The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Planar inhibitor tanking help. What's the secret?

Eyesinthedrk
Eyesinthedrk
✭✭✭✭✭
I can hold her and absorb everything with no problems. Then the instant she hits blue phase, even with full health, full stam, holding block and healer in tow, I'm dead in less than a second.

So what's the secret?
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't supposed to tank her.
    Your team is supposed to take the pionion away from you.
    the whole mechanic is changing the pinion form player to player so that her dot doesn't get to heavy.
    once she hits blue flame you are pretty much dead if no one takes it from you.

Easiest way to do it is just tank her in the middle until blue flame, you die and then team rez you straight away, youcan speed run it that way.
    The "proper" way you are supposed to do it is that each team member takes the pinion everytime it opens, swapping, including those who have the portal closing power, once she gets to blue flame get her to the edge of the arena straight away, someone else take pinion and get to other end of arena so by the time she gets to them she explodes.

Cold fire equals death for everyone.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good healer Spamming bol and 55k hp you can hold her for the entire blue phase.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GOOD DPS: Tank hold burn her
    OK DPS: everyone swap pinion (although because i am able to pay attention; as healer I just take it every other time, so a DPS won't die from the other being slow)

Know what's funny?

How FAST everyscrub hits the pinions on Dolmen - but can NEVER seem to hit this one when it's open until 65866385 wipes xD
    Edited by Mureel on October 23, 2017 12:33PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even with the changes, people will not kill the stinking portals has been my biggest pug problem there.

Tank grab pinion and Hold her rock steady there in the middle till blue phase( the third time she dives) then run to side of room and someone else grabs the pinion and runs to other side of room effectively kiting her around. Then get that pinion again and burn her when she’s in down phase.

You can do this fight without a single add spawning from portals. If you get overwhelmed by ads repeatedly you should just leave because the DPS is terrible.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny.

You are not supposed to be in melee range during the blue phase even as a tank.

Also, sadly, there is no need for a tank on that fight. The tank needs to go ranged dps.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    do not tank her. When pinion gets blue - someone else must pick it up and run away. She will switch from you to this other guy . Only when pinion gets blue she is ready to one shot. The rest is just a running game.

- vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can hold her and absorb everything with no problems. Then the instant she hits blue phase, even with full health, full stam, holding block and healer in tow, I'm dead in less than a second.

So what's the secret?

I have trouble with this fight as well. Even when someone takes the pilon I still continue to tick the dot for a pretty long time afterwards which unfortunately kills me and we wipe. Is the pilon dot supposed to keep being on me after another player activates the pilon??
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 31, 2017 1:58AM
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

So what's the secret?

I have trouble with this fight as well. Even when someone takes the pilon I still continue to tick the dot for a pretty long time afterwards which unfortunately kills me and we wipe. Is the pilon dot supposed to keep being on me after another player activates the pilon??

The dot will stay on you until after every blue phase when she goes into a stun... then it will reset... that’s why people alternate the pinion so the dot is spread between them and not one just 1 person. As long as nobody takes the pinion from you, the dot will grow stronger and stronger...