The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

When Banker is purchased from Crown Store...Should...

Vizier
Vizier
✭✭✭✭✭
It would be extremely cool and thoughtful of ZoS to allow for items in a character's inventory to be transferred to the bank without actually being logged onto that character. For instance there is an addon called inventory insight that allows us to see what is on any particular character on my account or in the bank. The addon itself is a real boon for not having to bounce from toon to toon in order to actually see what is on them but to be able to at least transfer those items to the bank without logging out and then back in to open inventory, transfer to bank, log out, then back in, to open back and transfer items, would be SO NICE.

Not sure it would help with server load but...Maybe? Thoughts?
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory Insight is amazing!

Yes I would love improved functionality for the assistants. I understand why the devs have intentionally limited their capabilities, they want players to NEED to go to towns/refuges/hubs for certain services. But they really should give other incentives for going to town. The merchant and banker are very expensive and AT THE VERY LEAST should provide full functioning services equivalent to their in-game counterparts WHEN PLACED IN YOUR HOUSING INSTANCES. But they seem oblivion-bent on keeping assistants neutered, this has been a criticism since release day for banker/merchant. And don't even get me started on Pirharri who is next levels of useless.

As far as the banker allowing you to shuffle items between characters? It would be an awesome improvement/system, but I can't see them adding that. If they ever allows players to place their alt characters as NPCs in housing - and you could then manage inventory like that maybe it could work. But it wouldn't be cheap though, they would probably charge 5000 crowns just to place ONE alt in your house haha.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would open the game to exploits to allow that to happen. Kind of like the Item Duplication Glitch we had at launch.

Reason, now, when we log into a character, we are loading that character, when we log out the file is closed and another one opened for the other character. To be able to do what you are suggesting, we would have to be able load both/all characters at once. That is where exploits could happen.

How these exploits could happen I am not sure. As an example, back when they made a change with Surveys around the time they released the Assistants, there was a way for someone to trigger a Survey Location, put the survey back in the bank through the assistant, harvest the survey, then pull out the survey out and trigger the survey again. So, 100's of surveys from one survey.

So, it seems like a good idea, and I am sure people would want it (I know I would), its probably too risky for ZOS to implement.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you’re saying we should have better inventory options and a redesign of the bank interface.

Uhm yes we all might agree
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will never happen. Inventory Insight only has knowledge of your alt's gear because it's saved to that addon when you log out of that character. The game has no way to link to another character's inventory. Also, I've NEVER seen the ability to grab items from another character while it's offline in any MMO I've played.
    Edited by PlagueSD on October 26, 2017 11:00PM
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Will never happen. Inventory Insight only has knowledge of your alt's gear because it's saved to that addon when you log out of that character. The game has no way to link to another character's inventory. Also, I've NEVER seen the ability to grab items from another character while it's offline in any MMO I've played.

It's never been done before is not a reason...just sayin. I get your point though that it may simply be unfeasible. I just think there is likely a way. Even if for a time when something is going to be transferred that character's inventory loads in the background. Is that more of a strain on the system than logging in and out multiple times? And if they are not using Inventory Insight that's more logging in and out just to look for items.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be a big load.

The back and forth and processing of the inventory data is one thing for one character and 200 slots, its another story entirely with 14 characters and 3280 slots.

Its a good idea in principle, its coming up with a stable, reliable, secure and fast system that is the trick.

Vizier wrote: »
    Is that more of a strain on the system than logging in and out multiple times? And if they are not using Inventory Insight that's more logging in and out just to look for items.

You only have to log your alts once for Insight to grab the items and counts. It updates on each character you load and play them. The characters you are not playing, will not have their inventory change if they are parked so no logging to those characters. It just looks locally for stored data.

Most addons just automate manual UI activities, so you don't have to do things like manually updating spreadsheets of your inventories as you log to each character. Some of course can look at variables that exist, but may not be used by the stock UI, and then and display them in a different way. So they are not changing how the game works, just giving you a different User Interface and how you interact with it.

Edited by Nestor on October 30, 2017 4:49PM

• crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    I would like item set bags similar to crafting bag but a different bag per set
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose, in the end what I'm asking for is a bank that increases for each character and bag space upgrade... Not askin for much (LOL). I don't mean to be amused by my own selfishness but I guess I kind of am. :wink:
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for mechanics that reduce the daily relogfest for inventory management! ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I think it would open the game to exploits to allow that to happen. Kind of like the Item Duplication Glitch we had at launch.

Reason, now, when we log into a character, we are loading that character, when we log out the file is closed and another one opened for the other character. To be able to do what you are suggesting, we would have to be able load both/all characters at once. That is where exploits could happen.

How these exploits could happen I am not sure. As an example, back when they made a change with Surveys around the time they released the Assistants, there was a way for someone to trigger a Survey Location, put the survey back in the bank through the assistant, harvest the survey, then pull out the survey out and trigger the survey again. So, 100's of surveys from one survey.

So, it seems like a good idea, and I am sure people would want it (I know I would), its probably too risky for ZOS to implement.
    You can bank surveys you get from low skill alts and have an have master crafter harvest.
    Has always done that, started because master crafter knew all the wayscrines.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SoftcoverGore47
    Nestor wrote: »
    It can be a big load.

The back and forth and processing of the inventory data is one thing for one character and 240 slots, its another story entirely with 14 characters and 3840 slots.

How does your character have 240 inv slots???

XBX1 NA
    MAG DK
    CP 810
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give us a "thief bag" already. I'd pay a hefty amount of crowns for a bag that could store an infinite amount of stolen items/mats.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

How does your character have 240 inv slots???

By being confused on Bank size.......

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    You can bank surveys you get from low skill alts and have an have master crafter harvest.
    Has always done that, started because master crafter knew all the wayscrines.

That's different. What I was talking about was manipulating the inventory to pop a survey without consuming the map, banking the map, harvesting the survey, then taking the map back out again to pop the survey again.