The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would this violate Terms of Service??

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
Gambling for in game items, currency, or otherwise similar products. In game??

Like if I was to do a drawing between numbers 1 and 100. And I charged every person 1k gold to enter. But I was giving something of value in return (let's just say 10 tempering alloys for example) would this violate ToS?

Guilds do it all the time with raffles so I assume no, especially since everything is taking place within game but I was curious.

I would assume however that if I held such a gamble and didn't hold up to my end of bargain (took gold but didn't pay out goods) then I could possible be flagged??

Just curious if anyone knew about this.

EDIT: I should add I read through the ToS and didn't see anything against it, but was curious if I missed it or misinterpreted it.
Edited by Casul on October 31, 2017 4:10AM
PvP needs more love.

Best Answers

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like no matter how honest your intentions are, someone who enters your lottery will end up feeling cheated because they didn't win, and they could cause trouble for you. They could start screaming that you're a scammer in the chat even though you had a valid winner, and delivered the items like promised. If they wanted to get really nasty, they could claim you "fixed" it so one of your friends would win. Doesn't matter that it wasn't true.

Yeah ... not worth the headache that could cause. You know there are people out there who are evil jerks.
    Answer ✓
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If everything is in-game then im sure its not.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Answer ✓
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You'll just get black listed, but you can always change your @Name cause it promotes cheating now
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    You'll just get black listed, but you can always change your @Name cause it promotes cheating now

Excuse my ignorance but what is black listed? What does such title entail?
    PvP needs more love.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It sounds like no matter how honest your intentions are, someone who enters your lottery will end up feeling cheated because they didn't win, and they could cause trouble for you. They could start screaming that you're a scammer in the chat even though you had a valid winner, and delivered the items like promised. If they wanted to get really nasty, they could claim you "fixed" it so one of your friends would win. Doesn't matter that it wasn't true.

Yeah ... not worth the headache that could cause. You know there are people out there who are evil jerks.

Well originally I wanted to do gambling with gold and the engine guardian set. Basically 3 people enter. Each picks a color and the winner doubles their money.

So basically 3k in, 2k out. 1k profit. Simple but effective.
    PvP needs more love.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Masters have been doing this for a long time now to entice members to donate. Its called Red, Blue, Green. GM wears this set that has a random chance to proc one of three resource buffs with an animation of orbs of the respective color. Players put down gold on a color, then the GM starts spamming skills until the orbs proc. Whoever chose the resulting colored orbs that proc, wins.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that is what I read about. Seemed like a neat way to earn some gold. Something I could do while waiting for dungeon queues. But I wanted to make sure it wasn't violating ToS. So do people still do that? Cause I haven't seen anyone do that in my 2 years of playing. I've seen people bet gold on duels but never on RGB.
    PvP needs more love.