Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Storm Atronach Ultimate Broken?

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed that sometimes when using the Sorcerer's Storm Atronach ultimate, it will not appear after casting and will be a wasted ultimate use? It seems to have been broken since Homestead.
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    Not that specifically, but Liquid Lightning definitely. It doesn't cast half the time anymore. It's probably something to do with the quick cast setting found under gameplay, I haven't got around to checking (mine is on for reference).
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muramasa89 wrote: »
    Not that specifically, but Liquid Lightning definitely. It doesn't cast half the time anymore. It's probably something to do with the quick cast setting found under gameplay, I haven't got around to checking (mine is on for reference).

Just ran a dungeon and carefully watched Liquid Lighting. I noticed the same thing - can't even get it to proc Llambris. What is going on?
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    I had trouble with my storm atro tonight. Cast it and it disappeared before my husband had a chance to use the synergy. Not only was my ultimate wasted, but we missed out on his extra damage too. Frustrating!
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had trouble with my storm atro tonight. Cast it and it disappeared before my husband had a chance to use the synergy. Not only was my ultimate wasted, but we missed out on his extra damage too. Frustrating!

Okay so I'm not the only one who keeps experiencing a disappearing Storm Atronach. I'm trying to figure out what is causing it to disappear (along with Liquid Lightning).
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    Bump, storm atronach keeps disappearing on cast, I can barely get it to spawn less than half the time, this is backbreaking like crazy =.="
  • radarcg
    radarcg
    Soul Shriven
    I can confirm this is an ongoing issue for me as well. It almost, but not entirely, seems to do with the smoothness or flatness of the terrain. I can nearly predict when it will cast (but when I'm wrong, its because I thought it would cast, but doesn't, never vice-versa).

I can easily lose 50% of my ulitmate casts of him. :/
  • CrazyCleatus
    CrazyCleatus
    ✭✭✭

Okay so I'm not the only one who keeps experiencing a disappearing Storm Atronach. I'm trying to figure out what is causing it to disappear (along with Liquid Lightning).

Maybe the weather is just getting nicer? Clearly nothing ZoS has control over.

Try waiting for rain or at least a couple of clouds before using this ultimate. Even Zeus would have a tough time spawning a storm on a clear day.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have heard of others having issues with liquid lighting.

/Bug

Also @ZOS_GinaBruno maybe should be looked at?
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have the same problems, especially with lightning flood. Press it once and yellow circle appears, press again to lay it down and nothing.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Have heard of others having issues with liquid lighting.

/Bug

Also @ZOS_GinaBruno maybe should be looked at?

Massive necro on thread.

Liquid lightning is fine.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More and more bugs all the time
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also affecting destro ultimate and other ground aoes like wall. They disappear as soon as they try to tick damage and your initial target had already died.
    Edited by itsfatbass on October 31, 2017 11:51AM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    atronach still keeps disappearing @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muramasa89 wrote: »

I use quick cast on PS4 and have never once not seen liquid lightning cast. I don't think it is that setting (at least on console).
  • radarcg
    radarcg
    Soul Shriven
    I believe this issue has been corrected entirely. I'm not having any issues whatsoever with the atronach since the last patch (or the previous one, I'm not sure).
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happens with Ballista (bow ulti)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like the Destro ult. But yes. I did notice.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Mureel
      Mureel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      greylox wrote: »
      Have the same problems, especially with lightning flood. Press it once and yellow circle appears, press again to lay it down and nothing.

eeee set to quick cast - point and shoot
    • Merlin13KAGL
      Merlin13KAGL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I've experienced this with purge, LL, Blockade, Atro, Elemental Storm, Negate, and sometimes even bash.

Nothing like mashing buttons to have nothing happen yet still lose the resource, better yet, when it finally does decide to cooperate, it tries to do it twice.

It's not a lag issue, either, as other skills will continue to fire off just fine.
      Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
      I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
      Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    • Lunerdog
      Lunerdog
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can confirm on the Storm Atronach bug, it's happened with both my sorcs :/