Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rakeipa needs to drop more

Katahdin
Katahdin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we please increase the drop rate of Rakeipa!!! Also REDUCE the amount needed to make lighting items.
I am constantly running out of it and despite harvesting literally EVERY rune node I see, I am lucky to get 1 in 100 harvested.
Its ridiculous. My houses are too dark and I keep stubbing my toes. They are all mangled and bloody.
Can someone please look into this problem?
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
Thank you
Beta tester November 2013
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to have a lot of Rekeipa, I was amazed at how much was used making some lights.

Now, I just have no ambiance in my other houses.

I do get most of my Essences deconning mob loot. Humans and Undead seem to drop the most Glyphs. Other benefits to farming them too enmass.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I decon all of my runes as well, even the white ones because I am still leveling enchanting on characters.

I have literally hundreds of all the others (except Hakijo). I have 1.6 K of the Stamina, 1.6K of the health and 2K of the magicka
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make Rakeipa. Buy lowest level fire runes from enchanter vendor with a low level char to get them lowest possible price. Then switch to high level enchanter and decon them.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    You can make Rakeipa. Buy lowest level fire runes from enchanter vendor with a low level char to get them lowest possible price. Then switch to high level enchanter and decon them.

This is a ridiculous solution. I have to purposely dedicate a character slot for a character I cant level just to get one item for crafting. Its beyond ridiculous, its absolutely ABSURD!

Edited by Katahdin on October 30, 2017 6:49PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

This is a ridiculous solution. I have to purposely dedicate a character slot for a character I cant level just to get one item for crafting. Its beyond ridiculous, its absolutely ABSURD!

What you're basically asking for is ZOS to cater to your specific style of gameplay (which is evidently making a lot of candles for housing) ... when the vast majority of players don't share that gameplay style.

So far, no mention of buying Rakiepa at the guild stores to support that gameplay style.

Another suggested option, buying low level runes which are very cheap and can be bought by other players for you, was immediately shot down.

Who is absurd?
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to put them into guild banks before I got craftbag.. now I wish I hadnt
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What you're basically asking for is ZOS to cater to your specific style of gameplay (which is evidently making a lot of candles for housing) ... when the vast majority of players don't share that gameplay style.

So far, no mention of buying Rakiepa at the guild stores to support that gameplay style.

Another suggested option, buying low level runes which are very cheap and can be bought by other players for you, was immediately shot down.

Who is absurd?

What is absurd is how many materials are required to make all of these furnishings. Especially since some of them are so tiny, provide no benefit other than cosmetic, yet will require double digits of multiple items. Way too much of a time-sink for someone like me who is only mildly interested in housing. My giant manor sits mostly empty except for crafting stations because I do not want to spend the gold buying, for instance, 1000 fire runes just to make sure my house is adequately lit. For someone who is more interested in housing like OP, i think it sucks that they have to put forth so much gold and time just for a simple cosmetic item that provides the basic function of lighting a small area of space.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to have as many Rakeipa as I did the other elemental essences (Dakeipa/Meip), but since Homestead that's changed considerably. Now, when I'm farming or deconning, I feel lucky if I see a Rakeipa. Some of it's seeming rarity is certainly that I'm in need of Rakeipa and so am on the lookout for it, but I suspect that the drop rate on it may have been lowered with Homestead. I can decon a stack of mob loot and get several Meips/Dakeipa but not a single Rakeipa. Again, this could all just be a matter of perception.

However, I'm sure there are folks out there selling Rakeipa at guild traders, so that's an option. Fortunately, I haven't had the need to buy any of these yet.

Also, there are a number of light sources that DON'T require Rakeipa. Several of the basic candles don't, but they in turn require 20 flour. So, now I'm short on flour - used to have well over 800, but am now down to 150. :D
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    it would be nice if the houses wouldnt be so dark at day..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Find any house with a lot of outdoor - like Stros M'kai one. Forget about the house itself (it always will look like a cell in jail) and put some stuff outdoor. This is the best way to get it light up (at least during the day). And as many lighting sources as possible for the night.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decon glyphs for the rune or buy from guild stores. There are options already to get you what you want without having to make one rune drop at a higher rate than the others. You don't like those options? That's not ZOS's fault. They made the light recipes take numerous runes on purpose to make them scarce and needed by furnishing crafters. That was done intentionally.

The more logical change would be to reduce the rune requirement on lights rather than increase the drop rate of one rune to compensate for that increased requirement but since it was set up this way intentionally, I can't see it happening.
    Edited by redspecter23 on October 31, 2017 8:35PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    What is absurd is how many materials are required to make all of these furnishings. Especially since some of them are so tiny, provide no benefit other than cosmetic, yet will require double digits of multiple items. Way too much of a time-sink for someone like me who is only mildly interested in housing. My giant manor sits mostly empty except for crafting stations because I do not want to spend the gold buying, for instance, 1000 fire runes just to make sure my house is adequately lit. For someone who is more interested in housing like OP, i think it sucks that they have to put forth so much gold and time just for a simple cosmetic item that provides the basic function of lighting a small area of space.

