but thinking of swapping it with Krag's. With both pen bonuses from Krag's and the crow set and Major fracture from Shalks, I can use more CP on crit damage and less in penetration (my stamden is a Khajiit) and still run a combo of infused and precise on my weapons and use the Warrior as my Mundus.
    The crow set is definitely BIS for both coolness and fun and pairs really well with the spirit of the Warden class imo.
    The mechanics of the set are actually quite good, the crows are not pets and therefore they won't die (unlike the defiler set),. They act the same way as Skoria for example, they never miss their target and seem to be undodgeable like Dive (needs more testing) - after all, they are also birds :p
    Maybe not BIS for pure damage but I strongly recommend the crow set for pure fun :D
  • rossk25
    rossk25
    ✭✭✭
    @Arciris thanks for the information! I will definately give that set a go once I have the DLC clockwork city.

But as someone on the PS4, I have to wait patiently.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rossk25 wrote: »
    @Arciris thanks for the information! I will definately give that set a go once I have the DLC clockwork city.

But as someone on the PS4, I have to wait patiently.

You're very much welcome!
    Let me know how it went :)
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    haha, seems like everyone did the same. I shelved my mDK for now and leveled a stam warden to CP during the event (too bad I have to waste so much more time to collection shards and level the guilds up meh...)

Right now I run 5 VO / 5 TFS. Its good damage and sustain. For fun and flavour however Iam actually going to use the Hunt Leader ( http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunt+Leader+Set ) as soon as I got the missing set parts from n/vMA. Obviously use the bear then for sustain. I will also have a look at the Crow-set, but Iam unsure whether I will stay 5/5/1 (bow/bow or bow/2H) or switch to 2/3/5 or 5/4/2/1.

anyway, Stam Warden is really fun and more so than the DK at the moment in my book.
    Edited by coplannb16_ESO on November 3, 2017 8:31AM
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.