The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nirnhoned trait on back bar.

Marabornwingrion
Marabornwingrion
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Simple question: if I have nirnhoned vMA staff on back bar, and when I cast wall of elements on this bar and then weapon swap to front, will I get 15% damage increase from this trait on front bar?

Best Answer

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, ground/AoE DoTs are scaled from the current active bar. Some abilities like cripple for example retains the buff though.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Answer ✓
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    No, ground/AoE DoTs are scaled from the current active bar. Some abilities like cripple for example retains the buff though.

Math please? :)
  • C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭

Might be wrong but didnt wall also take it over to the other bar? Or was is twisting
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOE dots will take over the stats of the current bar. Single target dots will retain the stats of the bar they were cast on.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    AOE dots will take over the stats of the current bar. Single target dots will retain the stats of the bar they were cast on.

Not all single target DoTs though, Haunting Curse rescales the 2nd explosion for example.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

Not all single target DoTs though, Haunting Curse rescales the 2nd explosion for example.

I don't think Haunting Curse works like a true DoT. It's a delayed damage ability like Proximity Detonation. Single target dots are things like Poison Injection or Crippling Grasp which tick damage against one target at a constant rate.