The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion: Armor Master 5th effect length needs a buff

HowellQagan
HowellQagan
✭✭✭
With the introduction of the Fortified Brass set, Armor Master became a lot less appealing for the following reasons:
- Armor Master can only be crafted in the Imperial City which is a DLC PvP zone, or you have to get Attunable Crafting Stations for your home (which aren't cheap, and many people did get them)
- Armor Master's resistance increase only lasts 10 seconds after using an Armor Skill while Fortified Brass (albeit lower by about 100 points) has it included and active all the time AND since v3.2.5. (Clockwork City update) two armor skills out of three last around 20 seconds or more, so you have to spam those skills more than needed for the same bonus another set gives permanently
- the 5% extra health bonus is very negligible, even at 50k hp it's only 2.5k extra

Hope some balance dev reads this...
That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    IMO Armor Master is Overkill on Tankiness for pVE and there are better sets that I would say make It useless
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It they increased it to 15 seconds I'd run it as a back bar set
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    It they increased it to 15 seconds I'd run it as a back bar set

I was running it as a backbar set for a lazy worldboss soloing magicka tanky build. On two characters even... (plus I have it in medium on my DK too). It was kinda okay with Harness Magicka, but now that I have to use the Heavy armor skill which lasts longer, it would only make sense if it actually lasted longer to match the longer skills tbh. Plus it's not exactly the set people run on light armor anyway.
    Edited by HowellQagan on October 26, 2017 4:20AM
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the changes to shuffle it seems like a good idea, can play medium armor tank in PVP with it.

I'd also want Spectres eye to also get the duration buff, since it would be a way for a PVE tank to get nice damage mitigation from dodge.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least for PvE Armor Master has not been considered a great set to use. It is easy to get the added health otherwise if that is desired and better options for gaining the armor buff that only take up one slot.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the introduction of the Fortified Brass set, Armor Master became a lot less appealing for the following reasons:
    - Armor Master can only be crafted in the Imperial City which is a DLC PvP zone, or you have to get Attunable Crafting Stations for your home (which aren't cheap, and many people did get them)
    - Armor Master's resistance increase only lasts 10 seconds after using an Armor Skill while Fortified Brass (albeit lower by about 100 points) has it included and active all the time AND since v3.2.5. (Clockwork City update) two armor skills out of three last around 20 seconds or more, so you have to spam those skills more than needed for the same bonus another set gives permanently
    - the 5% extra health bonus is very negligible, even at 50k hp it's only 2.5k extra

Not only that, but also armor master needs 9 traits whereas brass needs 4 or 5 (I dont recall). Seems like theyre scrapping armor master altogheter. They should bring more value to 9 trait sets imo, something like a specific buff depending on the used armor?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not only that, but also armor master needs 9 traits whereas brass needs 4 or 5 (I dont recall). Seems like theyre scrapping armor master altogheter. They should bring more value to 9 trait sets imo, something like a specific buff depending on the used armor?

Armor master is different enough in that is you wanted to, you could back bar the armor ablity and swap to your front bar with a different set, say the master S/B and still get the buff, where with brass, you loss the armor as soon as your switch off the bar it is. Big of enough difference.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Armor master is different enough in that is you wanted to, you could back bar the armor ablity and swap to your front bar with a different set, say the master S/B and still get the buff, where with brass, you loss the armor as soon as your switch off the bar it is. Big of enough difference.

That makes sense, so im with the op that the duration needs a buff to match the armor skills duration so you wont need to recast em without need