You’re using the key word I like to use for these types of threads — cosmetic.

In other words, not a game breaker and not a show-stopper.

But I suppose players will go to great lengths to avoid the remedies and options that already exist in the game ... even for making candles.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭

Who is absurd?

He's entitled to as much furnishings of whatever type he wants by only doing the work he wants to do. It's his birthright. How dare anybody suggest that he actually have to find another way to do something. He should just walk around and find what he needs on the ground in the exact quantities that he requires and he should be able to find these in the normal course of doing other things he chooses to spend his time doing. IN FACT there should just be ample rune drops on his pathway from the bank to the crafting station.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The recipe cost for even subpar items is ridiculous. A lot of ingredients for furnishings are getting harder and harder to come by. I see this as another push towards crown bought furnishings, and I wouldn't be surprised if they offered more house space in the crown store, as well.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

You’re using the key word I like to use for these types of threads — cosmetic.

In other words, not a game breaker and not a show-stopper.

But I suppose players will go to great lengths to avoid the remedies and options that already exist in the game ... even for making candles.

Exactly. Not a game breaker. So why do these furnishings use so many materials? Simply to waste our time. They want was to spend so much time farming gold to buy these materials. I made a gold housing item yesterday, was a mortar & pestle and the gold cost of the the ingredients was absolutely disgusting. Especially considering how tiny it ended up being. (Game not allowing us to preview the item is also disgusting). It costs way more to fully furnish a manor than it would be to craft 160 gear for all of your characters. That's not right. It's a house that is simply for aesthetic enjoyment. I feel bad for OP that they have to spend so much time now farming gold just to make something that affects NO OTHER PLAYER IN THE GAME. The cost of making furniture, even green pieces is WAY too high. As i said before my manor will sit empty because of this but I feel bad for people who really want to get into housing only to find out it costs millions of gold to furnish the biggest homes.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just decrease the number of rakeipa required to make lights - the nodes are fine.

...Or find that person who sees little value in housing or hording enchanting mats - friends of mine helped me out immensely with some heartwood and other stuff when I was making tons of furniture.

The main problem is, it discourages your creative impulses when you run out of mats before ideas.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    not all furniture needs rakeipa. Not even all lighting sources need it. So, just buy the rest from guild stores. Or buy the white glyphs and decon them (put 3 skill points to increase the probability to get the mats). I am rarely doing furniture which needs it and on average I have comparable rakeipa as other runs - ~1-1.5k. So, the drop rate is Ok, it is just the fact that you are making specific furniture. Just switch to another one which don't need rakeipa and gather/buy it. When you will have enough - siwtch back to rakeipa furniture. It is as simple as this.

-vovus
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are the listings for 1-4g each on the trade center website all bogus?

(Not in game so I can't double check.)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    1-4g are all already bought if they were. Those are mistakes. As far as I remember MM - rakeipa on NA PC more than 100g. Like 130g or somesuch. I usually not buying it so, don't have firm numbers. But there are no runes 1-4g. Even cheapest will be 20-30g PC NA.

-vovus
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    1-4g are all already bought if they were. Those are mistakes. As far as I remember MM - rakeipa on NA PC more than 100g. Like 130g or somesuch. I usually not buying it so, don't have firm numbers. But there are no runes 1-4g. Even cheapest will be 20-30g PC NA.

-vovus

Last time I bought Rakeipa they were 750 each. Not sure who's selling for 20-30 but that's fantastic.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem I see now is there is little Rekiepa to be found in guild traders I have been out scouring all the traders, and if I find some its 2 to 5. With the drop rate so low, because of the competetion with other Essence Runes, I think we are dwindling everyone's supply, without enough drops to meet the demand. Of course I never thought of having my level 6 toon buy the runes though, I am going to start doing that.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I also never seen a lot for 20-30g on PC NA. But I saw a lot of them at 140-160g ea. At that price you can buy several hundreds just in any big trader hub - Rawlkha, Deshaan, Stormhaven, Grahtwood. If you want cheaper, but smaller amounts - run around Alikr, Bnagkorai, Greenshade, Balmora, Vivec, etc.

-vovus
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nearly a thousand of em, time to make a tidy profit :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also didn't sell anything - just collecting them. I am not in that furniture segment which needs them. Another such thing which is expensive because of the furniture is malachite. It is ~400g ea or so. I guess people are using it basically for magus apparatus yellow furniture recipe. But apart from this - nothing comes to mind, but, again, I am not in this business, so I might miss something.

-vovus