The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PSA Extend Double EXP Past Witches Festival

Nestor
Nestor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The two hour timer only increments while you are logged in, you can have double exp after the event is over. Even weeks later if your alts are parked and not played. All you have to do is make sure you apply the buff while the event is still active. Then you can park them and have the Double Exp when you next log in.

Also, if you have an alt with a partial boon that applies the double exp, and you want to park that alt with a full two hours, then: Remove that first in the Character Sheet (right click on the effect if your on PC, not sure on console) then drink the Witch Mothers potion again. This will give you the full 2 hours.

This way, when you log to an alt in the future, you will have a couple of hours of double experience bonus.

EDIT Clarified the Text
Edited by Nestor on October 31, 2017 3:44PM
Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fishing yesterday with 250% Bonus ... B)

Punishing Sotha Sil for giving me useless questrewards :p
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent advice, @Nestor !

tenor.gif
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure last year the boon expired when the event did, even with a timer left on it?
    Edited by lagrue on October 31, 2017 12:42PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an very good advice.
    Note it can be smart to do early, just reapply on alts you play before logging out.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure last year the boon expired when the event did, even with a timer left on it?

It has worked like this for every double exp event so far. You just can't apply it again after the event is over, as you know.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

It has worked like this for every double exp event so far. You just can't apply it again after the event is over, as you know.

Alright nice, I'm gonna give it a shot this time around then :) thanks for the heads up.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They also made an update at some point where you couldn't "double dip" event xp buffs. Ex. You can't wait until the New Life Festival to log into an alt, summon the New Life xp boost, and stack it with your residual Witches Festival buff. But, other than that, you can keep the current buff indefinitely as long as you don't log in to those characters.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the Double Exp remains in effect if it is applied to a character even after the event ends, you should have all your alts drink from the Witches Cauldron today. The two hour timer only increments while you are logged in, you can have double exp after the event is over. Even weeks later if your alts are parked and not played.

Also, if you have an alt with a partial boon that applies the double exp, and you want to park that alt, then: Remove that first in the Character Sheet (right click on the effect if your on PC, not sure on console) then drink the Witch Mothers potion again. This will give you the full 2 hours.

This way, when you log to an alt in the future, you will have a couple of hours of double experience bonus.

YESSSSSSS this is brilliant news as I am unable to play today but still need to grind out a few more levels on 1 character.

Thank you @Nestor for always being so helpful on here.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, this is a good tip to remember for all these types of events--worked for 2x AP, too.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still had the cake bonus on a character a month ago. It was a nice surprise.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still had the cake bonus on a character a month ago. It was a nice surprise.

I still have it on one of mine
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup! I apply it on all of my characters before the event ends. Even the pack mules lol
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Yup! I apply it on all of my characters before the event ends. Even the pack mules lol

I leveled 5 pack mules with minimal time investment during the event. That's how I upgrade pack mules to crafting writ pack mules.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I leveled 5 pack mules with minimal time investment during the event. That's how I upgrade pack mules to crafting writ pack mules.

I should probably do that. I’ve played since console launch and have done about 2 crafting writs.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, went through all my alts and activated the Caller before the event ended this morning, just in case I want to go back and level up some skills.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it on all my characters last night ... was thinking the same thing as you, @Nestor!
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big thanks to Nestor for this heads up. Put it on my 10 played characters before signing off last night. Now I have 20 boosted XP hours saved up.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Went through my alts last night to do this, and found one toon that still has 2 hours double XP from last anniversary cake!! Lmao!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got so busy I forgot to do it. Dang!