The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

BA Motif Droprate borked?

Cpt_Teemo
Cpt_Teemo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Opened nearly 2,000 chests / 250 masters / 22 Tmaps in about 3 days and haven't found one BA, and yet Master + Tmaps said greater chance? really.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BA drop rate has been broken ever since Vvardenfell started. And yet there are a few lucky souls who managed to complete the motif through chests, most people just bought it through the crown store.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • NotNormanBates
    NotNormanBates
    ✭✭✭
    I got 1 in my first 50 chests.... Sold it and bought the book :mrgreen:
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0.00001% greater chance is still a greater chance, I guess. Weren't you the person who fould a crapton of these motifs months ago? You should know better than most of us how abysmal the drop rates are.
    PC-EU
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    0.00001% greater chance is still a greater chance, I guess. Weren't you the person who fould a crapton of these motifs months ago? You should know better than most of us how abysmal the drop rates are.

Yeah I found them pretty easily back then but not sure why its so non existant now ever since Hotr dropped, my guess its cause its on the crown store just like AO was, but that was before the supposed greater chance upgrade.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on October 31, 2017 2:09PM
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BA drop rate has been broken ever since Vvardenfell started. And yet there are a few lucky souls who managed to complete the motif through chests, most people just bought it through the crown store.
    I would have bought it if it were in the crown store, but they placed it into crates... I will not be wasting my time on crates, no thank you!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zero here. Do they actually drop?

I’m not playing the crown raffle to get it.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had no interest in paying the high prices for these pages in gold. Also did not want to farm them after readting thread after thread about the terrible drop rate. I ended up spending money on crown crates to get it as i had a few crown gems already that I could put towards it. I do not regret my decision but damn them for finding a way to get me to spend money on those boxes when i thought the reaper crate mounts were so ugly :(
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *insert bork*
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't BA have to drop to have a Drop Rate?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to hear anyone on eso live say, "borked". :p

Yes, the motif drop rate is pathetic. Is this only because the complete sets will be in crown crates now? :/
  • Nussi28
    Nussi28
    ✭✭
    Had my first yesterday after ~100 chests in sum. It poped from an intermediate one...
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent my extracted gems from my free crates this year plus 15 I bought and got my book from that. Opened over 50 master chests and never had 1 and can’t be bothered with that grind!
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found five since the drops were increased with treasure hunter, and that's without actively farming. Prior to that, I only found 5-6 since Morrowind launched.
    forever stuck in combat
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep farming lols

Seemingly to extent the life spawn of content in ESO, its not about play ability, its about mindless farming with no skill
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pffft farming I got it with crown crates was super easy XD
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for letting us know that you are the reason they don't even drop in-game. People like you who will rush to the crown store to spend real money instead of playing the game and earning what you have. XD
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vimora wrote: »

Thanks for letting us know that you are the reason they don't even drop in-game. People like you who will rush to the crown store to spend real money instead of playing the game and earning what you have. XD

Np