The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Xbox One X capped at 30fps ?

AsheronRealaidain
AsheronRealaidain
✭✭✭
Was looking into upgrading to a 4k television and purchasing an Xbox One X for Christmas this year and I'm reading ESO will be capped at 30fps? They have the capability to take advantage of the upgraded hardware yet they won't implement? This game runs like garbage in Cryodiil on console, what the actual *** ZOS. Upgrade your console client and allow Xbox One X to take advantage. Keep selling skins and mounts though and just pocketing that cash without trying to fix anything that actually matters. Pretty graphics though!!! You keep telling us you're working on performance yet when you have the opportunity to optimize with better hardware you gimp yourselves for what reason?
Daggerfall Covenant
Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
Xbox One X, NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FPS for the Xbox one x has more to do with fair gameplay but I haven’t seen it confirmed.....have you?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    The FPS for the Xbox one x has more to do with fair gameplay but I haven’t seen it confirmed.....have you?

wccftech.com/elder-scrolls-online-4k30fps-xb1x/
    We had the chance to speak with Game Director Matt Firor at E3 2017 and ask him whether the Xbox One X was powerful enough to run Elder Scrolls Online at 4K@60FPS. The team is still making tweaks at this point, but he replied that it’s most likely going to run at 4K@30FPS while also getting those additional graphics effects that PS4 Pro only enables when running at 1080P resolution.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Xbox One X, NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there’s no confirmation

Keep reading as he also says he isn’t working on it, the team is and he himself doesn’t know. That article is his guess. I wouldn’t get upset about anything until an article from ZOS is published or from Xbox.
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭

Keep reading as he also says he isn’t working on it, the team is and he himself doesn’t know. That article is his guess. I wouldn’t get upset about anything until an article from ZOS is published or from Xbox.

"The team is still making tweaks at this point, but he replied that it’s most likely going to run at 4K@30FPS"

It's extremely hard to believe they are going to release an update that will allow better fps on the X. You can claim there is no real confirmation all you want, but c'mon man. If they were actually working on something that would improve frame rate, we would have something more to go off of besides "the team is making tweaks, we'll see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" Do you know how many new and returning players they would pull if this game ran at 60fps on console? Yeah they don't want to make promises but they would be hinting at a little more than just "the team is making tweaks" if it was true. That's code for go *** yourself, buy more crown crates.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Xbox One X, NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"The team is still making tweaks at this point, but he replied that it’s most likely going to run at 4K@30FPS"

It's extremely hard to believe they are going to release an update that will allow better fps on the X. You can claim there is no real confirmation all you want, but c'mon man. If they were actually working on something that would improve frame rate, we would have something more to go off of besides "the team is making tweaks, we'll see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" Do you know how many new and returning players they would pull if this game ran at 60fps on console? Yeah they don't want to make promises but they would be hinting at a little more than just "the team is making tweaks" if it was true. That's code for go *** yourself, buy more crown crates.

Just saying there’s no confirmation article. Matt F says a lot ....I’ll leave it at that.

Regarding FPS, that has more to do with things like how would Players on the Xbox one x compare in PvP to players on an Xbox one S.

Sure the cpu, gpu and Ram matter but until there’s an article from the devs, confirming this or refering to that, everything is just assumed.

Having owned both PC and Xbox One, anything consistently above 30 FPS is fine. When asking for 60 FPS you’re asking for 75+ as FPS will dip so I’d much rather they move the graphic sliders to what my PC shows as very high. Even if it’s only 1440p I’m very happy with a min 30 FPS and it will be awesome by any comparison to our experience now.

We fall below 30 FPS on Xbox one now so just giving a frame of reference until an official article is produced.....that’s where I am on it. I’m also very eager to have more info but all we can do is wait.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 24, 2017 7:31PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-one

Notice on this site the game doesn’t have a 4k logo so knowing the update is coming soon, I doubt this is headed towards what we hope for.

What are your thoughts?
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Having the game in PvP run at 30fps all the time at 1080p with increased graphics would mean a tenfold jump in fps.

The Xbox One S usually drops to 3~6 fps when in combat with more then 20 players on the screen, so 30fps stable would be great.

Still... 1080p at 30fps+ would be welcome and possible since the X1X is about 5x faster then the X1S :)
  • Rawdoginher
    I'm running the X1S on a 4k TV and it recognizes the games that are compatible with 4k by giving me a notification. I havne;t seen that notification pop up when I started playing eso, so I will assume getting the X1X and a 4K TV will make very little difference.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running the X1S on a 4k TV and it recognizes the games that are compatible with 4k by giving me a notification. I havne;t seen that notification pop up when I started playing eso, so I will assume getting the X1X and a 4K TV will make very little difference.

@Rawdoginher
    Upscaling 1080p to 4k and native 4k are VERY DIFFERENT. It’s assumed that the PS4 pro 1080p enhanced version is the min expectation for the native 4k version on the Xbox one x. This means other video slider enhancements if you were to refer to the PC video settings menu. No confirmation just speculation but the upgrade will be noticeable

For context in this game see the PS4 vs PS4 pro screenshots

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 2, 2017 4:53PM