The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Had to relog to fix keyboard problem now i'm the one punished?

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
Had to relog to fix keyboard problem now i'm the one punished? Impatient group kicked me and now I can't requeue for a dungeon.
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's ridiculous. They need to fix that. There's a lot of reasons you leave a group. Shouldn't get penalized for it. Especially if it's a technical issue
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How exactly is ZOS supposed to judge between totally justifiably leaving a dungeon group and someone who left for unjustifiable reasons?

An impatient group kicked you. I'm sorry, that sucks. Poor form on their part. At least, the plus side of waiting out the queue is that you probably won't get re-queued with them to fill their missing role.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impatient group kicked you and that's ZOS's problem how?
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    have a little understanding that the groups time is just as important as yours, so three people waiting vs one.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion would be a minimum amount of time. For example, if kicked within five minutes then no penalty. I understand both sides. I understand 3 other player's time is important but why punish, let's say, someone who is deemed unacceptable?
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If me and my buddies are in a dungeon and a PUG DC's then we will always wait for a while to see if they come back...we might go kill the mobs up to a boss, but we will wait for the DC'd person before we fight the boss...b/c we know how frustrating it is to be kicked for something out of our control...
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I didn't know why you left the dungeon, I'd have kicked an offline player as well especially if its an important role like healer/tank because the queue takes forever.
    Edited by IronCrystal on October 31, 2017 5:18AM
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion would be a minimum amount of time. For example, if kicked within five minutes then no penalty. I understand both sides. I understand 3 other player's time is important but why punish, let's say, someone who is deemed unacceptable?

If you insist on seeing it as a punishment, look at it like a learning experience, if you keep getting kicked because you are "unacceptable"(this term could mean anything) then you get 15 minutes to reflect on what you are doing wrong and time to think about how to improve. If you didn't have that time you could just que over and over and either ruin 3 other people's time because they have to deal with your inadequacy or they boot you and they have to wait for a replacement, so having the 15 minute timer provides insentive to get better, so you are not kicked.

For the op problem, technical issues outside the ops control, you can't really expect people to wait, they have no idea how long you will be gone and some people just have like enough time to run the dungeon in a timely manner. So buck up and move on.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you warn your group you needed to relog(or were you unable to do so because of keyboard issue?)? Imho good tone is generally giving the unexpectedly offline person 2-5 minutes(possible crash), then kicking(unless there was a prior warning and everyone is chill waiting). However it's weird if you got queue penalty for being kicked - the few times I got kicked I never got it. If it's been changed they should indeed revert it because a person shouldn't be punished for other people forcing him to leave.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about when you get queued for a dungeon, try to port in, and it says the instance is full even though there are only 4 people in the group? And then you try to join for multiple minutes but it still isn't working, so you have to leave the group and get a 15 minute penalty due to the activity finder being broken for what seems like a year. So many times you are stuck with this 15 minute penalty due to no fault of your own.

Furthermore, if I am trying to complete a pledge and i join a group that already has one of the bosses for the pledge quest killed, I should IMMEDIATELY get the credit for the bosses they killed. Otherwise what is the incentive for me to complete the dungeon? As someone with limited play-time because I am an adult with like actual responsibilities my options are to either finish the dungeon and not complete my pledge here-by wasting my time as the pledge completion was the only reason I was doing the dungeon, or leave and sit out the 15 minute penalty.

The penalty needs to be in the game because of how people would abuse the activity finder but when the activity finder itself is broken and there are inherent flaws in how pledges are supposed to be completed by a fill in for a group, it's one of the most frustrating things to sit through the penalty. Especially when it's ZoS's fault that I had to leave the group (full instance bug).
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I didn't know why you left the dungeon, I'd have kicked an offline player as well especially if its an important role like healer/tank because the queue takes forever.

Well, if they had a keyboard issue, kind of hard to type out the reason for re-logging.

Anyway, if the group member in question was doing a decent job, I will give them 3 or 4 minutes if I see them go off line. Lots of reasons for that can occur, ISP issues, power issues, etc etc. After about 5 minutes, the group gets polled as to kick and replace or wait.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"