Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

CwC: Help with 2 elusive fish needed

Tai-Chi
Tai-Chi
✭✭✭✭
Just as the title question states. There are two fish in CwC that are eluding me.

They are:
  • Ancestor Wrasse
  • Enmeglabzu
1. Has anyone caught either or both?
2. If yes, could you please indicate in which general areas(s) I should be concentrating my efforts?

Any help would be much appreciated.
I am on PC EU, if that makes any difference.
PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA

Best Answers

• greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caught the wrasse near the delve bottom right in the large body of water, with crawlers....haven't found the other yet tho.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

Answer ✓
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I, also, caught the wrasse on the right side of the map around that delve. I haven't caught the other one, yet.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Answer ✓
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's outside the delve, the body of water that surrounds it, there were about 7-8 spots around the shore (fairly large area) and after about an hour of solo fishing I caught one.

I'll check when I'm on after work to see if I got the other one, can't remember
    Edited by greylox on November 1, 2017 2:33PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

Answer ✓
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I caught the Wrasse where the red circle is..........

8nwVM9r.jpg

I fished all morning and still didn't get the Enmeglabzu! There's always one that takes forever! :/
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Answer ✓
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tai_Chi I caught the Enmeglabzu this morning in the Machine District right where the cursor and little blue indicator is.

oZTX0ez.jpg
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Answer ✓
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Than-you @greylox and @Hippie4927 . I will just have to keep trying at different times and days.

I thought that one, or both, might be in one of the pools of water beneath ground level. So far, I have found fishing spots (and have caught fish) in all of them, except for the Delve on the right, ie, on the level below the Delve Boss. That does not necessarily mean that fish do not exist in that pool; it is possible that I have been unfortunate when visiting it.

I am not sure whether the pool of water you mention Greylox is the one I have described as "... on the level below the Delve Boss".

You are both one up on me. Well done and good luck with the last one. :)

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Hippie4927 & @greylox

Hi,

I caught the Ancestor Wrasse (Blue) at my 3rd fishing spot - in the vicinity you suggested.

My lucrative spot was just further South along the coast from the red circle - by the 'nostril' position of the peninsula that looks like a long turned-up nose. I stood on a rock, just to the South of the spot, and the two Factotum Scanners near by did not bother me at all.

Thanks again both. One more left to go. I wonder whether it has a catch to it, like the Epic (Purple) fish in Wrothgar. We shall have to wait and see. o:)

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure all of the fish in CWC are random, and that the location doesn't matter. It took me about 800 casts to get all 12 rare fish, and I caught about 8 blue fish in that time, consistent with a base rate of around 1% for blue fish. Assuming all three blue fish are equally likely, 8 attempts is a pretty typical amount before getting all 3. I did not fish anywhere in particular, just ranging back and forth across the map wherever I could find fishing spots.