The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Was bored so I swapped my imperial to a magward for a bit. Gotta say...

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm having alot of fun. I am running 3 willpower, 2 grothdarr, 5 overwhelming surge.

I really like this setup because (at least in BG) it offers alot of passive pressure. I was using

Lightning staff
scorching flare (stop NB)
Beetles
Cliff racer
Vampire drain
Inner mage light
Permafrost

Restoration staff
Grand healing
Leeching vines
Proximity detonation
Blue netch
Inner mage light
Healing thicket

I found that using the combo beetle>cliff racer>vampire drain was effective because I could almost guarantee the hits for the beetles and racer. I also enjoyed using proximity + permafrost when doing team fights. Super great for offering support.

Since I'm imperial my health is higher then most. Running witch mom's brew I end up with

25k hp (pvp)
36k mag
11k stam

2.8k SD (epic weapom so more with gold obviously)
40% crit

I tried to set up my CP to help with penetration. As is now I'm at about 14k and I can feel the effects when fighting other light armor wearers. Especially when my OS and grothdarr proc for nearly 2.8k to 3k combined damage per second.

In pve this build is also good when you run alot of AoEs like impulse, elemental blockade, ice shards etc. You can take down large trash pulls pretty quick.

Eventually I am gonna swap back to Stamward but I wanted to get a feeling for how magward was. Any magward found any other good combos? Builds? Etc?
PvP needs more love.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Destro/Resto, with 5-1-1 Necropotence/Shacklebreaker and 1 piece Domihaus. For bar setups, I've primarily gone with:
    Destruction Staff: Force Pulse, Screaming Cliff Racer, Deep Fissure, Harness Magicka, Living Trellis, and Northern Storm Ultimate.
    Restoration Staff: Ice Fortress, Bird of Prey, Blue Betty, Budding Seeds, Nature's Embrace, and Healing Thicket Ultimate.

There have been plenty of times that I've swapped some skills around, which has mostly involved using Proximity Detonation for added burst, Fetcher Infection for some added pressure, and Inner Light for extra damage on front bar (and moving Living Trellis into Nature's Embrace spot on back bar). And if I find myself in a Battleground with players that are good at dodging the Deep Fissure, I'll sometimes swap out Force Pulse for Destructive Clench.

The typical burst damage for a Magicka Warden is Deep Fissure -> Screaming Cliff Racer -> Force Pulse. If your target is relatively squishy, but doesn't quite die to the initial burst setup, throw another Force Pulse at them while they break free (Screaming Cliff Racer takes too long to land).

If you see some Stamina build that's constantly dodge rolling, show some solidarity with your fellow Magicka players and spam Cliff Racer non-stop (mixing in a Deep Fissure if you think you can land it). You get bonus Internet Points if said dodge roller sends you hate tells.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cause I'm eventually going to swap back I've been using everything against medium armor setups because then I can see how they adapt and do so myself. Mainly I've swapped permafrost for soul assault. Gotta say unless they can burst me down fast it's usually a free kill. Not sure how I feel about it.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Just cause I'm eventually going to swap back I've been using everything against medium armor setups because then I can see how they adapt and do so myself. Mainly I've swapped permafrost for soul assault. Gotta say unless they can burst me down fast it's usually a free kill. Not sure how I feel about it.

My advice, if you go medium, find a way to recoup resistances into your build so that you can mitigate some incoming damage
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault usually isn't so bad if you can either quickly LOS (via dodge roll, gap close to someone else, etc...) or block it.