The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

LF Help with Shooting Star

PocketAces13xb
PocketAces13xb
✭✭✭
So I finally got Shooting Star after spending hours upon hours of finding lorebooks. Now that I have it I can't seem to figure out when to use it properly. I usually run in groups between 12-20 people in my PVP guild. I know I can ask them but the forums have been extremely helpful as I have been getting more into PVP. Below are my current bars: Destro/Destro (I know people suggest resto for that ult but I am loving my Destruction Mastery/Shacklebreaker/Domi gear set up)

Haunting Curse - Mages Wrath - Crystal Frags - Crushing Shock - Hardened Ward - Shooting Star
Dark Conversion - Streak - Power Surge - Boundless Storm - Harness Magicka - Overload
Overload Bar: Rapids - Mines - Streak - Rune Prison - Boundless Storm - Hardened Ward

**Overload bar is mainly used for defense and when traveling to keeps. I would rather keep this the way it is as I become more experienced in PVP however if you think it would be of great help to change it I will accept any advice.

Again, I am not very experienced but my survivability and burst is good. I just want to help my group more with my ultimate. I can change that overload bar to Negate/Destro Ult if it really would be of more help to my group.

Thanks for any suggestions/guidance/advice, I really do appreciate it and learn from it.
Pocket Aces 13 -Xbox NA
509cp
A Single Nut Lvl 50 StamDK
Lets Get HighElf Lvl 50 MagSorc
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you can morph it to Shooting Star, you use it when you have a large number of enemies in a group you can hit. As you get Ultimate back for each one you hit.

As for more detailed PvP Tactics, I will defer to others.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MonoAlv96
    MonoAlv96
    ✭✭
    If you want to help your Zerg just stay as you are and use it to focus an enemy altogether.

If you want to move to god lvl solo/small scale run destro/resto and time ur meteor with curse and frags.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because of the way that Shooting Star returns ultimate when hitting targets, it works best if you can get your opponents grouped together where you can hit 6 or more while your guildmates use at least some of their ultimates at the same time. Throw in a nightblade using fear or soul tether and they won't be blocking that meteor when it hits.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you really want to use Meteor in a large group, hit as many enemies at once with it, like the other posters said. However, Negate or EotS would be far superior to Meteor when you're running together. Meteor offers delayed burst and is mostly used single target in conjunction with Curse, Mage's Fury Crystal Fragments.

As for resto staff, the main reason mag Sorcs use it is for Healing Ward, not the ultimate. Since you have only one destro skill on your bars, it wouldn't be difficult to bring that in. But your choice.

If I were you, I'd use resto staff on back bar, swap out Dark Conversion for Healing Ward and then swap Boundless Storm for Dark Conversion on the Overload bar. That way you'll have a stronger and more reliable heal in combat and be forced to learn how to safely access Overload in combat, too.
    I would also swap Surge and Rune Prison (whichever morph you have there), unless you use the latter a lot to land Overload.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • PocketAces13xb
    PocketAces13xb
    ✭✭✭
    Since the backbar destro is only increasing my max magicka and boosting my harness magicka i think i should switch to a resto staff. Is healing ward a better shield/heal than harness magicka? If anything I would swap think about swapping those two skills.
    Pocket Aces 13 -Xbox NA
    509cp
    A Single Nut Lvl 50 StamDK
    Lets Get HighElf Lvl 50 MagSorc
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healing Ward grants a much bigger shield than Harness when it's being cast on a low health target (including yourself). But it doesn't do much for you to cast it at full health. It definitely makes sense to run both Hardened Ward and Harness Magicka if you want to, as stacking them gives both better defense and magicka sustain - but it's perfectly possible to do without.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Negate and destro ult are far more beneficial in a raid situation than meteor. Also grab proximity detonation (assault tree) and time it with destro ult, streak and wrath for the highest burst damage. In a raid its all about burst damage, the higher the better the outcome. Alternatively use negate to disable and lockdown a clump of players and let your group cc and kill them. Negate placement and timing are critical so its a hard skill to master, if you want an easier route go destro ult. This should get you started.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc